Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Reading this I think I'm going to go buy some McDonald's... Shares. 

I don't eat there often and am usually disappointed when I do but used to love it. 

I wish they'd be a bit more imaginative with their Christmas specials. I am mean how hard is it to make a  turkey and Cranberry sauce burger or something even slightly Christmas related... Bloody Jamaican Jerk Chicken burgers. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

When I worked there I marvelled that anyone would drink the coffee. It was a horror show, much worse than you could get from a vending machine. 

I think it is better now but I've never tried it. 

The McDonald's coffee is better than Starbucks/Costa coffee because they clean their filters more regularly and use fresher grounds.

It's true because TV told me about 8 years ago.

But yea, the quality of coffee at McDonald's is meant to be higher than the coffee houses in most cases. 

McDonald's is alright, once a month type deal for me, but a meal doesn't fill me because I'm a greedy word removed. 🤷‍♂️

5 guys I've been to three times, I had a hotdog the first time - that was ok, but overpriced for what is essentially a rollover hotdog.

Burger the second time - absolutely shit - the bun was so great my fingers went through it like tissue, appalling.

I then went a third time because others wanted it and I though it could have been a one off - nah - exactly the same, buns are atrocious, chips aren't seasoned and you get WAY too many of them, even if you order regular, not large.  Pretty foul.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

McDonald's is alright, once a month type deal for me, but a meal doesn't fill me because I'm a greedy word removed. 🤷‍♂️

nuggets side

and anyone who takes 6 rather than 9 needs there head checking, 5% cost increase for 50% more food, no brainer 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

My kids rave on about Five Guys. 

I don't get it.  Yes it is possibly better than McDonalds, but only by fine margins. Yet because the leave the skin on their fries and chuck half of them into the bag instead of the fries container they feel they can charge double the price. 

I don't mind paying more for quality but they are just pretending to be quality. 

The high quality burger place is Smash Burger IMO.

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

My kids rave on about Five Guys. 

I don't get it.  Yes it is possibly better than McDonalds, but only by fine margins. Yet because the leave the skin on their fries and chuck half of them into the bag instead of the fries container they feel they can charge double the price. 

I don't mind paying more for quality but they are just pretending to be quality. 

Five Guys, Westfield, is strictly for when I can use the company card.

It does taste more like food than the others.

But it’s still basically a salty burger in a sugary bun.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

McDonald's coffee is better than Starbucks/Costa coffee because they clean their filters more regularly and use fresher grounds.

It's true because TV told me about 8 years ago.

But yea, the quality of coffee at McDonald's is meant to be higher than the coffee houses in most cases. 

When she was in her 70s, my Mum used to make a point of going to McDonalds, purely for the coffee. 

Personally, I prefer Starbucks. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I went to Nando’s once to see what the fuss was about. It’s just a shit version of KFC but twice the price.

Don't get me **** started on Nando's. I can feel another **** rant coming on just thinking about them. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â