Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

5 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

That said, I've never had bad service in the states and when you come home to the UK, it's absolutely depressing going into a weatherspoons where you're treated with distain for having the temerity to order something. :(

Liked for the use of disdain and temerity. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Yea, always Google!

In the states it depends, if you get shit service, you're told not to tip at all, and when they challenge you about it, you tell them where they fell down on your expectations.

That said, I've never had bad service in the states and when you come home to the UK, it's absolutely depressing going into a weatherspoons where you're treated with distain for having the temerity to order something. :(

A minimum wage would be good for those in the states though! 

Isn't it normal to tip less in the US if you get shit service?

I thought their entire salary was tip money.

Everyone can have bad days or what not, but no tipping in that regards seems kind of cruel.

But ye, service in the US is normally very good. For obvious reasons I guess.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

23 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I've never been to America but I absolutely detest that false OTT fake smile, insincere welcome you get from some (mainly American) companies who come here. 

Obviously I don't want people to be actually RUDE to me but I find the fake stuff very unsettling. 

Just be pleasant to me and back off a little will ya. 

I've often left shops when being hassled by people hounding me so see if I want any help. 

No mate, I just want a look around and if I want some hell I'll come ask you. 

54 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Waiting and tipping is difficult I think, cause it's different from country to country.

Being impolite or behaving shitty is never okay, but tipping itself is difficult. In England I rarely know what to tip and I always tip too much.

The US I think I normally gave 15%.

In Scandinavia you don't give.

I'm in Poland atm. and we literally had this discussion 20 min ago, cause when we paid with a card the waitress removed the option to tip and we didn't have cash on hand.

Guess you just have to google it everytime you go some where.

I had a waitress run out of a restaurant in Japan to give me my money back 

I left her like £1.50

The US pisses me off with the tax and tip stuff 

In most of Europe I just leave shrapnel, taxi driver gets it rounded up 

England I do about 10% but if I haven't got the coins I haven't got the coins, if it comes to £18 and you give them a twenty just let them keep it, don't tip the barmen and if your service is shit then don't worry about it, if you go Dutch then just round it up even if the tip becomes big, don't make them give loose change to 10+ people 

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I've never been to America but I absolutely detest that false OTT fake smile, insincere welcome you get from some (mainly American) companies who come here. 

Obviously I don't want people to be actually RUDE to me but I find the fake stuff very unsettling. 

Just be pleasant to me and back off a little will ya. 

I've often left shops when being hassled by people hounding me so see if I want any help. 

No mate, I just want a look around and if I want some hell I'll come ask you. 

I find if you are genuine with them and their over exaggerated welcome, they actually really calm down and genuinely want the best for you.  Call it British modesty or whatnot :)

But when the server identifies that they don't have to be the happy clapping seal to impress you, they become really good and kind.  

I expect they have to perform for more difficult guests, and their fakeness is almost a defence against arseholes.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I worked briefly at a cinema on the refreshment counter. It was just a few nights a week as I was working full time during the day. The rudeness of some people, that just assume you are scum, was disheartening. They wouldn't speak to me like that in my day job. 

Once a woman asked for a bag of salty popcorn... I double checked with her as the sweet one made up about 90% of our sales, but she was adamant. Served it to her and she took a mouthful (KW) and stated loudly - "I asked for sweet". I started to tell her that she had requested salty not sweet but she claimed I was lying and started making a scene. I was ready to vault over the counter and roundhouse her and her partner, but thought better of it! I was told to move to the pic n mix instead! 

You see a different side to people when you work in the service industry. I'm always mega polite in places but i've got a friend and she can be a bit short with serving staff and I die inside when she does it. Told her about it a few times and I don't like going out for food with her anymore. She's not a bad person but she doesn't engage her brain sometimes before speaking. 

I make a point of thanking checkout staff, bus drivers, doctors receptionists and so on especially in the early days of covid. I bloody grateful for them being there.

i once went to the customer service desk at my local tesco and asked for a manager. I had great service from a checkout girl (fnarr !) and made a point of telling him how helpful she was. Sad thing was the look of initial confusion on his face that someone - for once - wasn't making a complaint. He really was relieved then to listen and promised to pass on my praise.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

but if people wanna laugh and clap like seals at a guy with no talent, fair play to him.

