Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

8 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I think that "Friday thennnnn, it's Saturday, Sunday..." song has now displaced Pharrell's 'Happy' as my least favourite song of all time.

I'm actually quite pleased I have never even heard of it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Genie said:

Me and a mate when to a real “locals” pub a few years back. Never had so many eyes on me in a pub before. It was only small and they had some play your cards right game thing they were doing. They went round the place asking for money to enter off everyone apart from us two :lol: 

Me and a pal went into a Belfast boozer some years ago. We found out later that it wasn't the sort of place 'outsiders' should frequent. 

Two locals actually followed my mate into the toilet to ask whether he was a catholic or protestant! Once they heard his broad black country accent, they gave him a pass! 

4 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Thinking of going electric, been looking at a Model 3 Tesla but no one offers extended road tests, so I googled, as you do, an a well know hire company now rents them, not cheap, but thought we can go down the coast this weekend and test it out. So called I them, they haven't got a model 3 only a Tesla S, which is great no problem all booked. I thought I would call the local branch where it is booked to confirm the booking. "We can't guarantee a Tesla for you, but we will put you in a premium car". I have a premium  car why would I want anything else?  Also there knowledge of the car was next to zero, asking how do I charge it, "there are plenty of charging stations around". Errrr, thanks for that, I'll be back on the phone to head office!!

Plug it in I imagine.

You are welcome ;) 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I went in to a pub in Coventry once, flat roof (I know), we went in and without exaggerating, every single person, about 15-20 of them all just turned and looked at us, and the room went silent. I felt like I'd just walked into someone's living room.

We stood at the bar for an awkward couple of minutes and then left :blush:

I’m probably missing something obvious as I am a daft lad, but I really don’t understand the mentality of these morons.

If you want to keep it to a small group of regulars, without unknowns walking in, just go round each other’s houses with a few tins and save yourself some money. 

3 hours ago, Genie said:

That reminded me of a time me and the Mrs went into a pub, sat down at the bar and ordered a drink. Thought it was good they had a DJ on, then commented how smart people looked, oh and a buffet, that’s unusual.

Yep, it was a private party :lol: 

The missus and I had a few days in Prague (I was doing the Prague half marathon, cracking race) and on the last night we went into a pub and had the identical experience - buffet, DJ, etc. - and realised it was a private birthday party. But they were great, just told us to help ourselves to food (which was delicious). Much like BOF's welcome in Canada, really. 

• Like 2

I think I said this a few months ago, walked into the only bar in a town near Four Corners (on the Utah side) and we got the classsic... pool ball clicks, the room falls silent and EVERYONE was looking at me and my mate Dave

By the end of the night we knew everyone's name and had beaten most of them at pool. They loved us

The worst I have had was in The Inn on The Green in Acocks Green.  Early 90's when it was called Beagles Flies Again or something. I was about 21 and went in with a mate and our girlfriends. It was like The Slaughtered Lamb. The place went silent and everyone stared at us.  We didn't even bother ordering. 

Another good one was in a pub in Lynton and Lynmouth, can't remember which one, the one at the top of the hill, Lynton I presume. 

We were staying down there with a big group of friends in large country cottage in January as we used to do every year. Villa were playing Leeds in the Cup, I was the only Villa fan so I just went there on my own to watch the game.  Being so far out of season it was mostly empty apart from a few locals.  I got the funny looks when I went in and sat down. 

Then Carbone scored that ridiculous goal.  I stood up and went totally nuts giving it the big celebration.  Realised you could hear a pin drop as I sat back down again.  Then I heard a voice behind me at the bar say "fair enough, it was a great goal" 😁😁

Edited by sidcow

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The worst I have had was in The Inn on The Green in Acocks Green.  Early 90's when it was called Beagles Flies Again or something. I was about 21 and went in with a mate and our girlfriends. It was like The Slaughtered Lamb. The place went silent and everyone stared at us.  We didn't even bother ordering. 

I don't know what it was like in the 90's, but having lived in Acocks green until I was 25 I can confirm that that pub is an absolute total shit hole

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SuperTed said:

The attitude of locals in certain pubs. Look, I get its your haunt and you probably put a few more quid in the till, but my money is still green you know. Maybe if you want the pub to stay open with everything going on, stop making every irregular feel uncomfortable

Set it alight.

Burnnnnnnn it 😁

(in joke, ask your dad)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

I'm actually quite pleased I have never even heard of it. 

Not me. Obviously some kind of top 40 excrement that I avoid like the plague.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I’m probably missing something obvious as I am a daft lad, but I really don’t understand the mentality of these morons.

I guess it's the mentality of men with small brains who know the one thing they can do well is be an aggro prick everyone has to tread on eggshells around. 

• Like 1

On 14/06/2021 at 01:26, KenjiOgiwara said:

Saw a video of a "doctor/nurse" from Ohio who claimed the vaccine made people magnetized. She then proceeded to sticking stuff to her sticky skin on angles to make her point.

That these people steal oxygen I could have used pisses me off.

Ahh.   So it's an oxygen deficiency, then.

:trollface:

A friend and I were bored one evening in Rochester, NY in the early 80's and decided to pop into a quiet-looking bar.  Everyone turned and looked at us, and it just seemed a little strange and not particularly inviting, so we decided to leave.   On the way out I saw a stack of free newspapers and it struck me 5 minutes later what was going on.   The newspaper was called "The Empty Closet".

30 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Grammar.

Nobody was...or... nobody were? I'm thinking it should be were, but my 'language ear' wants to say was.

It's "was"

Â