Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

This is what my wife keeps telling me about spinach. She loves it, I consider it to be the green vomit of Satan. Don't think I'd get it to my mouth before the stink triggered my gag reflex. 

Ain't gonna happen. 

Do you eat Indian food? Get yourself a Saag / Saagwala. I would never eat spinach but it’s bloody lovely in these curries.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Nah. As it happens, I love blue cheese, but I can easily see why some people don't. 

The one that baffles me is people who don't like chocolate. 

I don't "dislike" chocolate, but I wouldn't say I particularly like it. I can't remember the last time I had any - maybe months ago someone brought some quality street or celebrations into work when they were birthdaying or leaving or whatever. It's a bit take it or leave it with me, Though if I do have one choc, I'll usually have another couple if there's any that aren't the horrible ones (like the ones with toffee, or coffee inside them).

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Do you eat Indian food? Get yourself a Saag / Saagwala. I would never eat spinach but it’s bloody lovely in these curries.

Are you new here? I frequently rant about how overrated curry is. Yes, I eat it occasionally, but under duress - the wife cooks one occasionally, and I'll go out to an Indian restaurant maybe twice a year with friends, purely to be sociable. I wouldn't go so far as to say I hate it, but I take little pleasure from the experience. I genuinely think they all taste much the same, I dislike the heat (paradoxically, I'm fine with Mexican food), the way it makes me sweat, and worst of all, the lingering stale taste in the mouth that's still there the next morning. I genuinely wouldn't care if I never ate another one for the rest of my life (unfortunately, I will). Spinach curry would be the ultimate shitstorm. Just... no. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

You’ve no doubt answered it many times before @mjmooney, but how are you with samosas, bhajees and the like?

Ah, I don't mind them so much. Still just an occasional thing, though. And I still wouldn't miss them if they ceased to exist. 

• Thanks 1

Pissed off at myself.

The coca cola advert where (for those who havent seen it) the off shore rig worker leaves his house, his lil girl runs after him with a letter for Santa. He forgets to post it on the rig, goes on a power dinghy to catch the post boat; a whale knocks him out of his boat, ends up cast ashore, makes his way to Santa's house only to find it locked up for xmas. He then catches a ride back home from the coca cola lorry, has the letter handed back to him, so he opens it and sees that what his daughter wanted was "daddy home for xmas".....

....and there's me shouting at the telly that thanks to you ya stupid brat, he very nearly didn't come home !! But no, all he does is smile at his lil girl FFS !!

I am annoyed for not NOT giving a toss about a stupid advert 😡

Edited by mottaloo
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Pissed off at myself.

The coca cola advert where (for those who havent seen it) the off shore rig worker leaves his house, his lil girl runs after him with a letter for Santa. He forgets to post it on the rig, goes on a power dinghy to catch the post boat; a whale knocks him out of his boat, ends up cast ashore, makes his way to Santa's house only to find it locked up for xmas. He then catches a ride back home from the coca cola lorry, has the letter handed back to him, so he opens it and sees that what his daughter wanted was "daddy home for xmas".....

....and there's me shouting at the telly that thanks to you ya stupid brat, he very nearly didn't come home !! But no, all he does is smile at his lil girl FFS !!

I am annoyed for not NOT giving a toss about a stupid advert 😡

People who ruin the coca cola advert for me by not using spoiler tags

:trollface:

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, sidcow said:

**** McDonald's **** drive through.  Bunch of absolute ****. 

I am so **** sick of them.  Makes me so **** angry. 

You've got a **** list of items.  There are not may **** items on the **** list. You've got a **** bag. 

The ONLY thing you have to do is put that small number of things on the **** list into the **** bag.  That's it.  I'm not asking you to re-design a **** car engine or formulate a new blend of rocket **** fuel for the next moon rockets. 

Just put a few **** things off a small **** list into a **** bag. 

So why the **** is it that every **** time I use the drive through there is something I have **** well paid for not in the **** bag? 

HOW **** HARD CAN IT BE? SERIOUSLY HOW **** HARD? 

I would LOVE to know how much money McDonald's earn each year by not giving people food they have **** well paid for. 

I worked at McDonald's for 18 months when I was at college.  The busy one in Town. On Saturday afternoons I used to run around like a **** loon trying to get through the mammoth queues which went from counter to door all afternoon long.  It was proper high pressure and I almost never had someone complaining that I'd missed something out of their order.  Why? Because I had a **** list of their order in front of me. 

We would get slaughtered by management of we sauntered around like they do today and anything other than a carefully folded bag neatly presented to the customer would result in a proper bollocking.   Now they just thrust an open bag at you with half the **** food missing. 

I **** hate them.... Representatives for Wellingborough. 

U ok hun? xx

Seriously though, I do feel your pain from when I used to use drive thrus. The answer is to check your bag before driving away - might add 30 seconds on but definitely worth it due to the high percentage of **** ups that happen 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

**** McDonald's **** drive through.  Bunch of absolute ****. 

I am so **** sick of them.  Makes me so **** angry. 

You've got a **** list of items.  There are not may **** items on the **** list. You've got a **** bag. 

The ONLY thing you have to do is put that small number of things on the **** list into the **** bag.  That's it.  I'm not asking you to re-design a **** car engine or formulate a new blend of rocket **** fuel for the next moon rockets. 

Just put a few **** things off a small **** list into a **** bag. 

So why the **** is it that every **** time I use the drive through there is something I have **** well paid for not in the **** bag? 

HOW **** HARD CAN IT BE? SERIOUSLY HOW **** HARD? 

I would LOVE to know how much money McDonald's earn each year by not giving people food they have **** well paid for. 

I worked at McDonald's for 18 months when I was at college.  The busy one in Town. On Saturday afternoons I used to run around like a **** loon trying to get through the mammoth queues which went from counter to door all afternoon long.  It was proper high pressure and I almost never had someone complaining that I'd missed something out of their order.  Why? Because I had a **** list of their order in front of me. 

We would get slaughtered by management of we sauntered around like they do today and anything other than a carefully folded bag neatly presented to the customer would result in a proper bollocking.   Now they just thrust an open bag at you with half the **** food missing. 

I **** hate them.... Representatives for Wellingborough. 

I’ve probably had 2 correct orders given to me in McDonalds out of the last 20 orders.

Most of the time it’s the “no ice” they forget, “no mayo” seems to be another difficult one.

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I’ve probably had 2 correct orders given to me in McDonalds out of the last 20 orders.

Most of the time it’s the “no ice” they forget, “no mayo” seems to be another difficult one.

No mate, I am taking about a whole item, today a 5 chicken select box, last time a quarter pounder with cheese, before that a mcchicken sandwich, before that 9 nuggets. 

Every **** time. 

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

So to recap, 18 times in your last 20 visits you didn’t get what you paid for.

And you kept going back?

That there, that’s the **** business model we all dream of.

Its like crack - very moorish. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

So to recap, 18 times in your last 20 visits you didn’t get what you paid for.

And you kept going back?

That there, that’s the **** business model we all dream of.

What? So we should try **** Burger King with their make believe chargrill nonsense.  I'd rather have half a McDonalds if it's all the same. 

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Its like crack - very moorish. 

I used to eat McDonald's pretty much every week when I got off the tube pissed up. After not eating it for a few months during the first lockdown I went back and was very underwhelmed. 

Â