Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Another that can vouch for Allen Carr’s book here. It worked for me after smoking 20 a day for 18 years. I’ve even used the thinking to help me quit alcohol, something I found more addictive than coke (not the fizzy stuff). Might be worth a try @Michelsen, most addictions are pretty similar in their psychology. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

The amount of releases of certain Lps.

I'm starting to catalogue and value my music collection using Discogs and what a long winded job it can be.

I've even had to add versions of stuff that wasn't even on the Discogs database. Pain in the arse.

Been doing this on and off for about 9 months, still only just hit the letter "F".

I abandoned the cataloguing project some years ago. Better ways to spend my time. 

18 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Another that can vouch for Allen Carr’s book here. It worked for me after smoking 20 a day for 18 years. I’ve even used the thinking to help me quit alcohol, something I found more addictive than coke (not the fizzy stuff). Might be worth a try @Michelsen, most addictions are pretty similar in their psychology. 

I used something called Champix that I got from the quacks. Basically you start taking the pills whilst still smoking then set up a give up date and stop, Bizarrely you don’t feel like smoking on the morning you give up. That was seven years ago and I used to smoke 20 to 30 Bensons a day and not smoked or wanted to smoke since

The bonus with them is that you have some right weird dreams whilst on them

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I used something called Champix that I got from the quacks. Basically you start taking the pills whilst still smoking then set up a give up date and stop, Bizarrely you don’t feel like smoking on the morning you give up. That was seven years ago and I used to smoke 20 to 30 Bensons a day and not smoked or wanted to smoke since

The bonus with them is that you have some right weird dreams whilst on them

Same here. I used one called Zyban. First week drug and cigs, second week drug only. I tried everything up to that but to no avail. 
i haven’t smoked anything since and this was 2002. I had some awful side effects, short term memory loss and night terrors. The former had me forgetting what I was saying mid sentence. 
I guess Snus will be a little different to cigarettes. Good luck. 

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

I'm starting to catalogue and value my music collection using Discogs and what a long winded job it can be.

I've even had to add versions of stuff that wasn't even on the Discogs database. Pain in the arse.

Been doing this on and off for about 9 months, still only just hit the letter "F".

All that effort and she’s going to sell them for 50% of what you said you paid for them.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The front page of the local news today includes a local woman who painted her fridge.

Not much more to the story than that, really. **** me. 

Missed opportunity for "News Story of the Day" or "The Boring Thread". 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

The front page of the local news today includes a local woman who painted her fridge.

The local rag here often has a look at this weird shaped cloud story, they often get the name of the cloud type wrong

And quite frankly that pisses me off no-end

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Well, what colour?! 

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Do you live in Nottingham?  If so that story made the National tabloids! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

I used one of those online card delivery services, Funky Pigeon, the other week. Now, I did this as typical me, I left it too late to go out and physically buy one and post it in time. 

To their credit, it got sent out a couple of hours later and reached the destination on the day I needed it. Since then though, they can **** right off. They must email me 5 times a day with 'offers' and every YouTube advert that comes up is a funky bastard rocket polisher pigeon.

Out of principle I'm never using them again. Their advertising has lost me, despite their prompt service. 

8 hours ago, rjw63 said:

To be fair, I’m sure you “B” section is huge thanks to the Beach Boys!

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, bickster said:

The local rag here often has a look at this weird shaped cloud story, they often get the name of the cloud type wrong. 

Lenticular? 

There used to be a reporter on the local TV news here called Len Tingle, so we always call them Len Tingle clouds. 

Just now, mjmooney said:

Lenticular? 

There used to be a reporter on the local TV news here called Len Tingle, so we always call them Len Tingle clouds. 

Oh it could be any clouds, almost guaranteed to get them wrong though. I believe they once did lenticular and got them wrong. It was literally the only fact in the article and they didn't check it

Â