Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I may have mentioned this in this very thread but I hate this delivery if poetry. I am all for a bit of poetry. I like the reading if poetry but this way of delivering poetry is like that affectation some singers in the hit parade had. For that, I’m out. 

Know what you mean, I prefer the more classic style of poetry. They should have gone with this instead... 

There was a young man from the bank

Who’s poetry reading was w@nk

They pretend that they care, it’s really not fair. 

It’s shocking how low we have sank. 

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

"It's Stefan with an F!!!"

"Oops, sorry Ftephan"

I don't really mind people misspelling it, it happens/

But how do you find me with the right spelling then type Stephan rabble rabble rabble

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

People need to ask me something, so they look me up via Teams (presumably using my name), then write 'Hi Stephan'

I just don't know how it's possible.

My name’s only three letters, Tim, pretty easy to get right you’d think? I regularly get emails and messages saying “Hi Team, Hi Time, Hi Tom, and strangely one this morning saying “Hi Neil”. 

Who the feck is Neil?! 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I don't really mind people misspelling it, it happens/

But how do you find me with the right spelling then type Stephan rabble rabble rabble

I thought your name was Phred?

You want to try being called Gareth, what is so f***ing hard about that but no I get Gary and Garth all the f***ing time. Verbally and in written form

I've been called Brain as often as I've been called Brian in emails. I know it's an easy typo to make, but I've decided to think it's because they think I'm all smart like.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On a call with people. They have to look at my name. The look at it. They read it. They say it. Can Peter <incorrect variation on my surname> give his figures please. Every **** week. 

This is the exact conversation

[11:11 AM] 
Hi Stephan, hope you're well

[11:11 AM]
I have a quick (and probably stupid) question I hope you will be able to help me with

[11:17 AM] 
Hi, okay go for it

And nothing since. So get my name wrong and then don't even ask me anything!!
Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

This is the exact conversation

[11:11 PM] 
Hi Stephan, hope you're well

[11:11 PM]
I have a quick (and probably stupid) question I hope you will be able to help me with

[11:17 PM] 
Hi, okay go for it

And nothing since. So get my name wrong and then don't even ask me anything!!

tbh If i was made to wait 6 minutes for  reply I'd probably have buggered off as well :P

• Haha 1

Team member contacts me at 11.30 and tells me that they aren’t doing too well writing tests scripts and won’t get much done today. I tell them its 11.30, its not even lunch, why are they writing off the day when they have no other projects, they have no other meetings and didn’t actually start work till close to 10. FFS. 

34 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Team member contacts me at 11.30 and tells me that they aren’t doing too well writing tests scripts and won’t get much done today. I tell them its 11.30, its not even lunch, why are they writing off the day when they have no other projects, they have no other meetings and didn’t actually start work till close to 10. FFS. 

errr what? :D

So if they're not getting on well, they can just tell you and sack off the rest of the day? What did they say to you after your reply?

11 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

errr what? :D

So if they're not getting on well, they can just tell you and sack off the rest of the day? What did they say to you after your reply?

“Ok, thats cool, thanks”

I think he was planning on testing netflix. 

9 hours ago, BOF said:

I've been called Brain as often as I've been called Brian in emails. I know it's an easy typo to make, but I've decided to think it's because they think I'm all smart like.

People occasionally get my name (Rob) wrong in emails.

I assume it's a typo as otherwise Rib is a weird nickname. 

20 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

People occasionally get my name (Rob) wrong in emails.

I assume it's a typo as otherwise Rib is a weird nickname. 

Only the weak willed and slack minded should get Rob wrong. 

Â