Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

15 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Good times are over. All the gammons who haven't needed to be in the office for a year to work suddenly need to be in the office to work it seems.

M6 ****. 

Getting onto the M5 ****.

Every erdington junction around Bromford ****.

No sign of any crash anywhere! What are all you words removed doing.

Yeah I had to tackle the M6 yesterday. I made the mistake of combining my one day a week in the office with a visit to my mom's in the apparently incorrect assumption that the motorway would still be quieter than usual.

It was not

10 hours ago, El Zen said:

You’re quite the co-median. 

I was trying to work out how to get that in. Trust a Norwegian to beat me at English punning. 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

The adaptive screen brightness on my Samsung S20.

I know I can probably turn it off, but how they thought this was a good idea is beyond me.

I lock all our company Samsungs down to being on the brightest setting which the drivers can't alter, when adaptive was allowed the brightness used to go up and down faster than a strippers G string

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Good times are over. All the gammons who haven't needed to be in the office for a year to work suddenly need to be in the office to work it seems.

M6 ****. 

Getting onto the M5 ****.

Every erdington junction around Bromford ****.

No sign of any crash anywhere! What are all you words removed doing.

Don't start me off. 60mph on motorway for air quality. Does a great job at bunching up the traffic.

3 hours ago, bickster said:

I lock all our company Samsungs down to being on the brightest setting which the drivers can't alter, when adaptive was allowed the brightness used to go up and down faster than a strippers G string

Haven't seen adaptive brightness before. What's the reasoning behind locking them all at that setting, does the adaptive setting not work well and makes it hard to see?

Surely a slightly less bright screen is okay, better energy efficiency etc. 

My phone has been in dark mode since I got it. 

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Don't start me off. 60mph on motorway for air quality. Does a great job at bunching up the traffic.

How’s that work then?

How do people all get closer together doing the same speed of 60 that they wouldn’t if all doing the same speed of 70?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Haven't seen adaptive brightness before. What's the reasoning behind locking them all at that setting, does the adaptive setting not work well and makes it hard to see?

Surely a slightly less bright screen is okay, better energy efficiency etc. 

My phone has been in dark mode since I got it. 

its shite for want of a better term, it manages to be both over-reactive and under-reactive. If you imagine these phones are usually in a cradle somewhere in the dashboard area, it is receiving light from both inside and outside the vehicle. Often the light would go dark because a car passed a bright street light but then stays dark for a while, its not really that good at adapting to the current light conditions. The solution was to keep all the phones on maximum brightness but allow drivers to change to dark mode at night if they needed to

• Like 1

19 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I mean, imagine cable tying the Apprentice in a parts cage and jet washing him, you'd be in court the next week being sued by his parents😂

Imagine sneaking into the works bathroom and then throwing a dustin over the cubicle so it lands on someone taking a dump

Then imagine if that person then extracted his revenge by sneaking into the bathroom when the other person was having a shit and kicking the door off the hinges so it lands on his head :ph34r:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

How’s that work then?

How do people all get closer together doing the same speed of 60 that they wouldn’t if all doing the same speed of 70?

Do you drive? Do you believe everyone does 70mph?  When your on a motorway with national speed limit in operation, people vary there speed, some do 50-60-70-80-90+mph how awful. When there is a fixed speed on the gantry 90% of people stick to that limit and the ones who generally go over that that do too, causing traffic to be worst and bunch up. They are thinking of getting rid of smart motorways already, as the differing speed limits is making them less safe.

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Do you drive? Do you believe everyone does 70mph?  When your on a motorway with national speed limit in operation, people vary there speed, some do 50-60-70-80-90+mph how awful. When there is a fixed speed on the gantry 90% of people stick to that limit and the ones who generally go over that that do too, causing traffic to be worst and bunch up. They are thinking of getting rid of smart motorways already, as the differing speed limits is making them less safe.

I drive the occasional mile, yes,.

In my experience, I get through the areas with reduced speed and average speed cameras far easier than the bits where people are doing 80 or 90 and then stabbing their brakes because they think they’re better drivers than they really are.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It isnt the varying speed limits that are making them unsafe, its the lack of hard shoulder that makes them unsafe. Motorway deaths are up, people are dying because of the lack of hard shoulder

• Like 4

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I think its the lack of hard shoulder that's making them dangerous,  not the differing speed limits.  The variable speed limit is known to ease congestion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

It isnt the varying speed limits that are making them unsafe, its the lack of hard shoulder that makes them unsafe. Motorway deaths are up, people are dying because of the lack of hard shoulder

Just now, sidcow said:

I think its the lack of hard shoulder that's making them dangerous,  not the differing speed limits.  The variable speed limit is known to ease congestion. 

Seeing Double Laugh GIF by The Wiggles

The talk of hard shoulders reminded me of a thing that happened to me last week on the autobahn, they don't have hard shoulders, they part like the red sea and the emergency services drive down the middle! 

When stuck in traffic everyone has to pull over to create a lane called a rettungsgasse, you get fined if you don't do it 

**** knows what you do if you break down though 

Â