Things that piss you off that shouldn't

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

12:40 Soviet Gymnastics Spectacular

I remember my Grandad specifically insisting this be taped on the MASSIVE VHS machine my mother had borrowed from school for Xmas.

It meant he could go down the pub until Xmas dinner was ready and then watch the wonders of communist athletes until it was time for tea

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

You should see ITVs offering. My life. 

The Queen followed by You've Been Framed 🤣.  New Year's Eve is a big let down on BBC1 too - Paddy followed by Graham and Alicia Keys? 

1 minute ago, bickster said:

I remember my Grandad specifically insisting this be taped on the MASSIVE VHS machine my mother had borrowed from school for Xmas.

I still remember an Oasis gig from 97 I think (G-mex, great gig) and in an interview beforehand Noel saying that his family were watching on TV at home and he said they needed to make sure it was taped and rewound ready for him to watch when he got home.

I don’t think of Oasis being an old band, but it was still millionaire rock stars taping off the TV era so obviously they were.

2 hours ago, bickster said:

It meant he could go down the pub until Xmas dinner was ready and then watch the wonders of communist athletes until it was time for tea

My dad was a coach driver (see, I said I was proper roots working class) and he always got the London gigs taking people to see the Russian gymnasts doing exhibition stuff up that London. He loved it. Then we all had to watch it whenever it was on the telly.

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Whoah... whoah... whoah...Depends which one. Some of the greatest films ever were B&Ws from the 1950s. 

I’ve been back and had another look - I confess I’d presumed it was black n white, it’s actually 1959 Technicolor, Walt Disney’s ‘Third Man On A Mountain’, a tale about a boy climbing an Alp.

Just now, chrisp65 said:

I’ve been back and had another look - I confess I’d presumed it was black n white, it’s actually 1959 Technicolor, Walt Disney’s ‘Third Man On A Mountain’, a tale about a boy climbing an Alp.

OK, not exactly Twelve Angry Men or A Bout de Souffle. 

• Like 2

On 30/11/2020 at 13:10, Seat68 said:

Unsure if there are any software testers in here but wrangling users for UAT is **** soul destroying. They don’t care, they want to do their day job, they don’t give a **** about deadlines. I hate it. I hate sending the email just checking in on how you are doing. I know how they are **** doing as no data has been created. I would abolish it. I have completed SIT now **** you. Release it to Production. 

We went live on a new platform recently. Our existing platform for UK and NWE (non Germany) is pretty mature and the users kinda know what they're doing but the new one (Zee Germans) my word... They know nothing.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, bickster said:

Living alone, I imagine I will take solace over Xmas by watching videos of flexible soviet women as well. 

29 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Admittedly it was taken from Twitter! 
Had me chuckling too and now want to watch Strictly Kung Fuing :D 

Celebrity Kung Fu Gruffalo is my highlight, it promises to be one hell of a show. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â