Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I agree with @Xela, McDonald’s is basically legalised crack. The more you have it, the more you want it. I used to go regularly, even to the point of stopping at drive throughs for a cheeky double cheeseburger every time I passed one. 

Since March, I haven’t been once. I’ve kicked the addiction and will now never eat it again. The thing that’s pissing me off about the place now is the ridiculous queues that block the local retail parks when I want to collect a parcel. Sometimes 50 odd cars queuing all the out of the retail park and back to the dual carriageway. How desperate must you be to wait in that, just to get a quick hit of salt, sugar and cholesterol. Probably better of scoring a 0.2 of crack tbh. Can’t be much worse for your heart. 

• Like 1

I went to McDonalds a couple of Fridays ago and it was chaos, and I really mean chaos. It was so busy they had some traffic supervisors who had placed cones down the middle of the road outside meaning you couldn’t turn right into the car park. You had to carry on and then find somewhere to turn around and come back on the left. Then once on the left the queue went right up the road outside. 
Then obviously if you wanted to turn right after buying your food you couldn’t because of the cones. 
The police were there too. Absolute madness for a burger and fries.

• Like 2

I have a waistline to suggest I am well acquainted with McDonalds but might use it once or twice a year maybe. That said never once had an incorrect order. Ifuess I have been lucky.

Years back I used to park at One Stop when going to VP and as I was invariably early popped into the KFC situated at the far end of the car park. One time I popped in, waited in line, approached the perspex screen and ordered. The response from the young lady was a huge tut, and aggressively barking at me “did I arks you”?, sorry? “Did I arks you for your order”? Erm no, sorry. 3 minutes of sighing, huffing and guffing around and she says what do you want. I swear I have no idea why she took a massive dislike to me. I didn’t return. 

9 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

So to recap, 18 times in your last 20 visits you didn’t get what you paid for.

And you kept going back?

That there, that’s the **** business model we all dream of.

It does appear that McDonalds have hit upon a moderately successful business model.  I can see that company going places. 

• Like 1

I actually think McDonalds are in a mess. 5 years ago they were always extremely well run and organised. Now they seem like they’re all over the place. I’m sure the money is still going through the tills nicely though.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I went to McDonalds a couple of Fridays ago and it was chaos, and I really mean chaos. It was so busy they had some traffic supervisors who had placed cones down the middle of the road outside meaning you couldn’t turn right into the car park. You had to carry on and then find somewhere to turn around and come back on the left. Then once on the left the queue went right up the road outside. 
Then obviously if you wanted to turn right after buying your food you couldn’t because of the cones. 
The police were there too. Absolute madness for a burger and fries.

the one in kidderminster near the viaduct is currently closing that side of town down from what i can gather, brilliant bit of planning to open up the new road to the new estate and send even more people down that way

im not someone who criticises people who eat at mcdonalds, personally "american muck" is my favourite food category, and i can kind of understand the lockdown being shit and people wanting the treat - but sitting in a drive through queue for 30 mins to an hour is mind blowing to me

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

I actually think McDonalds are in a mess. 5 years ago they were always extremely well run and organised. Now they seem like they’re all over the place. I’m sure the money is still going through the tills nicely though.

i only go to mcdonalds, BK, KFC etc based on their current specials, i dont go there for a big mac, and for me personally they've lost all inspiration, they are churning out cheaper and cheaper "specials" which are the same things, burger, bacon, cheese, salad, new sauce, new bun, the signature range is also shite*, they havent done anything decent since the big tasty which was 2003 according to wiki, even the xmas range this year is just a double big mac, its boring

you then see somewhere like han bao in worcester putting huge amounts of efforts in to new flavours and combos and i am leaning towards that instead

* ze germans currently have a signature special which is avocado and king prawns on top of the burger...cant moan too much though they also have the mcrib on the regular menu

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

im not someone who criticises people who eat at mcdonalds, personally "american muck" is my favourite food category, and i can kind of understand the lockdown being shit and people wanting the treat - but sitting in a drive through queue for 30 mins to an hour is mind blowing to me

When they first re-opened after lockdown it was hours people were queueing for. Absolutely mental. I'd say 10 minutes would be the absolute maximum i'd wait, but saying that, I haven't been to a drive thru in years. The very few times I frequent the place, I tend to go in and order at the counter as a) Its in a city centre (Lichfield central one) or b) its generally quicker (Bassets Pole). 

I think I had a breakfast there in January and thats been it. Perhaps went 5 times the year before. As @Sam-AVFC said, its more of a pit stop after a skinful of beers in town and I need food otherwise i'm going to barf. 

As @Genie mentioned, the one in Tamworth is absurd. I couldn't imagine more chaos if it was a bank giving out free money! 

• Like 2

My kids rave on about Five Guys. 

I don't get it.  Yes it is possibly better than McDonalds, but only by fine margins. Yet because the leave the skin on their fries and chuck half of them into the bag instead of the fries container they feel they can charge double the price. 

I don't mind paying more for quality but they are just pretending to be quality. 

Edited by sidcow

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

McDonalds are useful in the taxi trade, they serve cheap (shit) coffee and have toilets.

When I worked there I marvelled that anyone would drink the coffee. It was a horror show, much worse than you could get from a vending machine. 

I think it is better now but I've never tried it. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

When I worked there I marvelled that anyone would drink the coffee. It was a horror show, much worse than you could get from a vending machine. 

I think it is better now but I've never tried it. 

It's not great but at 3am and you need to keep awake, it serves its purpose, then an hour later you need to go back to recycle it in the bogs

Â