Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

If the current owners were to do that, it would simply out them as mercenaries.

You’d just be finding out a bit earlier.

I think they took the club over at a time when it needed unprecedented amounts of money put into it just to rescue it.  Even if they left tomorrow I don't think they could ever be described as mercenaries.  They rescued the club from disaster.  I hate to think of how much they're down on an investment they didn't have to make, and I think it's unrealistic to think their patience and their pockets are bottomless.  But again I repeat, selling up is not something I expect them to do.  It's just that survival would make me feel more comfortable about their ownership, almost in a way because I also think they deserve it.

• Like 2

the only time to worry about Villa getting relegated was in 2016 when it was the first time we dipped out the Prem and dropped off the list of "ever presents".  Now?  Who gives shit, the Championship is way better.  We play every 10 minutes and more often than not we win.  And we don't have to worry about ref's being biased against the big teams like you do in the Prem.

The Prem is shit. 

Let's do a Leeds for fun. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

What a team we had 92-93.

When I think of football I’m immediately drawn to that squad and season, I was born in 83 so it coincided with me becoming properly football-conscious.

I remember the VHS club videos from around that time too, there was on called ‘Chapter & Verse’ and we had so many characters in the squad, incomparable with modern football.

Fantastic team. Went to every home game that season with my Dad. 

You forget how good people like Parker and Richardson were. A young Yorke plus the Deano and Dalian strike force. God and Teale at the back. Like you said, characters and strong ones at that. We lack that in the current team IMO

• Like 3

5 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Only problem with relegation is how close we came to the brink before 

on paper we are in a better position this time around , but I seem to recall we thought similar  during the early stages of the  Dr T era .

I’d prefer the riches of the Prem , but over the past few years I’ve found myself more pissed of when NO Saints lose than Villa ... but even then it’s in a ffs way rather than a go and kick the cat way 

Also, I think people may be forgetting that we sold our stadium to our owners. The club now no longer has that asset. This makes us less ‘sellable’ if owners don’t fancy the project any more and is a route to FFP not available to us unlike rivals.

We will have less time to ship out high earning players that aren’t championship-friendly. Less time to bring in cheaper squad players and potentially we will be refunding money to Sky on top of the expected losses.

I enjoyed the championship too but I can’t help but think it’s a financial disaster for us this time around.

19 minutes ago, Xela said:

You forget how good people like Parker and Richardson were. A young Yorke plus the Deano and Dalian strike force. God and Teale at the back. Like you said, characters and strong ones at that. We lack that in the current team IMO

We’ve lacked it for years but then I think the typical characters in football now are just a world apart from then, I mean to be fair it was getting on for almost 30 years ago which is scary as hell in itself! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Thats great - I went to a lot of home games because my brother in law (RIP) was working as a chef a VP. He would sneak pork sandwiches to stewards he was mates with, so they would let me in :D Amazing that we didn't used to sell out then. 

My Brother in law was from Dublin and Celtic mad, but of course we had Houghton, Staunton & God so it was good times. You can even see him behind the goal on MOTD when Yorkie scores that header. He's wearing one of my Villa hats :D

So sad he passed last year :(

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

When a group of women are pissed and laugh hysterically after every sentence they shout at each other. 

Same applies to men.

Makes me cringe so bad.

It's being loud for loud's sake.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BOF said:

The main reason I fear relegation is not because of the league we'll have to play football in.  The Premier League can go f*ck itself tbph.  No, I worry because I'm afraid our owners might think 'f*ck this for a game of soldiers' and sell the club to someone else, and then you're back into that horrible protracted uncertainty of worrying about what kind of mercenary might buy us and the direction the club will go in for the next decade or more.  Staying up would reassure me that our owners are going nowhere.  Now I know it's likely they're probably going nowhere anyway, but it would just reassure me about their longer term ownership if we managed to stay up this season.

There will always be a chance we get relegated from the PL. It could just as easily happen next season, or the season after, or the season after . . .

They could just as easily say '**** this for a game of soldiers' in 12 months' time. It's not worth worrying about.

Sorry for going on topic, I won't say any more.

• Like 1

That chavvy Ja-fake-an accent really pisses me off.  I dunno if it makes me an old fuddyduddy or even a bit racist but I find it really grating.  They always seem to have a couple of young lads on Football Focus or one of the MOTD programmes that speak like it.

20 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

That chavvy Ja-fake-an accent really pisses me off.  I dunno if it makes me an old fuddyduddy or even a bit racist but I find it really grating.  They always seem to have a couple of young lads on Football Focus or one of the MOTD programmes that speak like it.

tenor.gif?itemid=3411330

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

tenor.gif?itemid=3411330

Read yesterday the The John  Nike Leisure Centre that triggers events in the film is closing ... maybe we are about to see life imitate art and a plot to destroy the PM’s credibility...

2 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

TV/Film subscriptions 

Pay for Sky, Netflix and Amazon. 

Watching the Tarantino movies in order, not one of the words removed had Pulp Fiction or Jackie Brown. 

luckily, Pulp Fiction was on Sony Movies last week, so watched it on there (albeit in poverty standard definition). 

I pay out over £100 per month and the words removed want £2.50 to rent a film that came out 23 years ago. 

Pulp Fiction was on Netflix not long ago because I remember turning it off thinking it was horseshit!  It seems a lot of films swap between the different platforms, I guess they buy the rights for a certain amount of time but like you say they often don't have all the films you'd think would go together.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

TV/Film subscriptions 

Pay for Sky, Netflix and Amazon. 

Watching the Tarantino movies in order, not one of the words removed had Pulp Fiction or Jackie Brown. 

luckily, Pulp Fiction was on Sony Movies last week, so watched it on there (albeit in poverty standard definition). 

I pay out over £100 per month and the words removed want £2.50 to rent a film that came out 23 years ago. 

Mate it’s wank, there’s a ton of films out there which are not available on any of those platforms, I too pay for virgin (with sky movies), Netflix and I have access to a Prime account and the amount of films available on all three of them is a joke, how about some diversification guys?! 

And then you have shawshank redemption on every few weeks on ITV......

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Mate it’s wank, there’s a ton of films out there which are not available on any of those platforms, I too pay for virgin (with sky movies), Netflix and I have access to a Prime account and the amount of films available on all three of them is a joke, how about some diversification guys?! 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Pulp Fiction was on Netflix not long ago because I remember turning it off thinking it was horseshit!  It seems a lot of films swap between the different platforms, I guess they buy the rights for a certain amount of time but like you say they often don't have all the films you'd think would go together.

I’m giving you a like, but that comment on Pulp Fiction is blasphemous! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I’m sure there are valid reasons, but I don’t get why movies aren’t available on all platforms, like the music. 

They could all still have their own deals on new stuff (maybe an ‘exclusive’ 12 months on a certain platform for new releases), but once the 12 months is up - they can be on any paid platform. 

No wonder people, go sailing on the high seas. 

• Like 1

Â