Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

16 hours ago, sidcow said:

I've got that.  I am hoping one day it will be worth thousands as the pages inside the book have all been glued in upside down.

I’ve just checked and that’s the same with my copy too!-  In fact mine might be worth even more, as the cover’s upside down too….

oh, am I?

Right you are. Ha ha. I was just holding it the wrong way up. Eejit.

• Haha 1

My missus is now a qualified dog groomer. She loves the job , which is great, and is also very good at it. She works 2-3 days for another woman in her salon. She’s just set up her own business page and already it’s had loads of followers and interest, people booking in their dogs etc. The next step is obviously to work for herself , and it’s logic not to pay high rents on a business property, but get your own dog grooming pod at home. We have a very big back garden, so plenty of room. The only problem is these dog grooming pods are not cheap. The one she wants which has everything in it, is around 10k. I know it’s just the outlay then you’ll save in the long term , but 10k is a lot of money. Dog grooming is a growing business it seems . It’s become trendy I think.

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 2

It's been a big business for a while haven't it?

I think it's very price dependant though. I'd easily spend £ 20 a week on grooming if I cut escape all that stuff myself, but there's a fine line between what I find ok price wise and what's too expensive.

I often find these niche shops to price themselves out of business before they even get started.

In Oslo they take easily £80 an hour, counted at 15 min mark, for big dogs.

****. That.

Another thing that royally pisses me off. Was watching Axios two days ago... and irrespective of how educated or dumb they are, they refer to themselves as Americans and America.

Guess I have to concede to this at some point. Guess I've even mentioned this here before.

56 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

My missus is now a qualified dog groomer. She loves the job , which is great, and is also very good at it. She works 2-3 days for another woman in her salon. She’s just set up her own business page and already it’s had loads of followers and interest, people booking in their dogs etc. The next step is obviously to work for herself , and it’s logic not to pay high rents on a business property, but get your own dog grooming pod at home. We have a very big back garden, so plenty of room. The only problem is these dog grooming pods are not cheap. The one she wants which has everything in it, is around 10k. I know it’s just the outlay then you’ll save in the long term , but 10k is a lot of money. Dog grooming is a growing business it seems . It’s become trendy I think.

Good muck to your wife and if you were a few miles this way I would be booking my dog in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Another thing that royally pisses me off. Was watching Axios two days ago... and irrespective of how educated or dumb they are, they refer to themselves as Americans and America.

Guess I have to concede to this at some point. Guess I've even mentioned this here before.

Well apart from the fact that I had to Moon^H^H^H Google Axios... why wouldn't they? It's an American website, isn't it? 

15 hours ago, sidcow said:

Some friends of mine had to warn all visitors about parking outside the house opposite as the bloke was psycho.  It was a road with no drives and tons of cars all over the road.  He twice started ramming cars parked outside his house when he got home. 

Also got into trouble for painting his own yellow box in the road. 

Leave a written off volvo there for when he comes back off holiday,  flat tires etc.  See him ram that the silly word removed.

I hate people who think it's my space.  It dont work like that.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Basically you have to wait til @BOFcomes round your house and bums you.

That stopped with the previous update thank God.

I hate it when people like Hutton,Gabby and that midfielder from Stoke that joined us for i season go blabbing on about who we should sign and who would be a great fit and even which club they should sign for.FFS if they are that good then why arnt they managibg a team at the top of a league somewhere ?

2 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I hate it when people like Hutton,Gabby and that midfielder from Stoke that joined us for i season go blabbing on about who we should sign and who would be a great fit and even which club they should sign for.FFS if they are that good then why arnt they managibg a team at the top of a league somewhere ?

I agree....but they're probably thinking "if that word removed robbie savage (and many others) can make money out of spouting his cr*p, then why can't I ?"

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think it's very price dependant though. I'd easily spend £ 20 a week on grooming if I cut escape all that stuff myself, but there's a fine line between what I find ok price wise and what's too expensive.

I often find these niche shops to price themselves out of business before they even get started.

****. That.

I’ve only noticed the last couple of years, but probably, yes. There’s even a dog grooming show on tv now. There’s seems to be a lot popping up, but there seems to be more dogs about, too. Not sure what my missus charges, but I know she’s buzzing at the minute because of the interest she’s got. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’ve only noticed the last couple of years, but probably, yes. There’s even a dog grooming show on tv now. There’s seems to be a lot popping up, but there seems to be more dogs about, too. Not sure what my missus charges, but I know she’s buzzing at the minute because of the interest she’s got. 

That'll be the dog hair clippers. 

Or maybe something else ;)

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Well whatever it is, it’s getting more action than me at the moment .

i might book myself in. I currently resemble a sheepdog. 

On 29/06/2021 at 08:16, KenjiOgiwara said:

****. That.

£20 a week? On dog grooming?

Steady on Paris Hilton.

• Haha 1

Â