Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

58 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I used to have something called Proctaglia Fugax. It's actually just dormant now because once in a while I get mild symptoms. But for about 15 years, once every 6 weeks or so, it would strike in the middle of the night, usually waking me up and then I'd be writhing on the floor for over an hour. It is an indescribable pain. I almost vomited once because the pain was so horrible.

To make matters worse, there is no cure or reliable remedy, nor is there an explanation of why it even happens.

So glad the worst of it seems to have passed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proctalgia_fugax

I feel your pain, brother. 

Mine also seems to happen randomly in the middle of the night but not as frequently. I’ve also found I’ve had less severe bouts a handful of times after intimate moments. Trying to hide the pain from partners has been pretty horrible.

It honestly feels like someone is plunging a knife into the, ahem, affected area.

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

I used to have something called Proctaglia Fugax. It's actually just dormant now because once in a while I get mild symptoms. But for about 15 years, once every 6 weeks or so, it would strike in the middle of the night, usually waking me up and then I'd be writhing on the floor for over an hour. It is an indescribable pain. I almost vomited once because the pain was so horrible.

To make matters worse, there is no cure or reliable remedy, nor is there an explanation of why it even happens.

I used to get that occasionally. It really is a pain in the arse. Haven't had it for years now, thankfully. 

Last time I had jabbing pains in my anus was after I got too drunk in Bangkok one night :ph34r:

We're all sickos here @sidcow, quite literally in most cases :D 

• Haha 2

BBC Casualty:  The set,  the stories and 99% of the people on it.

Can a nurse that is deaf actually be a nurse if she has no hearing for example + the set,  looks like a set.  words removed.

When I was younger they used to plough trains into nuclear waste,  its all very much "Jim has a really sore ankle"

No one ever dies.

People dropping drugs off IN a prison.  Just **** off.

Why don't they install a sturdy lock that leads to the roof,  this would stop people who have had a shocker at the vending machine from ending it all and jumping.  It must costs pennies to make.

(My Mrs. really likes it but I want them and it to burn)

(I am sure I have moaned about this before actually,  every 10 years or so)

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Can a nurse that is deaf actually be a nurse if she has no hearing for example + the set,  looks like a set.  words removed.

When I was younger they used to plough trains into nuclear waste,  its all very much "Jim has a really sore ankle"

No one ever dies.

Why don't they install a sturdy lock that leads to the roof,  this would stop people who have had a shocker at the vending machine jump off.  It must costs pennies to make.

There’s a funny Lee Evans sketch on it in the old days.

”The truck driver rings his missus, hi love I’ll be home in about an hour with no injuries whatsoever”…. He’s in it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

i didn't know there's a name for it, but I definitely get it occasionally.   Luckily, never bad enough to make me vomit.   Looking at the Prevention section of that Wiki article, i think I'll opt to just put up with it occasionally.

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

No one ever dies.

Why don't they install a sturdy lock that leads to the roof,  this would stop people who have had a shocker at the vending machine from ending it all and jumping.  It must costs pennies to make.

My Missus likes it too. Actually as 'serial drama' (it isn't quite a soap), I don't think it's as bad as some. 

I keep meaning to ask our neighbour what she thinks of it (she's an actual, real life A&E doctor). 

• Like 1

How on Earth do people buy into Coronation Street? 
A short cobbled road with about 15 houses and no traffic despite the pub, 2 shops, hairdressers, cafe, restaurant, car garage, factory, chip shop, fat food outlet, health centre, flower shop and taxi rank. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

A short cobbled road with about 15 houses and no traffic despite the pub, 2 shops, hairdressers, cafe, restaurant, car garage, factory, chip shop, fat food outlet, health centre, flower shop and taxi rank. 

It was entertaing in the 70's 80's.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I keep meaning to ask our neighbour what she thinks of it (she's an actual, real life A&E doctor). 

Probably much the same as any copper watching a police series I'd imagine

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

When did they add another half to the street. It used to be the houses, the pub the shop, the cafe and the factory

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

When did they add another half to the street. It used to be the houses, the pub the shop, the cafe and the factory

I actually missed a bunch of businesses

An-Ordnance-Survey-map-showing-Coronatio

41 minutes ago, Genie said:

And why aren't they all living in decrepit 60's Tower blocks by now following the slum clearance? 

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I used to get that occasionally. It really is a pain in the arse. Haven't had it for years now, thankfully. 

I didn't even know that was a thing.  I've had something that for years and didn't realise it was actually a condition.  

8 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He got it like clock work every weekend (or was it every other weekend). I just remember him lying on the bed in fetal position vomiting like mad,

Strange ... I had something similar in my teenage years and young/middle adulthood. I always called them my Sunday headaches. I always associate with dark Sunday late afternoons in Kings Heath.  Mine were not like clockwork, maybe three times a year. And not as bad as your Dad's. I sometimes could walk them off by going into the daylight. Painful but it worked. 

Luckily ... not had too many in the last twenty or so years. 1999 ... visiting the Del Prado (Madrid) first and only on a Saturday. God, the Goya exhibit was depressing. This was the first time it was sufficiently bad where the headache induced vomitting. Then another in 2007 or thereabouts. Nothing since.

Â