Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

What am I talking about. I mean Hard Rock for the cocktails and music! I do like TGI's but also like Hard Rock as well. The HK one is a Hard Rock Cafe. I've only had one drink today and I'm confused! :lol:

Whats that blue cocktail they serve called? Blue Devil? Used to cane them! When its 30 degrees at night, an iced slush cocktail is just what you need! 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

One older chain that I like occasionally is TGI's. Every now and again, its lovely. It used to be a tradition for me and lads to visit one in every country we travelled to. Reasonable food, a wide alcohol menu and cover bands playing Led Zep, Pink Floyd, the Who, etc. Always a good way to start a night out. The one in Lan Kwai Fong on HK Island is a particular fave.

Oh and Hooters as well...:ph34r:

My Dad and I went into a Hooters in Florida and genuinely neither of us realised that it was called Hooters because you get served by top-heavy lovelies, we just saw the owl in the logo on the sign.  He's quite a conservative bloke and we aren't the kind of family to bond over that kind of thing, it was a bit like when you're watching a film with your parents and there's an unexpected sex scene, it was pretty painful.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Ah you have to like Nando's. What's wrong with Nando's?

As @Xela said, it's just Chicken and Chips with a bit of spicy sauce that costs a horrendous amount of money.  It baffles me why its so popular. 

I once had a chicken burger there, one of the worst eating experiences of my life and was about the size of those mini kiddies burgers Burger King used to sell. 

We once won a free meal there.  Once I had paid for the not included drinks and sides and puddings I was still somehow paying £30 for a "free" meal. 

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

My Dad and I went into a Hooters in Florida and genuinely neither of us realised that it was called Hooters because you get served by top-heavy lovelies, we just saw the owl in the logo on the sign.  He's quite a conservative bloke and we aren't the kind of family to bond over that kind of thing, it was a bit like when you're watching a film with your parents and there's an unexpected sex scene, it was pretty painful.  

We walked past one in Florida and my daughter (8) said “let’s have a photo outside Dad pointing at our noses” :lol: 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

As @Xela said, it's just Chicken and Chips with a bit of spicy sauce that costs a horrendous amount of money.  It baffles me why its so popular. 

I once had a chicken burger there, one of the worst eating experiences of my life and was about the size of those mini kiddies burgers Burger King used to sell. 

We once won a free meal there.  Once I had paid for the not included drinks and sides and puddings I was still somehow paying £30 for a "free" meal. 

'Horrible food, and such small portions'

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Been to a few as people I have been with wanted to go to a Hooters. **** despise the places. 

I've been to two, but neither of them in this country. 

The food isn't too bad from memory. I know that sounds a bit lame but its true! :D 

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

I've been to two, but neither of them in this country. 

The food isn't too bad from memory. I know that sounds a bit lame but its true! :D 

I went in Santa Monica as my daughter wanted to go. Hated it. Shit place. Then went multiple times to the former Hooters hotel in Vegas, my wife wanted to go, then my mate wanted to go and my daughter wanted a return visit. Horrible shit holes. 

• Like 1

I've been to the Nottingham one twice with different experiences based on the waitresses, villa and a stag do, good with the villa, miserable as **** on the stag

Also went to the one in frankfurt on a stag where a lad we call "the rat" lived up to his name and told the jacket wearing waitress "you're supposed to have your tits out..." fortunately she was great and took the piss out of him to which we all joined in, and she did take her jacket off

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I think they're all the same personally, they have a limited shelf life, frankie and bennies 20 years ago was something different, then chiquitos, then pizza express, then handmade burgers, then nandos, turtle Bay, etc etc

The problem is the restaurants go really stale, they do pretty much nothing to stay fresh, instead they're replaced by the next one in line, which at the moment seems to be whoever does well in the food hall environment, digbeth dining club et al is the future, small and easier to make changes and diversify a bit according to seasons etc

Far Eastern is the current fad. 

• Like 1

Me and the lad desperately needed haircuts. I didn’t want to be sat in a packed barbers so booked an appointment at a beauty place nearby that also does gents cuts. It’s a bit shit in there, and pricey (which is a strange combination) but they could see is both this afternoon so I went for it.

Got there bang on time, stood around the crowed entrance for a few minutes. Someone tells the lady who is doing the cuts we’re here. She pops out of a little side room and asks us to take a seat.

30 minutes later we’re still waiting, no sign of her but the woman kicking off about how they ruined her eyebrows and then ignored her messages is entertaining us.

I eventually leave (with my boy) and we head to a local barbers, and sat there for an hour waiting for a cut. Exactly what I was planning not to do 😡

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I think they're all the same personally, they have a limited shelf life, frankie and bennies 20 years ago was something different, then chiquitos, then pizza express, then handmade burgers, then nandos, turtle Bay, etc etc

Restaurants at the edge of car parks.

Associate them with spells of location work in crap towns with best avoided town centres.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Me and the lad desperately needed haircuts. I didn’t want to be sat in a packed barbers so booked an appointment at a beauty place nearby that also does gents cuts. It’s a bit shit in there, and pricey (which is a strange combination) but they could see is both this afternoon so I went for it.

Got there bang on time, stood around the crowed entrance for a few minutes. Someone tells the lady who is doing the cuts we’re here. She pops out of a little side room and asks us to take a seat.

30 minutes later we’re still waiting, no sign of her but the woman kicking off about how they ruined her eyebrows and then ignored her messages is entertaining us.

I eventually leave (with my boy) and we head to a local barbers, and sat there for an hour waiting for a cut. Exactly what I was planning not to do 😡

I had my hair cut last in January. I'm going to need a hair band soon. Longest time I've ever had between cuts and don't fancy waiting an hour or two at my barbers. 

4 minutes ago, Xann said:

Restaurants at the edge of car parks.

Associate them with spells of location work in crap towns with best avoided town centres.

Or by multiplex cinemas. 

There was a F&B by Showcase Erdington. As soon as it shut and the land sold to JLR, the F&B was doomed to follow. 

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

I had my hair cut last in January. I'm going to need a hair band soon. Longest time I've ever had between cuts and don't fancy waiting an hour or two at my barbers. 

Before this lockdown my barber was saying business was way down because so many wives had got pretty good at cutting hair during the first one.  Wait a couple of weeks and you can probably just turn up whenever you want and get it done.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Before this lockdown my barber was saying business was way down because so many wives had got pretty good at cutting hair during the first one.  Wait a couple of weeks and you can probably just turn up whenever you want and get it done.

Yeah, that’s absolutely right. My problem was I was due a cut just as the last lockdown started and I couldn’t be arsed to rush out and get one in time. The result was I looked a right scruffy bastard and needed a trim urgently.

• Like 1

Â