Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

£20 a week? On dog grooming?

Steady on Paris Hilton.

Bloody nora, I currently spend £11 every 6 months on haircuts for me. Like fook would I ever spend that on a mutt

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

Bloody nora, I currently spend £11 every 6 months on haircuts for me. Like fook would I ever spend that on a mutt

We spend £35 once every three months, so about £13 a month or £3 a week. How does someone spend 7x that amount?? I know Norway is expensive, but come on!

17 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’ve only noticed the last couple of years, but probably, yes. There’s even a dog grooming show on tv now. There’s seems to be a lot popping up, but there seems to be more dogs about, too. Not sure what my missus charges, but I know she’s buzzing at the minute because of the interest she’s got. 

55 Pound a go for my dog every six months.  Depends on the size and breed on the costs i think. 

It takes mine 2 hours to do my dog.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

Police 101 number.

What is the point? Lady outside my house ranting, shouting, shaking and screaming at herself and anyone who passes by. Clearly unwell and distressed. I’m worried she’s gonna do something to hurt herself or others so I call 101.

5 minutes of listening to an automated intro of which none of it is necessary or pertinent (seriously, I’m prompted about officers names and extension numbers 3 times). After he stops waffling I’m given some options of which none apply, I hold some more and then it rings, then I’m told I’m in a queue and the wait time is approx 15 minutes. I hang up, have a look and she has gone. So frustrating. 

Edited by Ingram85

17 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

55 Pound a go for my dog every six months.  Depends on the size and breed on the costs i think. 

Try "Jack the clipper"

I saw him when I was in Whitechappel,have a picture somewhere

2 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Police 101 number.

What is the point? Lady outside my house ranting, shouting, shaking and screaming at herself and anyone who passes by. Clearly unwell and distressed. I’m worried she’s gonna do something to hurt herself or others so I call 101.

5 minutes of listening to an automated intro of which none of it is necessary or pertinent (seriously, I’m asked about officers names and extension numbers 3 times). After he stops waffling I’m given some options of which none apply, I hold some more and then it rings, then I’m told I’m  in a queue for the wait time is approx 15 minutes. I hang up, have a look and she has gone. So frustrating. 

Not sure at all, but my initial reaction is you'd be okay to call 999 on something like this? Depends how threatening she's being to herself and others I suppose.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Police 101 number.

5 minutes of listening to an automated intro of which none of it is necessary or pertinent (seriously, I’m asked about officers names and extension numbers 3 times). After he stops waffling I’m given some options of which none apply, I hold some more and then it rings, then I’m told I’m  in a queue for the wait time is approx 15 minutes. I hang up, have a look and she has gone. So frustrating. 

Few weeks back there was an old guy in our street. Clearly unwell and didn’t know where he was. Initially he was banging on doors and saying he was being chased. So sad to see as it will be somebody’s loved one.

Police came and collected him, no idea how long the call took. 

22 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

People who do performative things for the camera at big events - festivals, football matches, protest marches, whatever.

It's always been a thing, but it's got so much worse with phone cameras. So much oneupmanship. Who can be the craziest fan or display the most emotion or whatever.

The pinnacle of this is launching your pint in the air. Just... what a waste. What a damn shame to throw all that beer.

angry clint eastwood GIF

Especially at those prices 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

Few weeks back there was an old guy in our street. Clearly unwell and didn’t know where he was. Initially he was banging on doors and saying he was being chased. So sad to see as it will be somebody’s loved one.

Police came and collected him, no idea how long the call took. 

We used to live next to an old people’s home . Some used to escape, and we had 2-3 come wandering in our garden and knocking on the door. Infact the one time some old woman walked in our house. 

2 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I’ll ask her how much she charges(sounds funny that doesn’t it 🙂)  when I get back from work . 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

We used to live next to an old people’s home . Some used to escape, and we had 2-3 come wandering in our garden and knocking on the door. Infact the one time some old woman walked in our house. 

AKA "The Wayne Rooney Defence". 

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Xela said:

Superficial vacuous people. No substance to them at all. Everything is just a opportunity to get exposure or be able to post pictures of themselves on social media 

#LivingMyBestLife 

Remember when people used to go on holiday? All my holiday photos of places like the Pyramids, Angkor Wat, Paris, Rome, etc, are mainly of the landmarks and sights. With an occasional one of me standing in front of something like the Eiffel Tower or the Pantheon. Nowadays its all selfies so you get everyones stupid posing or pouting face in font of everything. Uggghh. 

/rant over

Makes ya sick . Never been on Facebook, Tweeter or Instagram. I’m not keen on being put on Facebook either. I’d just rather not. For example when we played wolves in the cup I went with a group of lads I know . They wanted a group photo of us in pub to put on Facebook. As soon as I knew it was going on there I tried to get out of it. Anyway I ended up on there. The missus showed me the photo on the lads account the other day. There were comments underneath and all of the comments were literally bullshit. This one lad reckoned I was rough as **** at work the following day. I’d had 4 pints before the game and that’s it, plus he wasn’t even at the game. Another made a comment about something but he was on about the wrong game. Basically all bullshit and incorrect. That’s why I’m glad I’m not on there. It pissed me off a bit that people were posting bullshit and I’m not even on Facebook to correct them. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, KentVillan said:

The pinnacle of this is launching your pint in the air. Just... what a waste. What a damn shame to throw all that beer.

Well that's one way of looking at it. I'd say there's a 99.999% chance that the beer being thrown everywhere is some utter garbage like Carling. Unbeknown to the very whoppers doing this, they are doing the world a favour and throwing away shit beer. They aren't wasting anything I'd drink

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Anyone that throws their beer up in the air when someone scores because it’s the cool thing to do needs shooting in the face. 

I remember watching Leicester play arsenal in a league match, when i was sitting in a modest and small hotel bar in cyprus. It was an early season game, say September.....nothing at stake. The game was about 30 mins old when Arse score. A bloke in his early twenties and a proper hooray Henry jumps up in front of two airhead blondes (he had been trying to pull all week but failed) and in a desperate need to be all blokey runs around the bar area going delirious, shouting "soccer, soccer, soccer - go go go Arsenal !!" then jumps fully clothed into the pool outside....all to impress the two girls. He slops back in, grins sheepishly at his mate as he remembered he had his phone in his pocket but then asks the girls what they thought of his heroics. 

"Yow'm a saft clearing in the woods, ay ya ?" one of them said and they walked off to their room !

My mate who's from west brom translated for said yuppie and poor old Yogi (that was his name !) sat there dripping wet all forlorn until the bar man kicked him out !

Ironic thing was, my mate ended up banging both girls two nights afterwards in a threesome. I congratulated him but he shrugged it off by saying they were only from Smethwick so he wasn't gonna brag about it !!

Edited by mottaloo

Â