Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I've said it on here before, but electric scooters makes me a lot more angry than it should. Maybe even irrationally angry. I'm literally being close to get run over every single day walking home from work. Every day. And then they have the audacity to ring their bell to make me move when I'm walking on a bloody pavement area. Please eat a dick.

They are everywhere in Oslo. I don't know the numbers, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's around 50 000 of them just in the inner core.

People throw them around and litter pavements, rivers, parks.

They are flooding the pavements and market places, so people who are handicapped, walking with a stroller, old and what not, can't get past it.

People are driving like **** idiots on areas ment for walking. For some reason people don't understand they should drive an electric vehicle on roads. And kids keep riding them, so I'm sure you see the problem here.

There's so many injuries these days the city politicians actually had to enforce regulations, which they didn't want to do as they are all green treehuggers.

Apparently you now can get fined if you ride 2 on one scooter, but the problem is that the police doesn't enforce it, so nobody gives a ****.

Another new rule is that you can't rent a scooter at night and they will limit all scooter rent in the inner city to 8000 units.

The only good new rule is that they are now sending the bill for collecting the scooters to the companies themselves, like a £ 150 per scooter I think.

Oh and at least they are starting to enforce areas of the city where the scooters can't ride above 6 km/h. Which is good, cause then what's the point. Can walk faster.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

12 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I drive the occasional mile, yes,.

In my experience, I get through the areas with reduced speed and average speed cameras far easier than the bits where people are doing 80 or 90 and then stabbing their brakes because they think they’re better drivers than they really are.

Problem with the average cameras is you then have 3 lanes where everyone is doing the same speed and then cars bunch up, and it becomes difficult to actually change lane and get over  .. not to mention there will always be a lorry driver doing 50 in the middle lane driving 1 cm off the bumper of the car in front trying to get them to increase to 54

• Like 1

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The talk of hard shoulders reminded me of a thing that happened to me last week on the autobahn, they don't have hard shoulders, they part like the red sea and the emergency services drive down the middle! 

When stuck in traffic everyone has to pull over to create a lane called a rettungsgasse, you get fined if you don't do it 

**** knows what you do if you break down though 

German cars don't break down... I was told.

Edited by MCU
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I've said it on here before, but electric scooters makes me a lot more angry than it should.

I have got one,  it's brilliant adn I only ride it on the road.

It's probably different in Holland as the normal bikes clog up the pavements / roads and anywhere else.  The normal bikes are the problem here.

I have not used my car for small journeys for 6 months also but I also live by the seaside so there are big spaces and bike lanes everywhere.

If there are no bike lanes there then that is the problem IMO,  not the e-bikes.

16 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Problem with the average cameras is you then have 3 lanes where everyone is doing the same speed and then cars bunch up, and it becomes difficult to actually change lane and get over  .. not to mention there will always be a lorry driver doing 50 in the middle lane driving 1 cm off the bumper of the car in front trying to get them to increase to 54

There are two points here:

For pedantry, I’m sticking with maths as I was taught it, they cannot possibly bunch up if they are doing the same speed.

For real life experience, traffic flows better when you haven’t got the usual problem of those german cars that can’t drive at a constant speed. You know the ones, they are accelerating or braking, they appear to have some sort of design fault somewhere in them.

22 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

This has more to do with the Speedometers of HGVs being more accurate than those of a car. HGVs have tachos so are accurate, Cars can legally be -10% (average about 5%) so your speedo says you are doing 50 but are probably doing 46-47. The HGVs being time limited, they tend to want to drive at the max speed they legally can, yes I know in reality this is seconds but that's human nature.

Average SPeed check zones usually mean inside lane for me, I couldn't give a shite if I'm driving at 45 in a 50, I prefer to live to tell the tale

There is a 6 lane motorway from Utrcecht to Amsterdam.

They spent billions on it.

Uses AVG speed cameras for 60 MPH.

Absolutley useless.  All the cars are in lanes 1 and 2.  It's so pathetic and its just for the money. 

