Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

22 minutes ago, Xela said:

Clothes shopping in general, I absolutely loathe. I'm like Bart Simpson, I have a wardrobe full of the same outfit. I have about 20 black t-shirts... and the other colours are navy blue, charcoal grey and very dark green! 3 pairs of identical jeans as well. 

I only buy stuff for holidays or if i'm desperate, then i'll bulk buy. 

I have approx 80 black band tshirts of which 10 fit me currently. Multiple pairs of levis and a number of harrington jackets. I am a creature of habit outside of the Western shirt/cowboy boot wear. 

• Like 1

The fact that I in my mid 30s and a pandemic have managed to develop IBS, I think anyway. Which I thought was a total crock of shite when I heard people complaining about it.

Really annoying as well cause it's ruined my favourite cereal, onions and mushrooms

• Sad 1

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

The fact that I in my mid 30s and a pandemic have managed to develop IBS, I think anyway. Which I thought was a total crock of shite when I heard people complaining about it.

Really annoying as well cause it's ruined my favourite cereal, onions and mushrooms

Its an absolute word removed. Had it from 12 and I was 45 before I knew all the things that caused me pain etc. Now I have it under control but I could easily go to a cupboard and be within 2 hours of pain and shitting through the eye of a needle. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

no assumptions as it could be all physical but it’s a a symptom of anxiety, in these ‘uncertain times’ could be worth a thought.

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Its a pain in the arse, quite literally. I have ulcerative colitis, which is a life changer.

I was fine until about 33/34, then it just hit me. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, a m ole said:

no assumptions as it could be all physical but it’s a a symptom of anxiety, in these ‘uncertain times’ could be worth a thought.

Nah it's some spesific carbs. I can eat pasta, rice, bread, beer. All good, but granola, onions, garlic, apples, mushrooms and I produce insane amount of gas. My gf started calling me the fart goblin. I get diarrhea'esque shits, jackson pollock style, stomach cramps that last 18 hours ish. Farts that end up shitting myself.

Had one bowl of granola two days ago to test and after about 5 hours I was on the toilet more or less all evening long. It's remarkable.

From what I can gather it's oligosach. and polysach. or fructose that destroys me.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

7 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Nah it's some spesific carbs. I can eat pasta, rice, bread, beer. All good, but granola, onions, garlic, apples, mushrooms and I produce insane amount of gas. My gf started calling me the fart goblin. I get diarrhea'esque shits, jackson pollock style, stomach cramps that last 18 hours ish. Farts that end up shitting myself.

Had one bowl of granola two days ago to test and after about 5 hours I was on the toilet more or less all evening long. It's remarkable.

From what I can gather it's oligosach. and polysach. or fructose that destroys me.

i wanna let you know i acknowledge the post but i can’t ‘like’ it because it made me want to vomit a little 👍🏻

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Clothes shopping in general, I absolutely loathe. I'm like Bart Simpson, I have a wardrobe full of the same outfit. I have about 20 black t-shirts... and the other colours are navy blue, charcoal grey and very dark green! 3 pairs of identical jeans as well. 

I only buy stuff for holidays or if i'm desperate, then i'll bulk buy. 

Is your surname Bean ?

Having had my life ruined by stomach issues that have basically made me question my entire mental well-being, I can sympathise with this page.

Edit - of course I'd get the page break as I said that. Of course.

Edited by Chindie
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Have you researched low FODMAP diets? My wife had surgery on her stomach years ago and has to follow the guidance on this. Onions and garlic for instance are bad. It's a nuisance, but you find ways to adjust - most Indians and Chinese can do food without onions and there is a spice called asafoetida that is garlic like or you can use garlic infused olive oils.

All well worth researching if you're struggling.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Chindie said:

More on topic.

Lunchtime meetings.

Loneliness.

Complete lack of fulfillment in life.

Never feeling comfortable with anything.

Willful self destructiveness.

Feeling stuck.

Have you ever read Hermann Hesse's "Steppenwolf"? Serious question. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

No, not one I know.

OK. It's slightly heavy going, but it's basically a philosophical novel about what being alone/a loner does to your head (in both positive and negative ways). I'm reading it at the moment, and aspects of it chimed with the current lockdown situation. I don't know how it ends up, so I'm not necessarily recommending it! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Have you researched low FODMAP diets? My wife had surgery on her stomach years ago and has to follow the guidance on this. Onions and garlic for instance are bad. It's a nuisance, but you find ways to adjust - most Indians and Chinese can do food without onions and there is a spice called asafoetida that is garlic like or you can use garlic infused olive oils.

All well worth researching if you're struggling.

Just to add some more on this point; I was luck enough to get a referral to a local dietician a couple of years ago after suffering with  similar issues (turns out onions and mangos are my issues).  Seems some of the Australian Universities are leading a lot of the research into FODMAPs.  (I had to go through 4 months of no fodmap-containing food, then adding 1 type of foodstuff back in for half a week, seeing if I had any complaints and then removing it and moving onto the next one).  I'll see if I can dig out my old booklets as there were about ~10 groups or so of sugars that could cause issues.

You should be able to infuse your own oils with garlic/onion (since FODMAPs are only dissolvable into water, not oil); so you'll be able to get the taste of whatever you infused without worrying about the after effects (though you'll have to deal with picking all the bits out of the oil afterwards).

11 hours ago, Seat68 said:

My wife has colitis, I have IBS. We have just moved into our first house with more than one toilet. 

The real reason for the move comes out!

• Like 1

Â