Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

18 hours ago, Davkaus said:

The amount of Villa and Sheffield players that have clearly had haircuts done very recently.

Was the same watching Arsenal and Man City too.

.... and to add to that... Jack’s hair. He looked like an absolute grade A bellend. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

I have a colleague who has the extreme opposite of a can-do attitude.

It really wears me down. You could ask to borrow a pen and he’d come up with 5 potential problems with lending a pen out.

I was getting something of his signed off by a director the other week and I said to him I should be ok with it but it wouldn’t hurt if he dialled in too in case I was asked some history on it that I didn’t have. He said as it was 9am he couldn’t be sure if he’d be awake yet or not. 

1 hour ago, choffer said:

Point of order - he's a genuinely nice bloke who loves the Villa. Not the best commentator in the world, granted but he's not a rocket polisher. 

Maybe I was a bit harsh, but I’d just listened to his screeching over the highlights. It just ruins it for me. Out of interest, why did he stop doing the commentary when we were relegated? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

Maybe I was a bit harsh, but I’d just listened to his screeching over the highlights. It just ruins it for me. Out of interest, why did he stop doing the commentary when we were relegated? 

He got sacked. And then rehired when we got promoted.

I've met him and he seems a really nice bloke. I also have a mate who knows him and he does a lot for charity for free and generally seems like a top guy.

His commentary can be questionable at time, but he's not a bad guy.

• Like 2

Just now, Stevo985 said:

He got sacked. And then rehired when we got promoted.

I've met him and he seems a really nice bloke. I also have a mate who knows him and he does a lot for charity for free and generally seems like a top guy.

His commentary can be questionable at time, but he's not a bad guy.

Fair enough, I’ll take back the nasty comment. I’ve only ever heard his commentary and seen that video of him singing in the bath. 

At least my post was on topic, he pisses me off, but shouldn’t :)

• Like 3

On 17/06/2020 at 14:57, Seat68 said:

Tonight I will be seeing what happens to Gary in Goodnight Sweetheart. Its nail biting stuff. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I have a colleague who has the extreme opposite of a can-do attitude.

It really wears me down. You could ask to borrow a pen and he’d come up with 5 potential problems with lending a pen out.

I was getting something of his signed off by a director the other week and I said to him I should be ok with it but it wouldn’t hurt if he dialled in too in case I was asked some history on it that I didn’t have. He said as it was 9am he couldn’t be sure if he’d be awake yet or not. 

Draining aren't they? People like that. I try and limit my time interacting with them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Draining aren't they? People like that. I try and limit my time interacting with them. 

Everyone in our company like that got furloughed and aren't back yet, They will probably all feature in the redundancy list

It's quite the joy

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Xela said:

Yeah, problem is need to close issues out and get stuff done and he’s constantly 

computer GIF

38 minutes ago, bickster said:

Everyone in our company like that got furloughed and aren't back yet, They will probably all feature in the redundancy list

It's quite the joy

I know it’s not a nice thing to think but I was thinking that I hope the business takes the opportunity to offload useless **** like him.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I know it’s not a nice thing to think but I was thinking that I hope the business takes the opportunity to offload useless **** like him.

We are definitely offloading a fair few Useless words removed. The bloke I share an office with is history, its there in Black and White in the 30 day redundancy document. His position is being abolished in a departmental merger

Then again, he should have realised this months ago when he was furloughed and three of his staff were retained on the skeleton staff.

Can't wait to get rid of his desk and have more space

We had some joker that is my equivalent in another team who constantly looks for excuses to do **** all, to the extent other people are doing bits of his job because he just didn't do it.

He was asked to perform a fairly mundane part of his role and in a meeting including various far more senior staff replied "I don't really feel very comfortable doing it". Bitch, is there any part of your job you do feel comfortable doing?! No, browsing BBC Sport is not in your job description, and I know the only reason you turn up an hour before everyone is so you can blatantly take the piss and do nothing for an hour. 

In every company I've ever worked for, management are too weak. They're too scared or unwilling to deal with staff that clearly under-perform. They'd rather be people's mates than have an honest conversation with someone along the lines of "your standard of work is nowhere near sufficient. Up your game, or go".  I've got a list of 4 or 5 people I deal with on a regular basis that if I had the power, I'd have on a formal warning, performance improvement plan, then out the **** door within a few months if they didn't seriously get their shit together. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I know the only reason you turn up an hour before everyone is so you can blatantly take the piss and do nothing for an hour. 

This guy who told me he couldn’t support me getting his plan approved because he wasn’t sure he’d be awake at 9am was always in the office before me, and I got in at 7.

As you say, he had some agreement with his boss to start and finished super early because he can doss for the first hour of every day. Now it’s WFH he miraculously cant support a meeting at 9am with the department director as it’s potentially too early. Absolute dick.

Schedule the meeting for 9am, invite him and if he doesn't turn up then the director will know why

WFH and not being able to guarantee being up by 9am is unacceptable, assuming they are the working hours. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

People who spell the mobile phone network as 'Vodaphone' 

The amazing amount of people who pronounce Solpadeine as Solfadeine.

8 hours ago, Xela said:

People who spell the mobile phone network as 'Vodaphone' 

You have that the wrong way around. What should piss you off is that Vodafone is spelt the way it is. Spelling things incorrectly is the gateway to looting and rioting

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

You have that the wrong way around. What should piss you off is that Vodafone is spelt the way it is. Spelling things incorrectly is the gateway to looting and rioting

I blaim Slaid. 

• Like 1

Â