Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, mottaloo said:

I remember watching Leicester play arsenal in a league match, when i was sitting in a modest and small hotel bar in cyprus. It was an early season game, say September.....nothing at stake. The game was about 30 mins old when Arse score. A bloke in his early twenties and a proper hooray Henry jumps up in front of two airhead blondes (he had been trying to pull all week but failed) and in a desperate need to be all blokey runs around the bar area going delirious, shouting "soccer, soccer, soccer - go go go Arsenal !!" then jumps fully clothed into the pool outside....all to impress the two girls. He slops back in, grins sheepishly at his mate as he remembered he had his phone in his pocket but then asks the girls what they thought of his heroics. 

"Yow'm a saft clearing in the woods, ay ya ?" one of them said and they walked off to their room !

My mate who's from west brom translated for said yuppie and poor old Yogi (that was his name !) sat there dripping wet all forlorn until the bar man kicked him out !

Ironic thing was, my mate ended up banging both girls two nights afterwards in a threesome. I congratulated him but he shrugged it off by saying they were only from Smethwick so he wasn't gonna brag about it !!

Does your mate post on here? I remember a certain forum member being depressed by how good he was at "banging". Some people can't handle talent and fame, it makes them sad.

7 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Does your mate post on here? I remember a certain forum member being depressed by how good he was at "banging". Some people can't handle talent and fame, it makes them sad.

God no, he's a sandwell town supporter.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, KentVillan said:

@rjw63 is happily married now mate, he doesn’t like talking about past conquests 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Its 7.12 and already my brain is fried, writing test cases for mortgage products with cashback and arrangement fee variants. Its going to be a long day. 

• Sad 3

15 hours ago, Xela said:

Superficial vacuous people. No substance to them at all. Everything is just a opportunity to get exposure or be able to post pictures of themselves on social media 

#LivingMyBestLife 

Remember when people used to go on holiday? All my holiday photos of places like the Pyramids, Angkor Wat, Paris, Rome, etc, are mainly of the landmarks and sights. With an occasional one of me standing in front of something like the Eiffel Tower or the Pantheon. Nowadays its all selfies so you get everyones stupid posing or pouting face in font of everything. Uggghh. 

/rant over

This x1000.

I put together a photo book for my wife for our third anniversary last year, scrolling through thousands of photos on my phone of all the places we’ve been together, it was a real struggle to find actual pictures of us. Intricately tiled temples, got plenty of them, but selfies not so much. 

When did people become so self obsessed?

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I want the Villa app to push notifications to my phone, except for the ones announcing a signing for the women's team...

I hear ya. I think I've found my PC blind spot. I've always been a feminist fellow traveller, but women's football just holds zero interest. It actually irritates me that it crops up at all on VT and the BBC sports site. I mean good luck to them doing it, but personally I couldn't give a shit. 

• Thanks 1

On a similar angle... BBC and their deliberately ambiguous sports headlines in order to get clicks. 

'Cricket news - India lose 3 wickets in run chase against England' 

Click on it and its women's cricket. Not interested. Put that in the headline. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Xela said:

On a similar angle... BBC and their deliberately ambiguous sports headlines in order to get clicks. 

'Cricket news - India lose 3 wickets in run chase against England' 

Click on it and its women's cricket. Not interested. Put that in the headline. 

Click on it and find it is about cricket. Fool me once. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Click on it and find it is about cricket. Fool me once. 

Meh

Get back to your mortgage calculations! :) 

• Haha 2

Womens outfield footie is getting OK to watch tbh, then someone has a shot and you realise the goalkeepers havent remotely caught up with the outfield players skill levels. There are better keepers in mens pub teams aged 50 with 42 waist shorts

• Like 2

Women's tennis is better because they have longer rallies.

Women's football is ok, some good technical players about.

Women's cricket is alright as well, England ladies are flying atm.

Oh and the god awful verbatim used by footy journalists.

"...given a transfer boost"

"Green light"

"Our sources understand"

"So-and-so prefers a move"

Makes my skin crawl 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Women's tennis is better because they have longer rallies.

Women's football is ok, some good technical players about.

Women's cricket is alright as well, England ladies are flying atm.

Due to work reasons I once attended the World Indoor Climbing Championships in Brum at The ICC. 

Women are much more interesting climbers.  More supple and elastic, can clamber over all sorts of things the blokes can't, or certainly not as gracefully. 

I wouldn't go again/pay to go but it was interesting to watch, and actually marvel at what they can do. 

Edited by sidcow

59 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

Grown men that reply to a "who do you want to see pictures of today?" social media post from a football team....

Or grown men that reply to a football team's completely unrelated social media post with "Announce Sancho" or whichever player that team is rumoured to be signing. As if it's going to make a blind bit of difference

• Haha 1

Â