Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, Michelsen said:

Quitting a 15 year nicotine habit, f***ing everything p*sses me off at the moment. Literally all I can do not to murder my family is to lock myself in a room and listen to music. 

If you haven't read it before, I recommend reading this...

81miyVuJWVL.jpg

Definitely helped me and made me view smoking very differently.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If you haven't read it before, I recommend reading this...

81miyVuJWVL.jpg

Definitely helped me and made me view smoking very differently.

Thanks, but I’ve never smoked a cigarette in my life, actually. It’s been all Scandinavian «snus», which is infamously difficult to stop. I’m sure the book could still be helpful, but I’m kind of determined to grind through this. I’m going to do it. It’ll be hard, but I’ll do it. Been three and a half days, and I’m not f***ing turning back now. 

Just now, Xela said:

Cars with those fizz bang pop exhausts. **** off pal, its a 1.0 litre Corsa. 

And the gasping rasping turbo.

They’ve paid extra money to make it sound like it doesn’t work properly.

Have you noticed the boy driving them is always a runt? That’s not a typo, whenever there’s a Corsa or an old Honda or anything like that wheezing and banging it’s way up the street sounding like 95mph, doing 25mph, the driver is only ever visible from the nose up, peering over the dash board.

I guess they must also have paid extra for some weird skinny plastic race seat screwed directly to the floor?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

And the gasping rasping turbo.

They’ve paid extra money to make it sound like it doesn’t work properly.

Have you noticed the boy driving them is always a runt? That’s not a typo, whenever there’s a Corsa or an old Honda or anything like that wheezing and banging it’s way up the street sounding like 95mph, doing 25mph, the driver is only ever visible from the nose up, peering over the dash board.

I guess they must also have paid extra for some weird skinny plastic race seat screwed directly to the floor?

I used to sellotape bits of GoCat pet biscuits box on the frame of my bike by the back wheel to make it sound just like a motorbike.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

Thanks, but I’ve never smoked a cigarette in my life, actually. It’s been all Scandinavian «snus», which is infamously difficult to stop. I’m sure the book could still be helpful, but I’m kind of determined to grind through this. I’m going to do it. It’ll be hard, but I’ll do it. Been three and a half days, and I’m not f***ing turning back now. 

I did this five years ago after using 'snus'' for 25 years. 3,5 days, that is the hell part but you get over it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

I did this five years ago after using 'snus'' for 25 years. 3,5 days, that is the hell part but you get over it.

Yep. It is kind of hellish, really struggling with my temper, which is very much out of character. But I will get through it. No question. Always nice to hear others who have been able to quit, too, appreciate that. 

45 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

more likely they're jumped up lil wannabe gangstas who are actually only 5' 3" tall

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michelsen said:

Yep. It is kind of hellish, really struggling with my temper, which is very much out of character. 

Having met you at Wembley, you seemed like a very easy going, chilled out guy, so it must be really messing with your head. Good luck with the cold turkey, and hope it ends soon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My 58 year old cousin just died of liver failure. He was an alcoholic. I idolized him when I was a little kid. He was always a wild child. Did well for a while as a builder. Built his own house and got married. But the booze destroyed everything in the end. His siblings are spreading his ashes tomorrow. 

• Sad 4

On 06/08/2020 at 16:22, sharkyvilla said:

If I'm being honest I'm not really seeing what all the fuss is about but I've heard people say it gets better after the first series.  The '**** scene' was good though.

The Wire was never going to age well. Superior show at the time though.

6 hours ago, Michelsen said:

Quitting a 15 year nicotine habit, f***ing everything p*sses me off at the moment. Literally all I can do not to murder my family is to lock myself in a room and listen to music. 

Good luck, man. I finally quit about 17 years ago. You can do it.

• Thanks 1

People who ignore lights just after they have changed at temporary traffic lights trying to latch on to the last car through,🤬love being in pole the other side and pulling out on them just enough to make them brake fast 

39 minutes ago, bickster said:

Oddly specific :mrgreen:

Indeed. The standard technique involved a lollipop stick, iirc. If only I'd known that the pro's used Go Cat boxes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The amount of releases of certain Lps.

I'm starting to catalogue and value my music collection using Discogs and what a long winded job it can be.

I've even had to add versions of stuff that wasn't even on the Discogs database. Pain in the arse.

Been doing this on and off for about 9 months, still only just hit the letter "F".

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Michelsen said:

My wife quit almost 8 years ago to the day. She'd been smoking for over 35 years.

She used the "Allen Carr How To Stop Smoking" book, and it worked.

• Like 1

Â