Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I used to go for a large Big Mac meal, double cheeseburger, some of those cheese melt things rounded of with a volcanic apple pie. **** knows how many calories are in that lot, but it felt good eating it. 

ImmediateHelpfulHarborporpoise-max-1mb.g

That is some order!

I think the last thing I had was a chicken legend meal with a milkshake and a 'cheeseburger. Nice but far too much salt in the food. My mouth was drier than a camel's hoof afterwards 

• Like 1

Just now, Xela said:

ImmediateHelpfulHarborporpoise-max-1mb.g

That is some order!

I think the last thing I had was a chicken legend meal with a milkshake and a 'cheeseburger. Nice but far too much salt in the food. My mouth was drier than a camel's hoof afterwards 

That fat kid in the gif would have no chance against me in an eating contest.

I hear what you’re saying about the salt though, it’s not great. I’m at the point now where I’m ready to never eat McDonald’s again... apart from the double sausage McMuffin, I’ll be having some of that next time I’m on the way to an airport at 5am 😋

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Nowt wrong with that.

Alphabites or mini potatoe waffles with some beans 👌 

Are the beans in a separate pot? :ph34r:

Swap the beans for sweetcorn and i'll join you! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Going back to an earlier point, I have to agree with the point that Maccy D's coffee isn't too bad at all. I prefer it to Costa/Starucks

Five Guys - ok, much more filling than other burger places and they give you a lot of fries. Been about 3 or 4 years since I last had one. 

Nandos - chicken and chips aimed at 14yo girls and moped robbers.  

Subway - 🤮 - the smell! 

• Like 1

Imo Cafe Nero has the best coffee, followed by Costa and as a last resort, Starbucks whose coffee is very weak and tepid in temperature.

As for McDonald’s coffee, it’s not bad especially considering the decent price.

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Don't get me **** started on Nando's. I can feel another **** rant coming on just thinking about them. 

Ah you have to like Nando's. What's wrong with Nando's?

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

I went to a Nando’s once, i was taken there by a work colleague who was raving about it.

Well, I wasn’t best pleased at being taken somewhere for lunch where I literally had to queue outside before I was allowed in. Eventually we got in, got shown to a table and then it turns out you then go and queue at a counter to order your food!

There was clearly some terrible misunderstanding, I was under the impression I was a paying customer in a restaurant in the service sector, they were under the impression I was to be processed through the system of queues most convenient for them to relieve me of my money.

I left. No idea what their food is like.

This sums up my one and only visit. Premium prices for a chunk of chicken in a cafeteria. 

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I went to a Nando’s once, i was taken there by a work colleague who was raving about it.

Well, I wasn’t best pleased at being taken somewhere for lunch where I literally had to queue outside before I was allowed in. Eventually we got in, got shown to a table and then it turns out you then go and queue at a counter to order your food!

There was clearly some terrible misunderstanding, I was under the impression I was a paying customer in a restaurant in the service sector, they were under the impression I was to be processed through the system of queues most convenient for them to relieve me of my money.

I left. No idea what their food is like.

Sshhh, I'm just trying to trigger a rant. I think Nando's is shite.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The trouble with Nando’s is that people go on about it so much that by the time you go for the first visit you’re like, ‘what, so it’s just chicken and chips?!’

I like Nando’s, but you have to judge it by its own merits, if you go there expecting something mind blowing you will be let down.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

The trouble with Nando’s is that people go on about it so much that by the time you go for the first visit you’re like, ‘what, so it’s just chicken and chips?!’

I like Nando’s, but you have to judge it by its own merits, if you go there expecting something mind blowing you will be let down.

I think they're all the same personally, they have a limited shelf life, frankie and bennies 20 years ago was something different, then chiquitos, then pizza express, then handmade burgers, then nandos, turtle Bay, etc etc

The problem is the restaurants go really stale, they do pretty much nothing to stay fresh, instead they're replaced by the next one in line, which at the moment seems to be whoever does well in the food hall environment, digbeth dining club et al is the future, small and easier to make changes and diversify a bit according to seasons etc

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I had the pleasure of experiencing them relatively early into their life so I missed most of the bewildering hype.  There was some, but it wasn't too bad. So I was able to fairly objectively decide that they were a very over-priced chicken shop with notions, and their sauces are mediocre at best. I could, and probably will, easily avoid going to Nando's ever again. Nothing particularly against them other than the above. There's just so many more out there who do fast food better than they do if you want to be pwopah norty.  Five Guys for example. Yeah all dead trendy and over-priced and all. But I feel properly disgustingly fat with a big smile on my face when I come out of there, and that's what it's all about :D

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think they're all the same personally, they have a limited shelf life, frankie and bennies 20 years ago was something different, then chiquitos, then pizza express, then handmade burgers, then nandos, turtle Bay, etc etc

One older chain that I like occasionally is TGI's. Every now and again, its lovely. Same as Hard Rock. 

It used to be a tradition for me and lads to visit a Hard Rock n every country we travelled to. Reasonable food, a wide alcohol menu and cover bands playing Led Zep, Pink Floyd, the Who, etc. Always a good way to start a night out. The one in Lan Kwai Fong on HK Island is a particular fave.

Oh and Hooters as well...:ph34r:

Edited by Xela
I was being thick
  • Like 1

They used to have a brilliant mailing list rewards, saved a lot of money on food in there over the years (only to pile it all back in to the cocktails 🤦‍♂️

I'm the same with hard Rock, go in get a guitar fridge magnet, eat the "local burger" good cocktails there too*

Its not haute cuisine but you know exactly what it is, never had a bad one that's for sure 

*I know we're obviously all big burly menly men covered in hair who are in to football and beer but sometimes you can't beat a good cocktail session 

Â