Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Sounds awful mate.

Which leads me on nicely to people who describe headaches as migraines. I have a mate who does it. We'll be messaging and they'll say "got a migraine today, just lying on the sofa watching netflix". Thats not a migraine! 

Similar to people with a sniffle claiming to have the flu, infuriating.

44 minutes ago, bickster said:

So some well liked police procedural drama came to an end of its current series last night and the word on the street is it was a shit ending, a shit ending that was watched by a record 12+million viewers

THIS. IS. NOT. NEWS.

There is no reason for at least half an hour of rolling news to be taken up by this bollocks and vox pops with TV addicts via zoom. It was on BBC News when I started the washing up and it was still on when I finished.

Has nothing important happened in the world?

I understand Manchester United supporters are unhappy with their owners. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Xela said:

Sounds awful mate.

Which leads me on nicely to people who describe headaches as migraines. I have a mate who does it. We'll be messaging and they'll say "got a migraine today, just lying on the sofa watching netflix". Thats not a migraine! 

Yes this x 1,000.

I'm unlucky enough to suffer from migraines about 3/4 times a year and silent migraines every few weeks. The silent ones I can handle as they usually **** off after about 30 minutes and just leave me feeling slightly nauseous. The full ones though...they absolutely wreck me for at least a day. There is nothing you can do apart from lie in a darkened room and wait it out. **** horrible things.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dr_Alimantado said:

Similar to people with a sniffle claiming to have the flu, infuriating.

This is why we need better terminology  - a sort of 'Scoville scale' for viruses, with minor head colds at one end and covid and flu at the other. Because it's not just one or the other, there's a complete range in between (what women like to call 'man flu'). I often get a winter lurgy that is clearly nowhere near influenza, but is a hell of a lot worse than 'a sniffle'. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Danwichmann said:

Likewise. I remember eating and drinking as little as possible to minimise the numbers of times I'd have to go to the toilet.

The incident itself I don't remember as being very painful, but that may have been to do with how drunk I was.

Oh I remember it as being painful as I was to totally sober, it was middle of the day and I’d take a girl back home from college, it was her first time, to be honest it might well have been her last time too as I pulled out almost as quickly as I dived in with blood pissing everywhere.

We both learned a valuable lesson that day I think, foreplay is key ;).

• Haha 1

My dad had massive migraines when I grew up. Scared me as a child. He got it like clock work every weekend (or was it every other weekend). I just remember him lying on the bed in fetal position vomiting like mad, and my mother just tell us to not open the door. I fortunately didn't inherit the migraines, but I got tension headaches instead, but while annoying it's miles better. 

But something weird happened when he got about 50. He had a really bad migraine on the airport. They thought he had a stroke or something, so they sent him to the hospital. In the ER he met a foreign doctor. Polish I think, though could be Iranian or something else. He suggested my dad tried to take heart medication. The argument was that the heart medication would do something about the blood pressure from the heart to the brain, thus eliminating the migraines. My dad was ofc. sceptical, having seen tens of doctors about this (Norwegian doctors mind), and only offered codein stuff as a pain killer.

Well fast forward, he started on this heart medicine and he has never had a migraine again. He basically had most weekends ruined the first 50 years or his life, and nobody considered offering this medication, yet this foreign doctor offered it straight away and made his life a new one. The really weird thing is that he can see on his forehead when the attacks are happening, but he doesn't feel them anymore. 

They say a good lawyer is worth his weight in gold, but give me a good doctor any day. Bloody Norwegian doctors are **** useless compared to the foreigners. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

So some well liked police procedural drama came to an end of its current series last night and the word on the street is it was a shit ending, a shit ending that was watched by a record 12+million viewers

THIS. IS. NOT. NEWS.

There is no reason for at least half an hour of rolling news to be taken up by this bollocks and vox pops with TV addicts via zoom. It was on BBC News when I started the washing up and it was still on when I finished.

Has nothing important happened in the world?

It being news isn't an annoying as some sites giving the **** ending away in the headlines. Representatives for Wellingborough.

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He basically had most weekends ruined the first 50 years or his life

Why did he only get them at weekends, though? 

Just now, mjmooney said:

No idea. But I remember him always having them weekends. It could ofc. be he had them other times as well, but I can't remember. But I honestly think they were happening at weekends. 

Not sure how it's triggered, but my tension headaches also happens mostly when I take time off work. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Sounds awful mate.

Yep 100%

I've never had a migraine but I've seen people with migraines and it looks like absolute hell so I know when I have a headache, it aint a migraine!

