Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I see what you did there.. 

The shuttle said a busy road in Habberley, not a clue which one 

Do they have news now along with just adverts?

• Like 1

For the 3rd time in less than 6 months my wife whilst making a cake has **** up melting chocolate, too small a bowl too big a pan too much water... Water in the chocolate... 

She cannot grasp what getting water in the chocolate as it melts does to it

She's going absolutely mental and will be in a pissy mood now for the rest of the night 

• Haha 1

I'm seeing a trend. I've already complained on here about in the use of the noun 'bias' as an adjective (instead of 'biased'). Now I've started seeing 'cliché' used in the same way, instead of 'clichéd'. The world is going to hell. I'm going out to shout at clouds. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Phone rang earlier and it was my new mortgage lender.

”hello, we recall that you told us your home insurance is due in March, can we do you a quote?”

Me: Yeah, go on then if it’s quick as I’m about to join a meeting.

”I can’t do it now I just want to make an appointment, it’ll take about an hour”.

WTF, I can get about 100 quotes in about 5 minutes (my thought, I wasn’t so rude).

No thanks love.

The neighbours keep shovelling snow starting from some ungodly hour like 8am, well before I’d like to be awake, all throughout the days whilst it’s snowing, which it is, so they basically don’t stop. Shovel, shovel, shovel.

Why are they doing this? Well we had to go shopping today, so did I shovel the drive before leaving? Did I ****. Just ploughed right out of there and back in over my tracks when we got back.

So why are they spending hours every day constantly shovelling snow into massive piles? It can only be to piss off. I’ll have to get them back when they’re trying to sleep on Friday night by kicking a football at their cars.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

The neighbours keep shovelling snow starting from some ungodly hour like 8am, well before I’d like to be awake, all throughout the days whilst it’s snowing, which it is, so they basically don’t stop. Shovel, shovel, shovel.

Why are they doing this? Well we had to go shopping today, so did I shovel the drive before leaving? Did I ****. Just ploughed right out of there and back in over my tracks when we got back.

So why are they spending hours every day constantly shovelling snow into massive piles? It can only be to piss off. I’ll have to get them back when they’re trying to sleep on Friday night by kicking a football at their cars.

Its definitely a polish thing. 

My partner's dad can spend 3 hours a day unsnowing the paths outside the house even though we aren't going out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Different topic. Fancied a change of pace in the shower. Went for the Mrs' smelly stuff. Opened up the Ce Soir body scrub, rubbed it all over. A bit pebbly but it's ok, its smelly and fancy. As I'm scrubbing, I notice the Ce Soir shower gel staring at me. 

Still got gravel in my arse  

On 04/02/2021 at 18:05, Seat68 said:

There is a statue of Les Dawson in St Annes. I must have walked past it 50 times and never thought for a second it was Les Dawson ...Not convinced the artist had ever seen a picture of Les Dawson though.

TBF, half of St Annes look like the statue.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Driving home at lunchtime today, after picking up my son from nursery, I decided to take him to the park. We were walking on the slightly muddy path round by the pond when I stood aside to let a dog walker go past. She pointed at my feet and said “ooh are you okay? White trainers...”. I said “haha yeah it’s fine”.

Then, walking past a couple (probably in their 70s, both dressed in full hiking gear; big boots, backpacks and a both with a pair of hiking sticks), the woman said “Nice white trainers”.

Being polite, I replied “oh I know, I think I’ve made a mistake. I didn’t realise it’d be muddy”.

She said, “yes, snow and ice tends to melt you see. The paths then get muddy”. She carried on walking, using her sticks. Her husband looked at my feet, laughed, shook his head and then followed her.

1. It was spur of the moment, I didn’t know I was going to the park.

2. It really wasn’t that muddy, my white trainers are still very much white.

3. It was Leasowes Park in Halesowen. We weren’t in Snowdonia. I was dressed way more suitably than Edmund Hillary and his mardy faced wife.

They were giving you sagely fashion advice, forget the mud, its a distraction

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Driving home at lunchtime today, after picking up my son from nursery, I decided to take him to the park. We were walking on the slightly muddy path round by the pond when I stood aside to let a dog walker go past. She pointed at my feet and said “ooh are you okay? White trainers...”. I said “haha yeah it’s fine”.

Then, walking past a couple (probably in their 70s, both dressed in full hiking gear; big boots, backpacks and a both with a pair of hiking sticks), the woman said “Nice white trainers”.

Being polite, I replied “oh I know, I think I’ve made a mistake. I didn’t realise it’d be muddy”.

She said, “yes, snow and ice tends to melt you see. The paths then get muddy”. She carried on walking, using her sticks. Her husband looked at my feet, laughed, shook his head and then followed her.

1. It was spur of the moment, I didn’t know I was going to the park.

2. It really wasn’t that muddy, my white trainers are still very much white.

3. It was Leasowes Park in Halesowen. We weren’t in Snowdonia. I was dressed way more suitably than Edmund Hillary and his mardy faced wife.

Were you wearing socks, at least?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

She said, “yes, snow and ice tends to melt you see. The paths then get muddy”.

**** muddy snowball in the face at that point.

• Like 1

Â