Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

Real Madrid wearing black socks pisses me off. Is it VAR related because Chelsea wear white socks? **** off

No it's the rules of the game as they've been forever, two teams can't have the same colour socks, no different from shirts or shorts

My economy department who obsess over our billed hours list. It's like it's the most important thing in the world to have them EXACTLY on time. Whether you're stuck on a hospital in Rwanda impaled by a goat doesn't matter.

Then when you are so far away you can't actually do anything about it and a week passes without you delivering, what happens? Nothing. Everything works fine.

And yes yes I know it's their job and if everyone did it, it would become a problem. But **** me. They are so annoying nagging about that stuff it boils my blood.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

My economy department who obsess over our billed hours list. It's like it's the most important thing in the world to have them EXACTLY on time. Whether you're stuck on a hospital in Rwanda impaled by a goat doesn't matter.

Then when you are so far away you can't actually do anything about it and a week passes without you delivering, what happens? Nothing. Everything works fine.

And yes yes I know it's their job and if everyone did it, it would become a problem. But **** me. They are so annoying nagging about that stuff it boils my blood.

I work in an economy department

My construction company has an 8 man team checking that staff hours are booked in to the system correctly and 1 man sat on site managing £120m of subcontracts 

Its mental 

The worst thing about it is that due to the forecasting and actual booking and the evolving nature of the project I would say at least 25% of the work my boss wants me to do ends up in the bin

27 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

So sorry to hear you're stuck in a hospital in Rwanda impaled by a goat, @KenjiOgiwara, get well soon. 

What I want to know is whether he's sharing this hospital bed with the goat (because it's still impaling him) or if the goat has been surgically removed, and if so how was the goat disposed of?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

What I want to know is whether he's sharing this hospital bed with the goat (because it's still impaling him) or if the goat has been surgically removed, and if so how was the goat disposed of?

I want to know if he waited to be seen or was he butting in?

Sorry, just kidding.

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I want to know if he waited to be seen or was he butting in?

Sorry, just kidding.

I'm a bit fed up of him bleating on about it to be honest. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well the one thing......the ONE thing i wanted ocado to deliver (marmite breakfast biscuits) were replaced with belvita biscuits......savoury for sweet ?!?!?!?!

I was tembling with rage on my doorstep and gave the delivery boy a jolly good flea in his ear !

Perhaps i should've got off my arse and bought them myself ? 

Nah....

• Like 1

Let me get this right - there are people on here who like shopping, who actively look forward to it?

Jebus.

that said, I walk to the Supermarket and do the shop in the store - I can't be arsed with internet supermarketing - it's only a 5 minute walk and I know where stuff is...which leads me on to the TTPYO thing - when the Supermarket moves stuff around and then I can't find the things that I need. Why do they do it? what on earth gets into their heads? Leave stuff where it is, so people can find it. Twunts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

Supermarket moves stuff around and then I can't find the things that I need. Why do they do it? what on earth gets into their heads? Leave stuff where it is, so people can find it. Twunts.

They do it to force you to look at new things and buy more. It works too. Bex told me cos thats kinda work related for her now

• Thanks 1

Some are worse for it than others. There's not been any significant movement at my Tesco in years. When I used to work at Asda it felt like we rearranged things every 3 months, it was a massive ballache.

Just one substitute on last nights delivery from Tesco, pack of 4 Kit Kat chunkys, they replaced the regular ones with white chocolate version. Just had one with my lunch, bloody lovely.

• Like 1

Supermarket shop day is real in our house.

We have to do a tour of Tesco for our food, my parents, and the in-laws. They ain’t doing no internet shop with possible swap outs and the like. So it’s our duty to triple shop ‘live, in store’ on a Thursday morning.

The shopping is done early, minimal crowds, minimal fuss. By minimal fuss, I mean trying to decipher the hand writing of an 86 year old that can’t quite remember the name of that thing I have every other week, with the picture of a thing on it. And my parents that give instructions like, ‘could we have a birthday card for Elsie, but a nice one, and some of those biscuits, or maybe a bottle, what do you think?’ Or the usual classic, ‘no when I said raspberries, you knew I meant strawberries’. And everyone’s favourite, attempting to add to the list, after the shop! When packing away items, to be told ‘oh, and some cornflakes if you can’.

Then going between the various houses, delivering, packing away, explaining again why we weren’t able to get a copy of the Mail for the 37th consecutive week.

It’s a solid half day’s work.

It is pure coincidence that today, a Thursday, I have not been able to work from home...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

When I go to the supermarkets on my todd, I like to look at, and find the most expensive honey.  Manuka honey in Sainsbury's at £25 a jar is a usual jaw dropper.  Whilst I would never buy it, I fantasise about just opening a jar and scooping it all out with my fingers and just trying it.  Like... what's so special?  I get cheap honey is mostly just refined sugar or whatever, but c'mon!

Seen a few others for about £38, but never seen anything in store for more than £40. 

Caramel wafers are kept in the cake aisle, remember that - even though they're just two biscuits smashed together with caramel.

Oh, and crème fraiche is in a different place to natural yogurt and they're both in a different place to sour creams - despite being all more or less exactly the same.  

I've had to be asked by several store workers "if I'm alright?" because seeing a 34 year old man who's obviously soiled himself and quietly sobbing is not something a toddler in a trolley should be subjected to on a Saturday afternoon. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

Caramel wafers are kept in the cake aisle, remember that - even though they're just two biscuits smashed together with caramel.

In our Waitrose, they are with the bread which is even less logical than cakes or biscuits

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

In our Waitrose, they are with the bread which is even less logical than cakes or biscuits

I checked bread before I checked cake aisle to be honest!! Sometimes you get the "novelty sweet" bread bollocks like brioche with choco lumps of fart in it and whatever - but nah.  

I was very near tears/soiling stage, let me tell you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â