Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Broken ribs. That's a good few weeks of agony.  At least with broken legs and arms the worst is over in the first few days . 

With broken ribs the actual injury is probably the easiest phase.  Even months later a simple cough can make it feel like Mike Tyson just jabbed you.

I got a chest infection shortly after breaking my ribs 😭

Went on a stag do in my early 20s, someone tried to give me a wedgie and rip my boxers off, didn't work they didn't break, next thing I know about 6 lads have me hoisted up in the air by my boxers like a throw in at rugby, the band still didn't break, my ribs did... 

Went to the Dr's, said I think I've hurt my ribs, he said stand up against the wall, gave me a little rub (insert KW here) then out nowhere pushed the palm of his hand in to the middle of my chest pinning me on the wall, I gasped winced nearly shit myself all in one go, he said yep theyre broke, nothing we can do, rest up and they'll heal 

Got the post booze weekender chest infection a few days later, horrible time 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Shocked 1

As for worst pain, smashed my teeth falling off a bike when I was a kid, front 2 I knocked one clean out, other one I broke in half, broke my nose, cuts everywhere, actually tore that little flap in between your top lip and your gum, I haven't got one anymore 

1st night, casualty sorted me out but dentist was the next day, couldn't breathe through my broken nose so had to use my mouth... Where I have an exposed nerve flapping in the wind... 

Months later I had to have the nerve removed the tooth is dying, route canal, the dentist says pain killers make the nerve shrink, I've had it capped by now, they have to drill a hole in the back on the tooth, insert what I can only describe as a screw type thing, twist it hoping that the nerve wraps around the head and then yank it out... For an hour... They couldn't do it, take 3 visits at 1 hour each 

I was 12 

• Shocked 1

Non stop cluster migraine attacks that last for 3 hours. Comatose in the fetal position on the bed, curtains drawn, ice pack on my head until it subsides. Makes you want to split your own head open with an axe or ice pick just to make it stop. Only time I ever cry. Absolute **** hell. Give me a broken leg/arm whatever anyday. 

• Like 2

I fell down some steps at high school and got what is known as “banana arm”.

Broke it in the middle of the forearm.

I was lucky because first part of the surgery is to push it back into shape then  x-ray. Luckily it all lined up so they didn’t have to go in an out pins and plates in.

Sliced off the skin at the very tip of my thumb once.  The phone nurse told me to hold gauze on it til it stopped, then pull it off.  Didn’t take a genius to see that it would stop because it dried and pulling the gauze would make it start up again.   Told me if it doesn’t stay stopped after a couple of tries, go to the ER.

Of course, I’m by far the least urgent case at the ER, so I wait a couple of hours before being seen.   They rip off the gauze that’s dried onto it and, of course it starts bleeding.   So they put a piece of gauze over it and tell me to hold it in place and they’ll be back in a bit.  They come back after the blood has dried the gauze to my thumb again and rip it off again and say, “Hmmm.   That didn’t seem to do the trick.”  No shit, Sherlock.

Here’s the worst pain part:  They then dip a cotton swab in silver nitrate and the guy sticks it on my 2 million exposed nerve endings and starts pushing it hard into the wound and twirling it around.   I nearly passed out instantly from the pain.  The only pain I’ve had that came close was accidentally aspirating a piece of food a day after cracking a couple of ribs and having to cough repeatedly to get it up.  The worst part of that was knowing that I had to cough and knowing the kind of pain I would be inflicting on myself.

TL,DR:   Worst pain was chemical cauterization of open wound and coughing with a cracked rib.

I had a foreskin problem, unfortunately not sex related, but getting to A&E was agony.  Thankfully they sorted it out.  Only bone I've broken is the tip of my finger and it just went numb, the most pain I've had is doing a rib muscle sneezing and having a curved root on the tooth I was having taken out and the anaesthetic not working properly.

On 27/04/2021 at 20:51, sidcow said:

My son used to get insanely worried about the episode where the dam breaks.   Used to hop around from foot to foot telling them to be quick even though he'd seen it like 500 times before. 

That's like when  My Granddad went to see the Titanic, he kept telling them it would sink   until they threw him out of the cinema 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I had a foreskin problem, unfortunately not sex related, but getting to A&E was agony.  Thankfully they sorted it out.  Only bone I've broken is the tip of my finger and it just went numb, the most pain I've had is doing a rib muscle sneezing and having a curved root on the tooth I was having taken out and the anaesthetic not working properly.

Talking teeth, when I first stopped smoking and the blood came back into my gums it was agony. Me and Mrs T were in Paris and I had to find a dentist. He gave me some stuff that they put on your gums before the injection. Spent a weekend walking about rubbing stuff onto my gums   got some funny looks 

7 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I split my foreskin once having sex.

Pissing for weeks afterwards was painful, I don’t recommend it.

Likewise. I remember eating and drinking as little as possible to minimise the numbers of times I'd have to go to the toilet.

The incident itself I don't remember as being very painful, but that may have been to do with how drunk I was.

• Like 1

On 27/04/2021 at 22:11, mjmooney said:

Not a class indicator, really. I grew up on a council estate but went to a grammar school. 

Me too, but I felt out of place at times when it came to who's parents had what ever 

Edited by Robtaylor200

9 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I split my foreskin once having sex.

I split mine too from too much sex in the early days with my now wife.

Funny how times change isn’t it. I’m likely to need medical treatment next time the planets align. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I split mine too from too much sex in the early days with my now wife.

Funny how times change isn’t it. I’m likely to need medical treatment next time the planets align. 

I am thinking about becoming a monk 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Me too, but I felt out of place at times when it came to who's parents had what ever 

Funnily enough, I don't think that ever bothered me. There was a wide range of class backgrounds. One of my mates lived in a huge detached house in Edgbaston, another one in a back-to-back terrace in Balsall Heath. None of us cared. I was intrigued that some kids' families had holidays in the south of France, or went skiing (we were lucky if we got a week in Paignton), but I was never uncomfortable with it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

A guy who I work with has kids in a private school, has a big house in very nice part of Oxford and drives a brand new LR Discovery. All he goes on about is how rich the other kids parents are.

I hate that glass half empty perspective. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Non stop cluster migraine attacks that last for 3 hours. Comatose in the fetal position on the bed, curtains drawn, ice pack on my head until it subsides. Makes you want to split your own head open with an axe or ice pick just to make it stop. Only time I ever cry. Absolute **** hell. Give me a broken leg/arm whatever anyday. 

Sounds awful mate.

Which leads me on nicely to people who describe headaches as migraines. I have a mate who does it. We'll be messaging and they'll say "got a migraine today, just lying on the sofa watching netflix". Thats not a migraine! 

• Like 1

Â