Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

20 minutes ago, bickster said:

Found an app to help me catalogue my music collection YAY!

Found a record Discogs doesn't have at all... F**ktons of work for one record

I've done that LOADS since I started cataloguing on there.

I'm up to 613 items, two days ago I was on Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Got to their live "One From The Road" double LP, it's a 1979 reissue but not with the usual blue MCA labels, this one has black.

so I have to add a load of new pics and a new entry for it.

Also had to do it for various Beach Boys rarities I own.

9 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I've done that LOADS since I started cataloguing on there.

I'm up to 613 items, two days ago I was on Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Got to their live "One From The Road" double LP, it's a 1979 reissue but not with the usual blue MCA labels, this one has black.

so I have to add a load of new pics and a new entry for it.

Also had to do it for various Beach Boys rarities I own.

Pain in the effing arse and this one is by an Artist Discogs doesn't know (Alaias) and has no discernable catalogue number either

2 deliveries this morning. A car part and geek stuff.

Car part was ordered using the tool search thing where you enter your reg and they filter out the stuff for your car. Part arrives - doesn't fit. Not even close. Completely wrong.

Geek stuff, 2 orders of the same item. Somehow, the second order, identical to the first, sent the wrong thing. Better, it's now out of stock.

I've got something else turning up later. I can't wait to find out how that delivery is **** up. Probably be covered in a thick layer of purest Covid.

Woke up this morning, to a flashing red covid virus icon on my phone.

Clicked on it, it was just the NHS App telling me that for the week just gone, there was nothing to report, no status change.

I did not appreciate receiving the ‘no news’ news, at 6:00am via a flashing red virus symbol.

• Haha 1

I bought a car the other week having not driven for about 5 years, this morning I stalled it and couldn't remember what to do to get going again.  So embarrassing, this was in a road where they've put one of those daft pop up cycle lanes in the town centre so there is always loads of pissed off motorists anyway.  Figured it out in the end but man I felt shit.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Woke up this morning, to a flashing red covid virus icon on my phone.

Clicked on it, it was just the NHS App telling me that for the week just gone, there was nothing to report, no status change.

I did not appreciate receiving the ‘no news’ news, at 6:00am via a flashing red virus symbol.

I uninstalled the app. Total waste of space. 

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Oh I quite like that I can disable it if ever I’m going somewhere that could have consequences.

Meeting 10 other people on a building site in Liverpool? No problem, just knock your Bluetooth off for a couple of hours and you’ll be fine.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Oh I quite like that I can disable it if ever I’m going somewhere that could have consequences.

Meeting 10 other people on a building site in Liverpool? No problem, just knock your Bluetooth off for a couple of hours and you’ll be fine.

This is what NHS staff have been told to do when they are at work here. Even clerical staff nowhere near a clinical setting! Let that sink in....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I did the same. I had to re-install it though when I took my son in to a cafe at the zoo last week. A staff member shouted across the room as I walked in that I needed to scan the QR code on the door or I wouldn't be allowed in. I obliged, but there was no one else in the cafe at the time and I'd already given my details when pre-booking tickets to the zoo.

I walked into B&Q a few days later and it was heaving. They had a QR code on the door so I scanned it, but I didn't see anybody else do it. So yeah, seems a bit haphazard.

4 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I did the same. I had to re-install it though when I took my son in to a cafe at the zoo last week. A staff member shouted across the room as I walked in that I needed to scan the QR code on the door or I wouldn't be allowed in. I obliged, but there was no one else in the cafe at the time and I'd already given my details when pre-booking tickets to the zoo.

I walked into B&Q a few days later and it was heaving. They had a QR code on the door so I scanned it, but I didn't see anybody else do it. So yeah, seems a bit haphazard.

I think they have to offer a manual way of collecting the data as well. My phone is too old to download the app, not that I would use it anyway, but I imagine a lot of older people perhaps wouldn't have a smartphone. My Nan still has a mono Nokia phone. Not that she ever leaves her house! 

• Like 4

Â