Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

13 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I don't really mind people misspelling it, it happens/

But how do you find me with the right spelling then type Stephan rabble rabble rabble

Happens to me all the time.  My name is Scandinavian but has a variant that's relatively common in English, though mainly as a surname.  I fully expect people to misspell it the first time, or even multiple times if they don't see it in front of them.  But I get responses to e-mails where it's spelled out 2 inches away in my signature block or in the To: block, time after time, from people who I've been communicating with for years.  Then there are the others who shorten my name when the short version isn't even a particularly common substitute like Mike, Bill, Tom, etc.   Lord only knows where they got the idea to call me that.  They hear or see one person use it once and suddenly they assume that's my name.

12 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

This is the exact conversation

[11:11 AM] 
Hi Stephan, hope you're well

I have a quick (and probably stupid) question I hope you will be able to help me with

[11:17 AM] 
Hi, okay go for it

And nothing since. So get my name wrong and then don't even ask me anything!!

I don’t answer these chat message unless they actually say why they’re getting in touch, a ‘how are you’ is annoying enough when i don’t know the person but anyone saying “i have a question” or “can i ask a question” without actually saying what it is, is infuriating. it’s either not important or they eventually spit it out.

21 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

This is the exact conversation

Hi Stephan, hope you're well

I have a quick (and probably stupid) question I hope you will be able to help me with

[11:17 AM] 
Hi, okay go for it

And nothing since. So get my name wrong and then don't even ask me anything!!

ONE DAY LATER

[10:32 AM] 
Hello Wilson :)  i am writing to you regarding position

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

A Councillor in kiddy is petitioning to change a street name to honour captain Tom 

**** off

Honouring him in some way in his home town is a nice gesture, but is there so much as an indication he ever even visited Kidderminster? What a weird thing to do :D 

I think a more fitting way of honouring the man would be an examination of where that money went, and asking why it requires charitable funding in the first place.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

yeah home town and what have you absolutely not a problem

random town miles away from where he's from that he's never been to and got no link to...get out of it

he's said something like he's a beacon or role model or something, again i dont disagree but the notion that kids in kiddy will see sir captain tom drive and think "im not going to be a word removed today" is ludicrous, its pandering to what he think is the popular opinion when in reality no one cares

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

yeah home town and what have you absolutely not a problem

random town miles away from where he's from that he's never been to and got no link to...get out of it

he's said something like he's a beacon or role model or something, again i dont disagree but the notion that kids in kiddy will see sir captain tom drive and think "im not going to be a word removed today" is ludicrous, its pandering to what he think is the popular opinion when in reality no one cares

More streets are named after Nelson Mandela in the UK than anywhere in the world outside South Africa , so i think your" local " argument has gone out the window :)

as someone said in another thread , naming a hospital after him wouldn't be a bad shout

On 03/02/2021 at 08:46, Seat68 said:

I may have mentioned this in this very thread but I hate this delivery if poetry. I am all for a bit of poetry. I like the reading if poetry but this way of delivering poetry is like that affectation some singers in the hit parade had. For that, I’m out. 

I wish I'd looked after me teeth

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

"I've always liked that Boris"

"yeah but what about the 100.000 people dea..."

"I've always liked that Boris"

He’s doing his best bless him. Nothing like this has ever happened before and he’s having to make difficult decisions x

Just now, Genie said:

He’s doing his best bless him. Nothing like this has ever happened before and he’s having to make difficult decisions x

Maybe I should take this to the virus thread, but that's honestly what most people think as far as I can tell. Ironically, the worse they do and the more people die, the more the public pities the enormity of the task that's facing them :bang:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Maybe I should take this to the virus thread, but that's honestly what most people think as far as I can tell. Ironically, the worse they do and the more people die, the more the public pities the enormity of the task that's facing them :bang:

You just know that at some point there will be a study showing that if the government did the opposite of everything they actually did less people would have died and the economy wouldn’t have been as badly hit. But you know, it’s not easy for him doing it all on his own. People forget that x

On 01/02/2021 at 13:47, mjmooney said:

Only time I ever left a game at half time was Boxing Day 2003 at Elland Road. Went with my daughter, even though we both had a bout of the winter flu. We were sat in a horrible draughty corner of the ground with sleet blowing in our faces and we felt dreadful. Of course it was a dire game, and we'd both had enough by HT and called it quits. A wise choice - it ended up 0-0. 

I refuse to believe any game at Elland Road can ever be anything other than exhilarating and would warm anyone through to their very core. 

You must have been doing it wrong. 

Edited by sidcow

Â