23 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I had something similar, I think it was linked to sleeping too long.  My migraines were often either on my day off or when I did the late shift at work and I'd often sleep for 9 or 10 hours.  I'm not entirely sure why it happened, I grind my teeth when asleep sometimes and that can cause them, so I guess sleeping longer can mean more chance of it happening.  Luckily I've found a medication called Sumatriptan that snuffs them out almost immediately.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Oh I remember it as being painful as I was to totally sober, it was middle of the day and I’d take a girl back home from college, it was her first time, to be honest it might well have been her last time too as I pulled out almost as quickly as I dived in with blood pissing everywhere.

We both learned a valuable lesson that day I think, foreplay is key ;).

Ha ha, yeah I remember spraying blood up all the walls, my bedroom looked like a murder scene. Even while it was happening I was finding it funny, and as it happened in a shared student house with all my mates there I knew it was going enter into legend.

• Like 1

I was diagnosed with explosive HSA.

Essentially, at the moment of orgasm during sex (never due to a tug), it’s like someone has hit you across the back of the head with a piece of four by two. Absolute instant all consuming pain, quite literally like being hit across the back of the head. Like a painful blackout.

My doctor was over joyed when I rocked up with that complaint! One of her colleagues was in the middle of writing a paper on it, so I ended up with loads of attention for a few months. They started off giving me migraine medicine to take before sex, then I had to report back how strong an orgasm versus how bad a migraine / headache. Over a couple of months we sussed what caused what and how to fix it.

Basically, no more quicky bang bangs, more time, more nearly getting there and backing off.

Doctor got her guinea pig for her paper, my brain stopped exploding, in fact, I don’t think anyone was disappointed with the end result!

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I had something similar, I think it was linked to sleeping too long.  My migraines were often either on my day off or when I did the late shift at work and I'd often sleep for 9 or 10 hours.  I'm not entirely sure why it happened, I grind my teeth when asleep sometimes and that can cause them, so I guess sleeping longer can mean more chance of it happening.  Luckily I've found a medication called Sumatriptan that snuffs them out almost immediately.

Not as bad but I always used to wake up on a Saturday morning with a headache. Nothing major and nothing a couple of paracetamol and a cuppa couldn't cure but I always put it down to oversleeping. Up at 6am every weekday and then possibly in bed until 11am or later on a Saturday. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Potentially an accumulation of stress throughout the working week and then relaxing at the weekend causing adrenaline levels to drop so that he actually felt it properly. I get migraines and do seem to get more when not working for some reason. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I was diagnosed with explosive HSA.

Essentially, at the moment of orgasm during sex (never due to a tug), it’s like someone has hit you across the back of the head with a piece of four by two. Absolute instant all consuming pain, quite literally like being hit across the back of the head. Like a painful blackout.

My doctor was over joyed when I rocked up with that complaint! One of her colleagues was in the middle of writing a paper on it, so I ended up with loads of attention for a few months. They started off giving me migraine medicine to take before sex, then I had to report back how strong an orgasm versus how bad a migraine / headache. Over a couple of months we sussed what caused what and how to fix it.

Basically, no more quicky bang bangs, more time, more nearly getting there and backing off.

Doctor got her guinea pig for her paper, my brain stopped exploding, in fact, I don’t think anyone was disappointed with the end result!

That’s nuts.

18 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Non stop cluster migraine attacks that last for 3 hours. Comatose in the fetal position on the bed, curtains drawn, ice pack on my head until it subsides. Makes you want to split your own head open with an axe or ice pick just to make it stop. Only time I ever cry. Absolute **** hell. Give me a broken leg/arm whatever anyday. 

I got prescribed prochlorperazine maleate for my migraines and whilst it doesn't kill it completely makes a big difference. Your face going completely numb is a bit of a weird side effect mind. 

I used to have something called Proctaglia Fugax. It's actually just dormant now because once in a while I get mild symptoms. But for about 15 years, once every 6 weeks or so, it would strike in the middle of the night, usually waking me up and then I'd be writhing on the floor for over an hour. It is an indescribable pain. I almost vomited once because the pain was so horrible.

To make matters worse, there is no cure or reliable remedy, nor is there an explanation of why it even happens.

So glad the worst of it seems to have passed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proctalgia_fugax

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

I used to get migraines with the full vomiting , shivering , blurred vision and almost a wish to be dead to make them go away ( Tbf that might have been the co-proxamal that they used to give me for them , which was delicensed in 2007 due to high  suicide rates for people taking it !! ) . so I’m firmly in the club of “hating” people posting on Facebook that they have a migraine ... no you don’t , you wouldn’t be on Facebook if you did you’d be with your face down the toilet not looking at a screen 

since my knees went and I’ve stopped doing the really competitive sport I’ve rarely had a full blown one , nowadays I just get the blurred vision  and so I go lock myself away in a dark room ....suggests to me mine were triggered by a combo of adrenaline and dehydration 

Â