Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

On 01/02/2021 at 14:29, KenjiOgiwara said:

Got billed £ 50 by fedex. Apparentley some art I ordered from Italy missed the tax payment from me. I knew the painting obviously, but the tax amount didn't give much sense cause it was MUCH too low and I know the tax percentage is 20%. 

So I call them and ask why they are sending me random bills that don't make sense. Then I found out they had sent me the tax for the painting I remembered, but miscalculated the tax. So because I'm a **** stupid know it all I now have to pay a LOT more import tax than what I was originally billed. Superb. 

Should buy all your Art from B&Q like me. No tax issues there. 

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

• Haha 3

On 01/02/2021 at 14:35, sharkyvilla said:

Talking of grenades, I noticed the Albanian guy at work has half of his right middle finger missing and wasn't sure if it was rude to ask what happened.  I finally asked him the other day and he said he blew it off with a grenade when he was 7!  Showed me the massive scar that goes up his arm as well.  Childhood must have been very different in that part of the world.

I bet he wishes his family had stayed in Albania now instead of moving to Small Heath. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

A Councillor in kiddy is petitioning to change a street name to honour captain Tom 

**** off

I'm genuinely not trying to mock the deceased, and it was undoubtedly a nice thing to have done, but . . . it's just not *that* big of a deal is it?

Kids asking their mum in the future, 'who was Captain Sir Tom mummy', and she replying 'he was a very old man who walked around his garden a lot of times to raise money for the health service'.

• Like 2

I'm exhausted by Zoom meetings every day! 

Phone calls with clients i'm fine with. I can do it while in the car, or staring out the window, or lying upside down on my sofa, but video calls, i have to make an effort to look awake and brush the food out of my beard! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm genuinely not trying to mock the deceased, and it was undoubtedly a nice thing to have done, but . . . it's just not *that* big of a deal is it?

Kids asking their mum in the future, 'who was Captain Sir Tom mummy', and she replying 'he was a very old man who walked around his garden a lot of times to raise money for the health service'.

I had a similar conversation with my folks last year when all the discussions about statues and their merit was being had. This incessant need for people to be immortalised in bronze or whatever, I don’t get it. 

Eric Morecambe. I’m fairly indifferent to Morecambe & Wise. I understand they, and Eric in particular are much loved by my parents generation and maybe my grandparents generation.

However, in fifty years time if my kid ever visits Morecambe and she’s there with her children, they’ll turn to her and ask “who was that statue with the glasses and the funny pose then mum?” and I’d imagine my kid will be stumped and assume he was the dancing mayor of the town or something. But there he’ll (probably) stand because he was popular for a decade or so around a hundred years ago.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I had a similar conversation with my folks last year when all the discussions about statues and their merit was being had. This incessant need for people to be immortalised in bronze or whatever, I don’t get it. 

Eric Morecambe. I’m fairly indifferent to Morecambe & Wise. I understand they, and Eric in particular are much loved by my parents generation and maybe my grandparents generation.

However, in fifty years time if my kid ever visits Morecambe and she’s there with her children, they’ll turn to her and ask “who was that statue with the glasses and the funny pose then mum?” and I’d imagine my kid will be stumped and assume he was the dancing mayor of the town or something. But there he’ll (probably) stand because he was popular for a decade or so around a hundred years ago.

There is a statue of Les Dawson in St Annes. I must have walked past it 50 times and never thought for a second it was Les Dawson then I was in a pub talking to someone and they mentioned the statue of Les Dawson and blimey, it is a statue of him. Not convinced the artist had ever seen a picture of Les Dawson though. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm exhausted by Zoom meetings every day! 

Phone calls with clients i'm fine with. I can do it while in the car, or staring out the window, or lying upside down on my sofa, but video calls, i have to make an effort to look awake and brush the food out of my beard! 

Almost spat my coffee out then.  It's not just me then. 😁

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

There is a statue of Les Dawson in St Annes. I must have walked past it 50 times and never thought for a second it was Les Dawson then I was in a pub talking to someone and they mentioned the statue of Les Dawson and blimey, it is a statue of him. Not convinced the artist had ever seen a picture of Les Dawson though. 

Did it look like this? 

44278679_101.jpg

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

when the time comes , If your kids children don’t know who Eric Morecambe  is then you’ve failed them as a grandparent :)  

There won’t ever be a time when he isn’t funny 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

when the time comes , If your kids children don’t know who Eric Morecambe  is then you’ve failed them as a grandparent :)  

There won’t ever be a time when he isn’t funny 

I can think of a few “classic” Morecambe & Wise sketches which test that theory.

Edit - originally put “M&W” but realised that could be interpreted as Mitchell & Webb and wouldn’t want that to happen as they’re actually funny ;)

Edited by Mark Albrighton

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I can think of a few “classic” M&W sketches which test that theory.

The Beatles recorded  Maxwells silver hammer doesn’t stop them being the greatest band of all time (hello bicks 😛 )

Comedy is of course subjective but it was just simple fun comedy , I doubt I’ll ever tire of the breakfast set to David Rose music scene 

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

Should buy all your Art from B&Q like me. No tax issues there. 

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

Same here, all of my art arrives under plain  package with no reference to the vendor and also it appears as an innocuous name on my bank statement

20 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I can think of a few “classic” Morecambe & Wise sketches which test that theory.

9 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I doubt I’ll ever tire of the breakfast set to David Rose music scene 

Exhibit A, your honour....;)

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Eric Morcambe, as much of comedic genius as Ronnie Barker and Tommy Coopper

Well, they're from 'my' era, but I thought they were all so-so, even then. No desire to see any of them again. Barker was probably the best of those three. 

7 minutes ago, maqroll said:

When football sections of websites have headlines that read, for example:

"Arsenal 3- West Ham 2"

And then you start reading the report, and it's the women's league.

This. A million times this. 

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

A Councillor in kiddy is petitioning to change a street name to honour captain Tom 

**** off

There is already a Captain's Pool Just stick a sign on it.

• Like 1

Â