Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

26 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

@NurembergVillan - fair point, i didn't really think it through.....just the ramblings of a bloke who was stuck in rush hour traffic and had little sleep the night before. 

Good luck to the kid. 

You shouldn't need to justify or defend yourself in this thread.  It's why it was created. 

• Like 3

That hi hi telephone system advert with the baldie who phones through to speak to Jane and the call is answered by a woman who tells  him we are working from home today for no apparent reason and then says I’ll put you straight through. In addition this woman has a young daughter sitting on the settee near her To demonstrate that she is at home but the kid is just silent reading a book, how often does that happen. In addition she’s not doing her job as gatekeeper because the MD does not want random calls putting through to him or her without them being fielded first

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

That hi hi telephone system advert with the baldie who phones through to speak to Jane and the call is answered by a woman who tells  him we are working from home today for no apparent reason and then says I’ll put you straight through. In addition this woman has a young daughter sitting on the settee near her To demonstrate that she is at home but the kid is just silent reading a book, how often does that happen. In addition she’s not doing her job as gatekeeper because the MD does not want random calls putting through to him or her without them being fielded first

The vast majority of the covid/lockdown related/themed adverts over the past few months have driven me absolutely insane. 

I watch a lot of TV anyway, but obviously watching more recently and it just seemed to be like the same half a dozen adverts on a loop.  Most absolutely vomit-inducing!!

angry dog gifofdogs GIF by Rover.com

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, blandy said:

Now we're all friends again, can I say it's obvious he could branch out into other roles?

You're barking up the wrong tree. 

17 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

You shouldn't need to justify or defend yourself in this thread.  It's why it was created. 

Thanks for your reply..... but on reflection @NurembergVillan is right. I know nothing about the kid or his circumstances. 

Appreciate your comment though 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Sorry...

JrdpqRY.jpg?1

I am pissed off about this pic cos i have (on more than one occasion) trawled the net for new pics of KW and i never came across this one 😡

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

When people go through their emails and reply to each one straight away even though several further emails have already been sent since the original email. 

Read them all first! 

Tbf I do that with posts on here as well

The discussing of exam results at length. 

"My little jimmy has been robbed of his future,  we expected A's and he got 4 A's and a C.  The whole family will now kill itself.  He can still go to the university of his choice but still,  his life is ruined"

So no one did better out of it than they thought ?

There will be no jobs for leavers and the Covid will take 5-10 years to sort in the economy so they are **** no matter what.

Get it off the news as well FFS,  words removed.  Envelope opening with teenagers,  what a load of old sh1t as a spectator sport.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hadn't noticed that people are discussing it in here as well, but I recommend checking out the Tory party thread for some discussion of how the algorithm has actually worked (not trying to be rude, but some of the thoughts expressed in here have not exactly been made with much of an understanding of the situation IMO).

• Like 2

EDIT: Removed screenshot, as it was from a Tweet, without Twitter link. 

It was Gavin Williamson congratulating Eton on their best ever A Level results. 

Edited by mjmooney

Â