Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Presumably the answer for this point 2 is contained in your point 1? Normally governments try to do the persuasion thing before they pass the legislation because it provokes less backlash that way, but there's nothing to stop them doing it the other way round.

This isn't a government campaign though. It's a private charity. They are doing it, even though they've already won. Very much a rubbing in the face moment, is all I can see.

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

This isn't a government campaign though. It's a private charity. They are doing it, even though they've already won. Very much a rubbing in the face moment, is all I can see.

Fair point, though maybe there is some co-ordination between government and charity here?

Anyway, I can understand why you're annoyed, it's completely gratuitous. 

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Oh! And in other Polish government news, they're launching a new channel on their mouthpiece media called 'TVP Woman' where they teach women how to be good women

One of the comments :D

Reklama opowiada historię transpłciowej kobiety która po zobaczeniu uroków pozytywnej kobiecości uświadamia się o swojej płci i dokonuje transition po której jest w 100% akceptowana i wspierana przez inne kobiety.

The ad tells the story of a transgender woman who, after seeing the charms of positive femininity, becomes aware of her gender and makes a transition after which she is 100% accepted and supported by other women.

On 10/02/2021 at 18:54, Paddywhack said:

Driving home at lunchtime today, after picking up my son from nursery, I decided to take him to the park. We were walking on the slightly muddy path round by the pond when I stood aside to let a dog walker go past. She pointed at my feet and said “ooh are you okay? White trainers...”. I said “haha yeah it’s fine”.

Then, walking past a couple (probably in their 70s, both dressed in full hiking gear; big boots, backpacks and a both with a pair of hiking sticks), the woman said “Nice white trainers”.

Being polite, I replied “oh I know, I think I’ve made a mistake. I didn’t realise it’d be muddy”.

She said, “yes, snow and ice tends to melt you see. The paths then get muddy”. She carried on walking, using her sticks. Her husband looked at my feet, laughed, shook his head and then followed her.

1. It was spur of the moment, I didn’t know I was going to the park.

2. It really wasn’t that muddy, my white trainers are still very much white.

3. It was Leasowes Park in Halesowen. We weren’t in Snowdonia. I was dressed way more suitably than Edmund Hillary and his mardy faced wife.

Unless you are a rap artist then you shouldn't be wearing white trainers in any conditions  ... under the circumstances you got off lightly

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Unless you are a rap artist then you shouldn't be wearing white trainers in any conditions  ... under the circumstances you got off lightly

Trainers any other colour just don’t look right!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1

On 12/02/2021 at 09:15, lapal_fan said:

My biggest argument against these roadworks that go on for months, if not years is - why close so much of the motorway, when only a fraction of it is being worked on at any one time?

Some 50mph zone go on for 17 miles, you see activity in the first 2, then nothing!

Why not just slowly move the bite sized problem along the motorway as you've finished the last bit?  

I understand that surveys etc need to be done and sometimes they can require 100s of meters between points, but that's completely different to taking up 10+ miles of the M6!

Generally it isn't the length of the roadworks that causes the problem, its the merging of the lanes at the start

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

Trainers any other colour just don’t look right!

You should know by now that anything that looks remotely good or fashionable will be rejected by the middle aged VT fashion police

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You should know by now that anything that looks remotely good or fashionable will be rejected by the middle aged VT fashion police

@bickster wears spats over his trainers and epaulettes on his jacket and a Sam Fox unofficial 'Touch Me' t-shirt 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Back in the old days I used to laugh looking at the men in their new holiday trainers at the airport. Used to make me smile for some reason. Could be a British thing.

Got to get your £3 pair of white boat shoes from Primark mate! 

I think holidays are the only reason I buy footwear to be honest :lol:  

It's like the adult equivalent to buying school shoes every August.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Davkaus said:

A gentleman only wears sports shoes when engaged in exercise. 

For all other circumstances, its a nice pair of pepperpot brogues. 

• Like 2

Clothes shopping in general, I absolutely loathe. I'm like Bart Simpson, I have a wardrobe full of the same outfit. I have about 20 black t-shirts... and the other colours are navy blue, charcoal grey and very dark green! 3 pairs of identical jeans as well. 

I only buy stuff for holidays or if i'm desperate, then i'll bulk buy. 

• Like 3

Â