Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Booze aisle is same as the foreign foods, take a good leisurely stroll to see what's new, if I've never seen it or tried it before in the trolley it goes 

I love new stuff and you'll only find it in store taking your time 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I’m not rich enough to use Waitrose / Ocado.

Ocado price match Tesco. They are nothing to do with Waitrose.

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

This. No way do I trust some spotty youth in Morrisons to do my shopping for me. I don't always know what I want until I see it. This is especially important with fresh produce - fruit and veg, etc. I want to see the sell-by dates. I want to see the special offers. I WANT to be able to impulse buy. I want to be able to buy a bottle of Scotch without the missus tutting. I want to get out of the house. Have a bit of a drive, listen to an album. Shopping has been one of my outlets in the lockdown. 

This, this and this!

Plus I’ll add that it’s more fun to decide what you’re eating on the day then go and buy the few ingredients you’re missing to cook it. Spontaneity man, down with meal planning!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

This, this and this!

Plus I’ll add that it’s more fun to decide what you’re eating on the day then go and buy the few ingredients you’re missing to cook it. Spontaneity man, down with meal planning!

I think you can do both. My missus does virtually all the cooking, and I appreciate it that she plans the week's meals and gives me an appropriate list, so I don't have to think about it (I hate cooking and meal planning). So anything I fancy buying is a bonus extra. 

I've never really understood why anyone would choose to go to the supermarket at peak time on Saturday morning, even if you work Monday to Friday, I'd just do my big shop one evening during the week.  It just seems a bit of a waste of a weekend morning when you could be chilling, having a massive breakfast or doing something fun outside.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I found that if you do the shopping online then you only end up buying the things that you need and that's no fun, it's utterly joyless

I prefer to go down the shop, stroll around for 30 mins, go down every aisle, look at the offers, usually when I go I don't know what I'm having for tea that night I try and discover something there and then, go down the foreign food aisle and see if anything is new (think it was tescos that introduced "I'm new" signs in their stores, that's perfect for me, don't know you need it until you see it 

Its the only thing that makes shopping bearable, online doesn't work that way, you make a list you buy the list 

Yep ... I’d have never discovered orange Toblerone , Sticky toffee pudding digestives or Ben and Jerry ice cream with crisps , if I only shopped online . 

plus I usually bump into an old school mate and have a natter , online If I want to chat to someone it costs me money on Only fans 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I've never really understood why anyone would choose to go to the supermarket at peak time on Saturday morning, even if you work Monday to Friday, I'd just do my big shop one evening during the week.  It just seems a bit of a waste of a weekend morning when you could be chilling, having a massive breakfast or doing something fun outside.

A retired couple that lived opposite my folks old place always used to do their 'big shop' at 3pm on Saturday afternoon at Asda Minworth. The worst place in the world. They didn't leave the house during the week! Madness.

Yeah, I’ve really enjoyed doing the weekly ‘big’ shopping, too, when I’ve been able to do it in the daytime on my WFH days. But I generally like going to the supermarket, in person. 

I like planning the meals, writing the list, being in control and avoiding the often costly and always unhealthy impulse purchases my wife invariably makes when she’s in charge. I like the polite interactions with my fellow shoppers and the staff. I like the routine of it. And I’m enough of a luddite to have kind of an ideological preference for it. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

A retired couple that lived opposite my folks old place always used to do their 'big shop' at 3pm on Saturday afternoon at Asda Minworth. The worst place in the world. They didn't leave the house during the week! Madness.

Ah well here 3pm on a Saturday is usually a good time (Pre-pandemonium) with the caveat that either Liverpool or Everton are playing

Oddly 11:00 - 12:30 on a Sunday is bad because the car park is full of rocket polishers not shopping but going to sodding Church, it's next door and they fill the car park of the supermarket because its free for 2 hours. I've often had to park in the Pay and Display over the road to go into the supermarket but into the shop and.... ghost town

2 hours ago, bickster said:

This is spectacularly missing the point of my post. The substitution algo is shite

Not really. I understood that part. I was just pointing out that if you're not happy with the algo you can reject it for a refund.

I inferred from your post that you hadn't done that.

2 hours ago, limpid said:

Ocado price match Tesco. They are nothing to do with Waitrose.

They used to be didn't they? Now it's M&S Food?

Anyway I agree with your point. In the first lockdown when you couldn't get deliveries for love nor money I had to go to Sainsburys in person to do our shop and the price of our weekly shop went up at Sainsburys compared to Ocado.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

This.

We didn't have your Milk Tray in stock, so your substitution is a 4pk of Mars bars!  🤪

We ordered apples once and they were out of stock and no substitute. I’m not sure I believe the entire Asda store had no apples.

• Like 1

Real Madrid wearing black socks pisses me off. Is it VAR related because Chelsea wear white socks? **** off

An all-English Champions League final pisses me off. Any final with two sides from the same country pisses me off. **** off

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

Real Madrid wearing black socks pisses me off. Is it VAR related because Chelsea wear white socks? **** off

An all-English Champions League final pisses me off. Any final with two sides from the same country pisses me off. **** off

I really hope it’s better than the Spurs Liverpool final :puke:

One of the worst games of football I’ve seen in my life.

• Like 1

Â