Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

23 hours ago, sidcow said:

Not as annoying as when you're waiting to join a island and some mother **** can see you waiting to join and merrily leave the island at your junction without indicating. 

How about when you are zooming down a main drag, and some one pulls out of a side road just as you get there, you have to slow down, look behind you and you are the only other car on the road. Why couldn't they wait another 30 seconds for you t0 pass 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Going back to the price of Pop and snacks. Do you guys never pop to Aldi? Their ZX Cola is quality. Moser Roth chocolate is amongst the best quality you can find in shops. It’s the best imo. I love Lidl as well for most things but their Cola is a bit plop. 

49 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Moser Roth is amazing! The dark chocolate orange mousse one is my favourite. It’s sublime stuff. 

I'll pass on your thanks ;) 

22 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Christ, what are you driving? A full tank in my car is £50 and I could drive from Yorkshire to Devon and back on that. 

Maybe in a modern car but no way you could get from Birmingham to Devon and back on a full tank in a standard 10ish year old car. West Somerset at a push, Weston Super Mud probably yeah.  

26 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

How about when you are zooming down a main drag, and some one pulls out of a side road just as you get there, you have to slow down, look behind you and you are the only other car on the road. Why couldn't they wait another 30 seconds for you t0 pass 

They risk their life to pull out as fast as they can, then proceed to tootle along at 35 in a 60. rocket polishers!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Exactly this for me. 

I'm probably predjudiced against British (and American) police procedural series, as I'm so heavily into the European ones (Killing, Bridge, Spiral, etc.) 

The Killing is up there with my favourites. I really enjoyed those 3 series. I didn’t want it to end.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Maybe in a modern car but no way you could get from Birmingham to Devon and back on a full tank in a standard 10ish year old car. West Somerset at a push, Weston Super Mud probably yeah.  

My focus is 7 years old and I can do a 450 mile round trip for around 3/4 of a tank. Our house to the daughters in South London and back. FIlled up at the start, just under quarter of a tank left at the end. Approx mpg 56

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

you going on the motorway in 2nd mate? :huh:

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

you going on the motorway in 2nd mate? :huh:

2010 Civic, awful mpg. About 30mpg I think. At the current price of fuel it’d cost me £25 to get to Minehead from Kings Heath. Bit of driving around while down there. £25 back. Voila £60. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

My focus is 7 years old and I can do a 450 mile round trip for around 3/4 of a tank. Our house to the daughters in South London and back. FIlled up at the start, just under quarter of a tank left at the end. Approx mpg 56

Congratulations on your car. Mine isn’t a 2014 focus that does 56mpg. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Congratulations on your car. Mine isn’t a 2007 focus that does 56mpg. 

The point is you said a standard ten year old car won't  do that kind of MPG, my Focus is by no way the earliest of its model, it must be approx ten years old in it's current model. Ten year old cars doing 55-60 mpg with Motorway miles is fairly typical, even a 10 year old Mondeo won't be much down on that, maybe 50 MPG on the motorway. And Ford's aren't anywhere near class leading on fuel economy

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

The point is you said a standard ten year old car won't  do that kind of MPG, my Focus is by no way the earliest of its model, it must be approx ten years old in it's current model. Ten year old cars doing 55-60 mpg with Motorway miles is fairly typical, even a 10 year old Mondeo won't be much down on that, maybe 50 MPG on the motorway. And Ford's aren't anywhere near class leading on fuel economy

I don’t know why I said 2007 focus lol I had a brain fart.

Point is, I’d say a 7 year old car is still relatively new and far from what most families on a limited income would call older. I’ve never had a car apart from my 3 year lease 2015 Peugeot 108 1.1 that has comfortably done a trip to the seaside and back with fuel to spare. Maybe I need to get better at buying older cars or driving or both. But for most old cars past their best with less mpg than they rolled out the showroom with I’m not convinced. 

Plus we’ve strayed away from my original point. Even if you did pay £60 in petrol for a day out round trip, it’s still cheaper than Alton Towers and WM Safari Park. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

without wanting to make this the TV thread...

due to the german wife ive worked my way through british dramas in the last year because she's never heard of them before and i hadnt watched them, including LoD

i would say that in terms of terrestrial TV, so competing with broadchurch, young victoria, mr selfridge, downtown, the bodyguard, luther, sherlock, peaky blinders, this is england - ive still got to watch killing eve, little axe and its a sin - its definitely towards the top half of that list, behind peak blinders, this is england and peak luther for me (again bearing in mind im watching it in german not english)

back to piss me off - i cannot get killing eve in english with german subtitles

No mention of Auf Wiedersehen Pet, interesting (maybe showing my age there)

41 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm so glad I don't have to pay for kids to do stuff

I'll be paying mine to wipe my arse when I can't in 10 years time.

You'll just have to make do with a shitty anus - ever more stinging - forever.

muhahahahaa. 

59 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I don’t know why I said 2007 focus lol I had a brain fart.

Point is, I’d say a 7 year old car is still relatively new and far from what most families on a limited income would call older. I’ve never had a car apart from my 3 year lease 2015 Peugeot 108 1.1 that has comfortably done a trip to the seaside and back with fuel to spare. Maybe I need to get better at buying older cars or driving or both. But for most old cars past their best with less mpg than they rolled out the showroom with I’m not convinced. 

Plus we’ve strayed away from my original point. Even if you did pay £60 in petrol for a day out round trip, it’s still cheaper than Alton Towers and WM Safari Park. 

I just checked out the MPG on a 2010 honda civic, thats an eco-terrorist on 4 wheels.

Even a Mondeo from 2010 would do much better than that - approx 50 mpg and that model was introduced in 2007.

Try and persuade someone to steal it, leave it unlocked, the keys in the ingition and handwritten sign saying "steal me... please"

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Also, if it's seemingly set in or around Brum does anybody actually have a Brummie accent in it?  Doesn't look like it based on the cast.

Its not set in Brum specifically,  just a generic 'Midlands/Central' city/town. 

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

2010 Civic, awful mpg. About 30mpg I think. At the current price of fuel it’d cost me £25 to get to Minehead from Kings Heath. Bit of driving around while down there. £25 back. Voila £60. 

Christ, that is bad. I can even eek 33 mpg out of my mine if I drive like a pillow footed vicar. 

Â