Cant be saftey as there are 6 lanes FFS.

60 mph feels like crawling when there are 3 or 4 lanes unused.

They turn it off at night as well which seems odd.

13 hours ago, bickster said:

It isnt the varying speed limits that are making them unsafe, its the lack of hard shoulder that makes them unsafe. Motorway deaths are up, people are dying because of the lack of hard shoulder

If everyone who drove stuck to the 2 second rule for the gap there probalby wouldnt be any need for speed changes or things like that,  the chances of a crash are reduced considerably IMO.

It's such an easy rule that works at 40 mph and 140 mph but no one does it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

If everyone who drove stuck to the 2 second rule for the gap there probalby wouldnt be any need for speed changes or things like that,  the chances of a crash are reduced considerably IMO.

If everyone left that much gap, would there even be enough room on the motorways for all the cars trying to join?  

Would they queue on the slip road for a gap, or they join in a smaller gap and then all the cars behind have to slow down to create the gap again? For every car joining at busy times?

31 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

There are two points here:

For pedantry, I’m sticking with maths as I was taught it, they cannot possibly bunch up if they are doing the same speed.

For real life experience, traffic flows better when you haven’t got the usual problem of those german cars that can’t drive at a constant speed. You know the ones, they are accelerating or braking, they appear to have some sort of design fault somewhere in them.

Surely the problem is the non-German car drivers hogging the middle and outside lane causing them to have to brake ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I have got one,  it's brilliant adn I only ride it on the road.

It's probably different in Holland as the normal bikes clog up the pavements / roads and anywhere else.  The normal bikes are the problem here.

I have not used my car for small journeys for 6 months also but I also live by the seaside so there are big spaces and bike lanes everywhere.

If there are no bike lanes there then that is the problem IMO,  not the e-bikes.

I don't mind riding one myself and I agree they can be very neat to get around on. But the problem is that there's too many of them, very little regulation and people by large are **** idiots. Then add a bunch of kids using them and you're in for a shit show.

I've never understood why people drive them on the pavements anyway. It's an electric vehicle, what makes people think it doesn't belong on the road? You wouldn't drive an electric motorcycle on the pavements would you? Pedestrian areas are pedestrian areas.

And why these are allowed to be driven by kids I'll never know.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Game theory, individuality and basic human nature pretty much make the above a non-starter.

1 hour ago, bickster said:

So there's an event happening in the sky right now (partial eclipse)... as is absolutely guaranteed, 100% cloud cover

We had clear sky … alas I couldn’t get any decent pics off the phone  but did manage to kinda capture the “bite”

F335400D-AA00-448A-9DBA-FE97051E5A3F.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I was always told it was a 3 second rule. Don't tell me the British have their own seconds as well?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I was always told it was a 3 second rule. Don't tell me the British have their own seconds as well?

Over here they teach 2 in the dry, 4 in the wet.

Then 80% of people ignore it after the test, and try to drive into the boot of the car in front

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Over here they teach 2 in the dry, 4 in the wet.

Then 80% of people ignore it after the test, and try to drive into the boot of the car in front

Well that makes sense at least, even if I haven't done the numbers on it.

Something funny we do I guess, is the "slippery road practise course". To get the lisence here you drive on an ice court and play around with the car and get to get the feel of ABS and non ABS on ice etc.

But for some reason this is not a requirement for taxi drivers in Oslo that just transfer their driving lisence from their home country. These drivers are almost exclusively from Pakistan and Africa. Makes sense right? You how no idea how much bat shit driving I've seen from these drivers on snow and ice. Fortunately they learn quickly, but **** me.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Haha 1

Imagine spending $109 plus tax to go into Universal Studios to spend 4-5 hours in a queue in the sun, surrounded by people for a 90 second ride

CB9-BBE30-BF8-F-4551-95-F0-F640-B969539-

5-B0-CD3-AC-5-D3-B-43-AF-AB1-E-C328-B95-

I love Orlando and rollercoasters as much as the next person but that’s ridiculous 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2
  • Shocked 1

Â