Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I think it's all about the gardens at the moment. Coincidently, the Mrs called me today while I was at work and said the neighbour is having there garden done and she wanted me to ask the guys how much decking would be in to do in our garden. I said yes, I will do when I get home, until she told me what she wants done. Mrs wants the bottom of the garden decking under the trees, where you would never go?  She ending up putting the phone down on me.😂

Any body else on here can't let go of the past. Don't get me wrong, I'm all grown up now with a family, all good. But you just can't beat the nostalgia of the 90's, the boys holiday's, to Magaluf, Aiya Napa, the garage scene, Birmingham night clubs on the pull, Ritzy, Dome, central park, Stoodi Bakers, the music, Trip to Trumpton, On A ragga Tip, Warehouse Raves, my god those were the days, just a fantastic time to be growing up.

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Any body else on here can't let go of the past. Don't get me wrong, I'm all grown up now with a family, all good. But you just can't beat the nostalgia of the 90's, the boys holiday's, to Magaluf, Aiya Napa, the garage scene, Birmingham night clubs on the pull, Ritzy, Dome, central park, Stoodi Bakers, the music, Trip to Trumpton, On A ragga Tip, Warehouse Raves, my god those were the days, just a fantastic time to be growing up.

Uh oh

Modernfamilyabc Midlife Crisis GIF by ABC Network

32 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I don't think there is anything wrong with looking back. I sometimes look back to lads holiday photos and smile at the escapades we got up to. The best of times were had. Same with the nights out/clubbing every weekend in Brum. Happy Days. 90s / 00s were just great times. The World seemed more innocent then... wasn't completely **** and nasty as it is now... or that is my perception at least. Maybe it was the rose tinted bubble I was in! :D 

Even working was a laugh... was chatting about it to a work colleague the other day. The stuff we used to get up to in the office, we'd be disciplined now! nothing bad, just childish stuff and pranks. When did the world get so serious? All the fun has been sucked out of the workplace. I'm just glad i'm closer to the end of my working life then the beginning - want to be gone by 55 at the latest (13 years)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I don't think there is anything wrong with looking back. I sometimes look back to lads holiday photos and smile at the escapades we got up to. The best of times were had. Same with the nights out/clubbing every weekend in Brum. Happy Days. 90s / 00s were just great times. The World seemed more innocent then... wasn't completely **** and nasty as it is now... or that is my perception at least. Maybe it was the rose tinted bubble I was in! :D 

Even working was a laugh... was chatting about it to a work colleague the other day. The stuff we used to get up to in the office, we'd be disciplined now! nothing bad, just childish stuff and pranks. When did the world get so serious? All the fun has been sucked out of the workplace. I'm just glad i'm closer to the end of my working life then the beginning - want to be gone by 55 at the latest (13 years)

Before mobile phones we actually used to have the phone number of the nearest wine bar on our phone list so we could contact the directors if need be. 

I mean they owned the company but it wouldn't be like that today. 

17 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

Renault 5 Turbo you say, calling @Xelato the thread.

I'm more of a fan of 80's German sports saloons like the E30 M3 and E28 M5 than hot French hatches but I can admire a R5 GT Turbo. Weigh no more than a cardboard box and goes like the proverbial off a shovel. 

Ooohhh, Oohhhh.  What pisses me off LOADS is when people start talking about sporty cars.  Really couldn't give one half of a shit. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Work email - i'm sure 75% is just rubbish. If someone had to write a letter to me or ring me up like they used to, I'm sure they wouldn't bother and they'd just get on with life. With email, they can, in seconds, cause me work that is probably not required or would be appreciated. 

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm 2 years older than you mate, so I guess you know the score. Anyway, I know what you mean by the work pranks. I mean, imagine cable tying the Apprentice in a parts cage and jet washing him, you'd be in court the next week being sued by his parents😂

1990’s Friday afternoons in Docklands pre Canary Wharf, over to the pub at lunchtime and then cans of vodka and coke in the office for the rest of the day.

Drinking at lunchtime probably frowned on now, and in those days it was the managers who started the coke can regime 

59 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

1990’s Friday afternoons in Docklands pre Canary Wharf, over to the pub at lunchtime and then cans of vodka and coke in the office for the rest of the day.

Drinking at lunchtime probably frowned on now, and in those days it was the managers who started the coke can regime 

In the early 90s the staff restaurant at BT HQ had beer and wine available with lunch.

I didn't see that again until three years ago when the executive restaurant at La Poste HQ had a sommelier on staff.

6 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Over large glasses of wine and cackling, Had this ‘pleasure’ on Sunday, If I had a gun I would’ve topped myself

I read that as crackling at first glance, which I thought was a strange choice of snack to offer guests but one that I’m all for.

Good times are over. All the gammons who haven't needed to be in the office for a year to work suddenly need to be in the office to work it seems.

M6 ****. 

Getting onto the M5 ****.

Every erdington junction around Bromford ****.

No sign of any crash anywhere! What are all you words removed doing.

• Like 2

Â