Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

That 5G advert with Rita Ora is in with Kevin Bacon is shit. 

If I wanted to watch a private performance from Rita doing one of her songs, I’d want to actually see her and not some computer game version that looks like we’ve barely moved on from “Cyberzone”, the short lived Craig Charles fronted virtual reality show from the early nineties.

3 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

That 5G advert with Rita Ora is in with Kevin Bacon is shit. 

If I wanted to watch a private performance from Rita doing one of her songs, I’d want to actually see her and not some computer game version that looks like we’ve barely moved on from “Cyberzone”, the short lived Craig Charles fronted virtual reality show from the early nineties.

I almost posted this myself. What’s the point? Is it somehow showing you what you can stream on 5G? It would be fine on 4G or WiFi. 

Hmmm, I randomly looked up 1977 as ‘the good old days’:

9:30am Noel Edmonds Celebrity Pop Swap Shop

11:00am GI Blues (an Elvis movie from 1960)

12:40 Soviet Gymnastics Spectacular

1:30 Film: White Christmas (1954 b/w)

3:25 Highlights from the Queen’s Silver Jubilee (2 **** hours of it)

5:25 The News

6:00 Britain’s Talented Pets with Esther Rantzen

6:30 another **** 1950’s black and **** white film

8:15 The **** Duchess of **** Duke **** Street

9:00 Dick **** Emery

10 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

You should see ITVs offering. My life. 

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Hmmm, I randomly looked up 1977 as ‘the good old days’:

9:30am Noel Edmonds Celebrity Pop Swap Shop

11:00am GI Blues (an Elvis movie from 1960)

1:30 Film: White Christmas (1954 b/w)

3:25 Highlights from the Queen’s Silver Jubilee (2 **** hours of it)

5:25 The News

6:00 Britain’s Talented Pets with Esther Rantzen

8:15 The **** Duchess of **** Duke **** Street

9:00 Dick **** Emery

Is this what itv’s schedule looks like @Seat68?

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Whoah... whoah... whoah...Depends which one. Some of the greatest films ever were B&Ws from the 1950s. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I remember my Grandad specifically insisting this be taped on the MASSIVE VHS machine my mother had borrowed from school for Xmas.

It meant he could go down the pub until Xmas dinner was ready and then watch the wonders of communist athletes until it was time for tea

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

You should see ITVs offering. My life. 

The Queen followed by You've Been Framed 🤣.  New Year's Eve is a big let down on BBC1 too - Paddy followed by Graham and Alicia Keys? 

1 minute ago, bickster said:

I remember my Grandad specifically insisting this be taped on the MASSIVE VHS machine my mother had borrowed from school for Xmas.

I still remember an Oasis gig from 97 I think (G-mex, great gig) and in an interview beforehand Noel saying that his family were watching on TV at home and he said they needed to make sure it was taped and rewound ready for him to watch when he got home.

I don’t think of Oasis being an old band, but it was still millionaire rock stars taping off the TV era so obviously they were.

2 hours ago, bickster said:

It meant he could go down the pub until Xmas dinner was ready and then watch the wonders of communist athletes until it was time for tea

My dad was a coach driver (see, I said I was proper roots working class) and he always got the London gigs taking people to see the Russian gymnasts doing exhibition stuff up that London. He loved it. Then we all had to watch it whenever it was on the telly.

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Whoah... whoah... whoah...Depends which one. Some of the greatest films ever were B&Ws from the 1950s. 

I’ve been back and had another look - I confess I’d presumed it was black n white, it’s actually 1959 Technicolor, Walt Disney’s ‘Third Man On A Mountain’, a tale about a boy climbing an Alp.

Just now, chrisp65 said:

I’ve been back and had another look - I confess I’d presumed it was black n white, it’s actually 1959 Technicolor, Walt Disney’s ‘Third Man On A Mountain’, a tale about a boy climbing an Alp.

OK, not exactly Twelve Angry Men or A Bout de Souffle. 

• Like 2

Â