Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Liverpool at home Dec 2009.  Bought a half season ticket and got put in a temporary seat for the first game right at the front where the North Stand meets the Witton.  Completely unprotected with snow blowing from all angles and an injury time Torres winner.  Ugh.

Think that's the one I had in mind. I remember being so cold, I wanted to leave at half time. If it's the one I'm thinking of, StevieG fell over a number of times and was awarded a free kick every time (that probably doesn't narrow it down any). What looked like a light flurry of snow was actually much worse outside the ground and the car had to be pushed out of the car park at the end. 

Only time I ever left a game at half time was Boxing Day 2003 at Elland Road. Went with my daughter, even though we both had a bout of the winter flu. We were sat in a horrible draughty corner of the ground with sleet blowing in our faces and we felt dreadful. Of course it was a dire game, and we'd both had enough by HT and called it quits. A wise choice - it ended up 0-0. 

Got billed £ 50 by fedex. Apparentley some art I ordered from Italy missed the tax payment from me. I knew the painting obviously, but the tax amount didn't give much sense cause it was MUCH too low and I know the tax percentage is 20%. 

So I call them and ask why they are sending me random bills that don't make sense. Then I found out they had sent me the tax for the painting I remembered, but miscalculated the tax. So because I'm a **** stupid know it all I now have to pay a LOT more import tax than what I was originally billed. Superb. 

On 30/01/2021 at 22:34, Xela said:

Feel like throwing a grenade into On Topic at the moment. 

Talking of grenades, I noticed the Albanian guy at work has half of his right middle finger missing and wasn't sure if it was rude to ask what happened.  I finally asked him the other day and he said he blew it off with a grenade when he was 7!  Showed me the massive scar that goes up his arm as well.  Childhood must have been very different in that part of the world.

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Talking of grenades, I noticed the Albanian guy at work has half of his right middle finger missing and wasn't sure if it was rude to ask what happened.  I finally asked him the other day and he said he blew it off with a grenade when he was 7!  Showed me the massive scar that goes up his arm as well.  Childhood must have been very different in that part of the world.

It certainly puts our bonfire night sparkler burns to shame. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Must have been a shit grenade if all it did was blow half his finger off. He was lucky. Or possibly lying. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

He's probably made it up. I reckon he got attacked by a raft of otters. Similar injuries sustained by Terry Nutkins. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I had a similar issue with WhatsApp, that NSFW images were being sent round by the lads and they'd appear in my picture gallery.  I found a way to stop that from happening (on Android) so it saved me from the worry of the kids the latest version of that "surprise - it's a man with a massive cock!" meme.

Yeah there's a setting in whatsapp to stop pictures automatically being saved to your gallery on iOS too. I have mine on not for the same reason, just that I was tired of opening my gallery and having to trawl through dozens of memes to find actual pictures.

I THINK there's also a setting that stops the pictures autodownloading. So you actually have to choose to click on the picture to download it and therefore view it. Could save some embarrassment too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I went to the Doncaster Rovers league cup game in about 2002 (I think?!).

We got beat 3-0.  It was absolutely freezing.  We took those "snap hand warmers" to put in our gloves, but they didn't even get warm enough to help.  They worked, but my hands were numb anyway.

Freezing cold, strong winds and we got battered.

David o Leary was getting peters.

22 hours ago, AndyClarke said:

I was there also, freezing, awful performance and DOL hid in the dugout for 90 minutes!

It was later than that. 2004 or 05 I reckon. I watched it in the pub at uni and being the only Villa fan in there I was thoroughly embarrassed. It remains one of the worst games I've ever seen us play.

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It was later than that. 2004 or 05 I reckon. I watched it in the pub at uni and being the only Villa fan in there I was thoroughly embarrassed. It remains one of the worst games I've ever seen us play.

2005. A bunch of us (some from on here) met up in London and watched it in the pub. It was bleak. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yea just looked, 05.  Bit later on than I thought, yea.. I think we mustered about 4 shots! 

• Like 1

That’s prompted a reminder, a month or so ago there was a conversation about there being no good adverts.

Well there’s one or two with Laura Whitmore. She’s playing some exercise computer game in her living room. Lots of shots of her in her skimpy work out gear, lots of stretching, sweating and so forth. 

It’s an advert for......erm......I know it’s not going to be the Nintendo Wii, er.......hmmm......the product name escapes me for the moment but I think they’re quite effective and memorable adverts.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

That’s prompted a reminder, a month or so ago there was a conversation about there being no good adverts.

Well there’s one or two with Laura Whitmore. She’s playing some exercise computer game in her living room. Lots of shots of her in her skimpy work out gear, lots of stretching, sweating and so forth. 

It’s an advert for......erm......I know it’s not going to be the Nintendo Wii, er.......hmmm......the product name escapes me for the moment but I think they’re quite effective and memorable adverts.

I have seen the advert a couple of times, it’s probably for hovis, or coffee maybe. Possibly an airline. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Genie said:

I hate everything about this man and his poem.

I also hate how Nationwide keep finding these words removed on their ads

Yet you attempted to make us all suffer your pain. As a non watcher of linear TV I never see shite TV Ads yet you seem to want me to watch one

It's a bit like running round a crowded room asking people to look at your genital warts :crylaugh:

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Genie said:

I hate everything about this man and his poem.

I also hate how Nationwide keep finding these words removed on their ads

I may have mentioned this in this very thread but I hate this delivery if poetry. I am all for a bit of poetry. I like the reading if poetry but this way of delivering poetry is like that affectation some singers in the hit parade had. For that, I’m out. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yet you attempted to make us all suffer your pain. As a non watcher of linear TV I never see shite TV Ads yet you seem to want me to watch one

It's a bit like running round a crowded room asking people to look at your genital warts :crylaugh:

You should close the thread then if you don’t want people to share annoying things :lol: 

Â