Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

32 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Can you all stop changing your bloody avatars. 

Agreed. At least with you, when I see an avatar of the Fonz, I know what to expect. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

The attitude of locals in certain pubs. Look, I get its your haunt and you probably put a few more quid in the till, but my money is still green you know. Maybe if you want the pub to stay open with everything going on, stop making every irregular feel uncomfortable

Me and a mate when to a real “locals” pub a few years back. Never had so many eyes on me in a pub before. It was only small and they had some play your cards right game thing they were doing. They went round the place asking for money to enter off everyone apart from us two :lol: 

They probably couldn’t cope if an outsider won.

• Haha 1

Thinking of going electric, been looking at a Model 3 Tesla but no one offers extended road tests, so I googled, as you do, an a well know hire company now rents them, not cheap, but thought we can go down the coast this weekend and test it out. So called I them, they haven't got a model 3 only a Tesla S, which is great no problem all booked. I thought I would call the local branch where it is booked to confirm the booking. "We can't guarantee a Tesla for you, but we will put you in a premium car". I have a premium  car why would I want anything else?  Also there knowledge of the car was next to zero, asking how do I charge it, "there are plenty of charging stations around". Errrr, thanks for that, I'll be back on the phone to head office!!

23 hours ago, SuperTed said:

The attitude of locals in certain pubs. Look, I get its your haunt and you probably put a few more quid in the till, but my money is still green you know. Maybe if you want the pub to stay open with everything going on, stop making every irregular feel uncomfortable

If you're trying to pass off old pound notes onto them I'm not surprised they don't like you. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

Used to a be a manager at our local pub in Sutton, (pubs closed down now) who was a complete arse, previous manager was great. We were a group of about 20, 10 in there every night of the week must have kept the place open. New manager comes in, invites his pals every weekend, gets table service and as good as ignored us locals, chucking us out on the dot to have lock inns with his pals. Banned my mate for singing in the week, when his pals were singing at the top of there voices of a weekend. Apparently it was aloud weekends. I remember him, only young guy, but absolute knobber, I'm sure one or two of you guys if local would have come across him, had a few pubs around Sutton.

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Shocked 1

I went in to a pub in Coventry once, flat roof (I know), we went in and without exaggerating, every single person, about 15-20 of them all just turned and looked at us, and the room went silent. I felt like I'd just walked into someone's living room.

We stood at the bar for an awkward couple of minutes and then left :blush:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I went in to a pub in Coventry once, flat roof (I know), we went in and without exaggerating, every single person, about 15-20 of them all just turned and looked at us, and the room went silent. I felt like I'd just walked into someone's living room.

We stood at the bar for an awkward couple of minutes and then left :blush:

Were you wearing a Villa shirt?

New years eve had a few fun ones.

Can't be arsed to go up town. Ain't paying through the nose so sure go to the local social club. Pal is a member!

Not my sort of thing usually but hey it's new years and we're slumming it.

Walk in.

300 pairs of eyes staring at you. Brexit Bill and Anti Vax Angies the lot of them. 

Death to the outsider.

• Haha 1

Â