Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

On 10/06/2021 at 09:53, tonyh29 said:

Problem with the average cameras is you then have 3 lanes where everyone is doing the same speed and then cars bunch up, and it becomes difficult to actually change lane and get over  .. not to mention there will always be a lorry driver doing 50 in the middle lane driving 1 cm off the bumper of the car in front trying to get them to increase to 54

Lorry drivers piss me off. trying to overtake another lorry doing 55.9 mph when he is trying to overtake at 56mph. Is is really worth it?

The new Apple Advert (Yes its being inflicted on me by ITV player - first live adverts I've seen in a long time)

The music is Mind Your Own Buisness by Delta 5

I hate it instantly, they've re-recorded or remixed an absolute post-punk DIY classic

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, bickster said:

The new Apple Advert (Yes its being inflicted on me by ITV player - first live adverts I've seen in a long time)

The music is Mind Your Own Buisness by Delta 5

I hate it instantly, they've re-recorded or remixed an absolute post-punk DIY classic

I thought the same. My wife rolled her eyes at me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

My wife rolled her eyes at me. 

You should be entitled waitress beer service for a week for such unsympathetic behaviour

I'm made up for Delta 5 they'll be earning an absolute fortune from that

It happened to Colin Vearncombe (Black) at least twice with Wonderful Life

iirc on one of those two occasions he got paid

£20k - for the rights to use the song

£20k - for allowing someone else to re-record the song for the advert

£50 - for each time the advert ran but that is per ITV region (which was about 15 or 16 at the time), so a nationwide campaign 2 ads an hour £1600 per hour a few hours a day for a couple of months (and thats without even mentioning CH4)

And that happened to him at least twice. He used to sit there, watching the telly going Kerching!

Like they say, you only need to write one song

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

You should be entitled waitress beer service for a week for such unsympathetic behaviour

I'm made up for Delta 5 they'll be earning an absolute fortune from that

It happened to Colin Vearncombe (Black) at least twice with Wonderful Life

iirc on one of those two occasions he got paid

£20k - for the rights to use the song

£20k - for allowing someone else to re-record the song for the advert

£50 - for each time the advert ran but that is per ITV region (which was about 15 or 16 at the time), so a nationwide campaign 2 ads an hour £1600 per hour a few hours a day for a couple of months (and thats without even mentioning CH4)

And that happened to him at least twice. He used to sit there, watching the telly going Kerching!

Like they say, you only need to write one song

Noel Gallagher joked he got paid an absolute fortune for allowing Half the World away to be remixed on the John Lewis Christmas ad a few years back.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Noel Gallagher joked he got paid an absolute fortune for allowing Half the World away to be remixed on the John Lewis Christmas ad a few years back.

He will have done, my prices were from the '80s

1 minute ago, bickster said:

He will have done, my prices were from the '80s

Must be incredible to get the call “we want to give you a load of money for something you’ve probably forgotten about and you don’t need to do anything apart from say yes”.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Genie said:

Must be incredible to get the call “we want to give you a load of money for something you’ve probably forgotten about and you don’t need to do anything apart from say yes”.

He's got Stand By Me going for the Halifax ad's as well.

He's said in interviews before (albeit tongue in cheek) that he writes songs he thinks will become the backing music to Sky Sports items - things like Everybody's On The Run's instrumental was used loads of times before games etc.

• Like 1

Saw a video of a "doctor/nurse" from Ohio who claimed the vaccine made people magnetized. She then proceeded to sticking stuff to her sticky skin on angles to make her point.

That these people steal oxygen I could have used pisses me off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

BBC 6Music this morning, presenter talking about podcasts that were available "so if you want to listen to any of our Pods, head over to the BBC Sounds App"

Firstly, why you'd want to shorten Podcasts, I don't know but if you are going to split it down further it has to be casts not pods surely? Listening to "a pod" makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, you are listening to the cast (as in broadcast) surely?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

BBC 6Music this morning, presenter talking about podcasts that were available "so if you want to listen to any of our Pods, head over to the BBC Sounds App"

Firstly, why you'd want to shorten Podcasts, I don't know but if you are going to split it down further it has to be casts not pods surely? Listening to "a pod" makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, you are listening to the cast (as in broadcast) surely?

You, sir, are in the right thread.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I love listening to p-castys

• Haha 2

Â