Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

On 30/11/2020 at 13:10, Seat68 said:

Unsure if there are any software testers in here but wrangling users for UAT is **** soul destroying. They don’t care, they want to do their day job, they don’t give a **** about deadlines. I hate it. I hate sending the email just checking in on how you are doing. I know how they are **** doing as no data has been created. I would abolish it. I have completed SIT now **** you. Release it to Production. 

We went live on a new platform recently. Our existing platform for UK and NWE (non Germany) is pretty mature and the users kinda know what they're doing but the new one (Zee Germans) my word... They know nothing.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bickster said:

I remember my Grandad specifically insisting this be taped on the MASSIVE VHS machine my mother had borrowed from school for Xmas.

It meant he could go down the pub until Xmas dinner was ready and then watch the wonders of communist athletes until it was time for tea

Living alone, I imagine I will take solace over Xmas by watching videos of flexible soviet women as well. 

30 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Anybody takes a screenshot of me at a virtual christmas party and posts it on social media I am reporting to the police.

I feel a bit like that. I’ve had people at work wanting to take photos of me so they can promote whatever it is I’m doing at the time on the business social media accounts. Kinda pisses me off, I’m not on Snapchat, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter etc.. for a reason. I don’t want my face plastered all over it without my consent. It’s happening loads on MS Teams this year, people slyly taking screenshots then plastering them all over LinkedIn. Wish they’d all just feck off. 

I guess that makes me a grumpy clearing in the woods, but like all grumpy clearings in the woods, I don’t care. 

13 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I feel a bit like that. I’ve had people at work wanting to take photos of me so they can promote whatever it is I’m doing at the time on the business social media accounts. Kinda pisses me off, I’m not on Snapchat, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter etc.. for a reason. I don’t want my face plastered all over it without my consent. It’s happening loads on MS Teams this year, people slyly taking screenshots then plastering them all over LinkedIn. Wish they’d all just feck off. 

I guess that makes me a grumpy clearing in the woods, but like all grumpy clearings in the woods, I don’t care. 

GDPR issue and your employer is responsible / liable

11 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Yeah, it’s fine if the people being photographed have consented, but I know of plenty that haven’t. 

This has been going on long enough and companies should, even if they didn't have a coherent policy at the start of the first lockdown should have one by now.

You would imagine that this is already included in any Social Media Policy they already have anyway but if you are on a work Zoom thang and someone screenshots it, then distributes it via SM, that is a clear breach of the GDPR and your employer is the controller of that data

The problem with all this is, can you be arsed with a) the grief of reporting it to your employer and b) dealing with the fall out including the potential that it could cost other people their jobs

If it were me, I'd approach it with the attitude, look this isn't on but what has happened has happened but I think the company need to make clear to all employees this isn't acceptable or legal behaviour

Consent doesn't really come into it. Consent is a very weak basis for having any data, consent can always be withdrawn afterwards (and that is then a huge ballache).

15 minutes ago, bickster said:

GDPR issue and your employer is responsible / liable

GDPR issue yes. It's not clear it's the employer that's liable in any way though. It comes down to whether the breach by the employee was, or could reasonably be construed as, a part of their duties.

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

GDPR issue yes. It's not clear it's the employer that's liable in any way though. It comes down to whether the breach by the employee was, or could reasonably be construed as, a part of their duties.

It's very clear, the Employer IS the data controller of such data and as such the responsibility very much does lie with them. The Data Controller is always liable for the actions of its employees

This isn't even a grey area in a field that is full of grey areas

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Yes but yours will be wearing pearl necklaces not gold medals

Not gold medals but maybe something golden will cover their face :ph34r:

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

This has been going on long enough and companies should, even if they didn't have a coherent policy at the start of the first lockdown should have one by now.

You would imagine that this is already included in any Social Media Policy they already have anyway but if you are on a work Zoom thang and someone screenshots it, then distributes it via SM, that is a clear breach of the GDPR and your employer is the controller of that data

The problem with all this is, can you be arsed with a) the grief of reporting it to your employer and b) dealing with the fall out including the potential that it could cost other people their jobs

If it were me, I'd approach it with the attitude, look this isn't on but what has happened has happened but I think the company need to make clear to all employees this isn't acceptable or legal behaviour

Consent doesn't really come into it. Consent is a very weak basis for having any data, consent can always be withdrawn afterwards (and that is then a huge ballache).

That’s the crux of it, I really can’t be bothered to take it further. I’ve got enough on without getting involved in things like this. I do speak to our in-house lawyer occasionally so I might mention it (with no names) and see what she thinks. There is a social media policy which should cover this, but a reminder from her of what’s acceptable and not, wouldn’t go amiss. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

It's very clear, the Employer IS the data controller of such data and as such the responsibility very much does lie with them.

They don't own the data on LinkedIn. They are not liable for extracurricular GDPR violations that employees carry out outside the remit of their role. This is fairly recent case law. 

• Like 1

Â