Never harmed Michael McIntyre 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

when you come home to the UK, it's absolutely depressing going into a weatherspoons where you're treated with distain for having the temerity to order Something

What do you expect when the owners is such a word removed?

What do you expect when the prices are so low?

The hospitality industry is short of staff, Weatherspoons is shorter than most, no one really likes working there

It attracts certain types, serving them all day would depress the hell out of most people

It's a vicious spiralling circle of shit staff / shit punters

You get what you pay for

• Like 2

After moving house recently for the first time ever we have an en suite bathroom. I've always wanted one of these for some reason but the dream doesn't live up to the reality of lying in bed trying to fall asleep only to be woken up by the sound of my wife using the en suite. How easy is it to soundproof a room? 

4 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

After moving house recently for the first time ever we have an en suite bathroom. I've always wanted one of these for some reason but the dream doesn't live up to the reality 

Absolutely. Its just double the bathrooms to clean!

30 minutes ago, veloman said:

A friendly 'sieg heil' would be more appropriate at our Doctors practice.

The Gatekeepers of Hell are apparently friendlier. The champions of Ulitmate Computer Says No

The whole of General Practice appears to be set up these days to prevent patients from actually accessing a doctor and for once this isn't the government, it's the Doctors that set it up this way. That's why they all seem to employ a certain breed of receptionist. It's like there's a secret factory manufacturing Medical Receptionists

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

The Gatekeepers of Hell are apparently friendlier. The champions of Ulitmate Computer Says No

The whole of General Practice appears to be set up these days to prevent patients from actually accessing a doctor and for once this isn't the government, it's the Doctors that set it up this way. That's why they all seem to employ a certain breed of receptionist. It's like there's a secret factory manufacturing Medical Receptionists

Definitely this. And don't even try phoning them. Ours have put a virtual ban on phone calls, insisting that you use the online booking system. Which is like the computer game from hell. Choose the wrong option from the ambiguous instructions after negotiating seventeen screens of gobbledygook, and it's GAME OVER, START AGAIN. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

My brother's wife is a practice manager having worked her way up from the reception desk.

She's obviously the exception that proves the rule as she's fantastic.

Just in case my brother is reading this and there's a chance she might find out as I'm kinda terrified of her despite me being a good foot taller. 

4 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

After moving house recently for the first time ever we have an en suite bathroom. I've always wanted one of these for some reason but the dream doesn't live up to the reality of lying in bed trying to fall asleep only to be woken up by the sound of my wife using the en suite. How easy is it to soundproof a room? 

Some people would pay good money to listen to that...........so I've heard. 

• Haha 1

BBC just panned the camera out and Ferdinand is wearing shoes with no socks 

why the duck are we letting these people near our TV screens 

won’t someone think of the children 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I bet he wipes whilst standing up too 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

The thick prick probably couldn't figure out which end to put his foot in.

On 02/07/2021 at 20:07, Xela said:

I worked briefly at a cinema on the refreshment counter. It was just a few nights a week as I was working full time during the day. The rudeness of some people, that just assume you are scum, was disheartening. They wouldn't speak to me like that in my day job. 

Once a woman asked for a bag of salty popcorn... I double checked with her as the sweet one made up about 90% of our sales, but she was adamant. Served it to her and she took a mouthful (KW) and stated loudly - "I asked for sweet". I started to tell her that she had requested salty not sweet but she claimed I was lying and started making a scene. I was ready to vault over the counter and roundhouse her and her partner, but thought better of it! I was told to move to the pic n mix instead!

I used to work in a cinema doing the same job. Just like your experience, encountered a lot of people being very rude. But my worst experience was a woman and her son arriving. They were clearly going to Pirates of the Carribbean part 20 or whatever it was, and it had already started, but she insisted on getting little Johnny a bag of pick and mix. I have never seen anyone buy so much pick and mix; it came to about £30 or something. As I put it through the till, I expected her to be like 'oh no, that's absurd, I'll put half of it back' or whatever, but no, she bought it, and off they went into the screening.

About twenty minutes later, she emerges red-faced from the screen. Little Johnny got scared at one of the monsters and had chundered his pick and mix literally everywhere, the **** must have been spewing like in Team America. I had to don this hazmat-type suit and pick up all this **** pick and mix in the dark while people were getting pissed off at me being in there ruining the vibe. Just sheer stiupidity.

• Like 1

Â