Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Genie said:

How on Earth do people buy into Coronation Street? 
A short cobbled road with about 15 houses and no traffic despite the pub, 2 shops, hairdressers, cafe, restaurant, car garage, factory, chip shop, fat food outlet, health centre, flower shop and taxi rank. 

If it was true to life, every space on the road would be used to park and there would be knife crime, as its Manchester!

The fact a bank holiday weekend is over and i've got work in the morning. 

It felt so far away on Friday afternoon! 

Edited by Xela

Line of Duty. Never watched it, no real interest in watching it now purely on the basis of how much the media keep banging on about it. For 2 days after every episode its non stop coverage by every news broadcast and radio DJ. It really REALLY grinds my gears, and it shouldn't.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Xela said:

I've booked holiday today and tomorrow 

Happy Season 17 GIF by The Simpsons

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I've booked holiday today and tomorrow 

Happy Season 17 GIF by The Simpsons

I've got all week off :D.  I have plans on doing DIY / housework (a bit of painting, de-cluttering etc) but whether I can be arsed remains to be seen.   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Xela said:

I've had to take today off for a British Gas bloke to service the boiler, he's already been and gone which is sods law. Bored shitless

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

I've had to take today off for a British Gas bloke to service the boiler, he's already been and gone which is sods law. Bored shitless

The opposite of booking a day off for a Hermes courier which will obviously never arrive, despite them claiming an attempted delivery.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

The opposite of booking a day off for a Hermes courier which will obviously never arrive, despite them claiming an attempted delivery.

Given where we live, its highly unusual for us to be the first appointment of the day for anything! If I'd known It would be all done by 9:30 I wouldn't have booked the day off, I'd have just working from home for a bit and gone in.

On the subject of soaps, why do people that watch them always refer to them as ‘’my soaps”? 

Me: “what are you doing tonight?”

Moron: “I’m gonna relax and watch my soaps”. 

Just seems bizarre and nobody else does it with other programmes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

On the subject of soaps, why do people that watch them always refer to them as ‘’my soaps”? 

My wife calls the shows she's watching 'my stories', though she's at least partly joking.

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

I was in Nashville a few years back and waiting in line in a store to buy booze. The woman in front of me was laden with crisps and pop and was talking to the lady serving about the tv show Empire but she kept calling it, my show. That passed to us and now my wife does the accent and refers to Grand Designs as My Show. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

My parent's did that all the time. And not with soaps.

"My program" basically meant a show that you watched religiously and couldn't be interrupted (probably more prominent when stuff wasn't all recorded and on demand)

• Like 1

Adding stuff to my ocado online order (yes, i know !)....the app asks me four times if i want to proceed to checkout and then finally click on commit order.

In the previous four steps it reminded me of stuff i removed as "items i may have forgotten "....then it's " check these items"....then it's " items at low price"....and then something like "similar to what you have in your basket" before i can commit the order and save changes.

I am beyond livid about this and have already penned a stiff note of complaint to the daily mail !!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Adding stuff to my ocado online order (yes, i know !)....the app asks me four times if i want to proceed to checkout and then finally click on commit order.

In the previous four steps it reminded me of stuff i removed as "items i may have forgotten "....then it's " check these items"....then it's " items at low price"....and then something like "similar to what you have in your basket" before i can commit the order and save changes.

I am beyond livid about this and have already penned a stiff note of complaint to the daily mail !!

Ah yeah, us poor folk have to experience this with the Morrison’s app.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

try this for a novel idea... go to the bloody shops!

I can get someone else to walk round the store, bag it and deliver it to my door for £2.

I won’t be going to the store for a “big shop” unless I really have to. 

• Like 2

Â