Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

22 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I have probably mentioned this before but it is worth repeating. It is really **** me off at the moment. 
My wife refers to buying something online as buying offline, her reckoning is that its buying off the line. I tell her that it is the worldwide accepted term for NOT buying online, but she says that stupid. She is the only person to say this, until recently as my daughter has started **** saying it. 

Do you ever just pick up a pillow and think....'soon'?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I have probably mentioned this before but it is worth repeating. It is really **** me off at the moment. 
My wife refers to buying something online as buying offline, her reckoning is that its buying off the line. I tell her that it is the worldwide accepted term for NOT buying online, but she says that stupid. She is the only person to say this, until recently as my daughter has started **** saying it. 

That would really annoy me too. 

I had to train my OH to stop saying “plug it out” instead of unplug it. Similar kind of thing. 

She still says Valentimes day which is a bit annoying 

• Haha 2

On our work WhatsApp group someone put up one of those pictures of the cross section of chocolate bars and you have to guess what they all are, I wrote Kit Kat Chinky instead of Chunky and this lady has accused me of doing it on purpose.  I corrected myself straight away and apologised ffs, she basically said either I did it deliberately or I use the word chinky so much it doesnt autocorrect.  Load of horseshit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

I've heard before that autocorrect sometimes changes words and phrases to ones you type a lot, but I think that's a load of hairy bollocks covered in spit.

My mum texted me something a couple of years back. Unfortunately it was during an autumn party at work, and after 4-5 beers I was going back home to get fancy dressed (we sometimes do really dirty work, so any change would do!), before going back to the office to party and drink some more. On the metro back to work I was stressing as **** to don't miss out of the party. I answered my mum's text quickly and wrote something like "no, I haven't heard from her". Autocorrect changed it into "I like it when there's semen on my sisters pillow". I didn't actually spot the **** up until after the text had been sent. I literally looked like the dude from the Office shouting at my phone to stop it.

We haven't really talked about that ever again.  

• Haha 4

When I put my jumper on without checking which is the right way around I always end up putting it on back to front, sometimes I even say surely this time it will be the right way, but it's always with the back at the front and the front at the back and I have to take it off again and put it back on.

Edited by useless
It doesn't p*** me off, just tiring sometimes.
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

My SO's birthday. It's SUCH a big deal to her. Personally I don't care about birthdays, but I have to make an effort and I'm absolutely bewildered about it. 

Top tip, they love being surprised with a pearl necklace.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, useless said:

When I put my jumper on without checking which is the right way around I always end up putting it on back to front, sometimes I even say surely this time it will be the right way, but it's always with the back at the front and the front at the back and I have to take it off again and put it back on.

See what happens if, without checking, you try to put it on back-to-front.

• Like 1

Keep getting emails from something called Quora Digest with the title 'What are some jaw dropping photos of Instagram models..........and then shows the pics

Not sure if the above is correct wording but still annoys the living daylights out of me 

5 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

My mum texted me something a couple of years back. Unfortunately it was during an autumn party at work, and after 4-5 beers I was going back home to get fancy dressed (we sometimes do really dirty work, so any change would do!), before going back to the office to party and drink some more. On the metro back to work I was stressing as **** to don't miss out of the party. I answered my mum's text quickly and wrote something like "no, I haven't heard from her". Autocorrect changed it into "I like it when there's semen on my sisters pillow". I didn't actually spot the **** up until after the text had been sent. I literally looked like the dude from the Office shouting at my phone to stop it.

We haven't really talked about that ever again.  

That’s a hell of a typo to get from “no I haven’t heard from her” to “I Like it when there’s semen on my sisters pillow” 😂😂

4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Keep getting emails from something called Quora Digest with the title 'What are some jaw dropping photos of Instagram models..........and then shows the pics

Not sure if the above is correct wording but still annoys the living daylights out of me 

This happened to me. If you’ve ever used Quora it seems to sign you up to a hundred different mailing lists for them.

You can log into quora and turn off your notifications. Although I tried that and they still seemed to come through. In the end I logged on and there was an option somewhere to delete your account so I did that instead. They’ve stopped now 

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That’s a hell of a typo to get from “no I haven’t heard from her” to “I Like it when there’s semen on my sisters pillow” 😂😂

I can't actually remember what I answered or what I was asked. I just think it was something about my sister. It could also have been about some new furniture I bought since I just had moved house. 

Anyway no need to ruin a good story with facts. But that I sent the text is unfortunately true. 

I hated my autocorrect at that point cause whenever I mispelled æøå letters I got some bonkers words as alternatives. Semen is ofc. written with one of those. As is my sisters name. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I can't actually remember what I answered or what I was asked. I just think it was something about my sister. It could also have been about some new furniture I bought since I just had moved house. 

Anyway no need to ruin a good story with facts. But that I sent the text is unfortunately true. 

I hated my autocorrect at that point cause whenever I mispelled æøå letters I got some bonkers words as alternatives. Semen is ofc. written with one of those. As is my sisters name. 

I wasn’t doubting the story by the way. Just makes it even funnier 😂

12 hours ago, Seat68 said:

My wife used to refer to a computer's CPU tower as the hard drive.   Luckily, we've moved on to laptops and I no longer have to bite my tongue to keep from saying "the hard drive is just one component inside that box, you silly ****!"

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Oooo are we on poor grammar :)

People who say ‘on route‘ instead of en route.

People who say (and there’s lots of these) ‘would of’ instead of would have.

I have more, will save them up.

"That begs the question: ...."    No it doesn't.   It raises the question.   to beg the question is a different beast entirely, and most people who use the phrase have never even heard of the correct meaning.

When Sky TV ask you not to ring due to short staff etc and everything can be done online. So you finally work out how to remove a package and get this:

‘You will need to contact us to remove this package’’

to make it worse just underneath that there is this button:

’Add more packages’

C**nts!!

Ice cream van drivers are words removed, and their chimes ought to be banned.

Every afternoon I get interrupted by this noisy word removed driving around the surrounding streets playing the same 5 seconds of music.

Would we accept any other business dicing around with a loudspeaker advertising their product? It's bollocks. I hope his van explodes.

• Sad 1

Â