Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

14 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I’m sure there are valid reasons, but I don’t get why movies aren’t available on all platforms, like the music. 

They could all still have their own deals on new stuff (maybe an ‘exclusive’ 12 months on a certain platform for new releases), but once the 12 months is up - they can be on any paid platform. 

No wonder people, go sailing on the high seas. 

Music is the same. Garth Brooks and Taylor Swift are both missing from some platforms. 
I feel I have said too much. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

TV/Film subscriptions 

Pay for Sky, Netflix and Amazon. 

Watching the Tarantino movies in order, not one of the words removed had Pulp Fiction or Jackie Brown. 

luckily, Pulp Fiction was on Sony Movies last week, so watched it on there (albeit in poverty standard definition). 

I pay out over £100 per month and the words removed want £2.50 to rent a film that came out 23 years ago. 

Did you see my moan about Amazon/BFI a couple of pages back? My BFI subscription was purchased via Amazon, and it would seem the bastards are filtering out BFI films that Prime also have, so I'd have to pay again for rental. I'm going to cancel my subscription and buy another one directly from BFI this time. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Did you see my moan about Amazon/BFI a couple of pages back? My BFI subscription was purchased via Amazon, and it would seem the bastards are filtering out BFI films that Prime also have, so I'd have to pay again for rental. I'm going to cancel my subscription and buy another one directly from BFI this time. 

Just went back and re-read it, I’d be surprised if they are allowed to do it deliberately, but it does seem odd? I think it’s some kind of error. 

4 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

TV/Film subscriptions 

Pay for Sky, Netflix and Amazon. 

Watching the Tarantino movies in order, not one of the words removed had Pulp Fiction or Jackie Brown. 

luckily, Pulp Fiction was on Sony Movies last week, so watched it on there (albeit in poverty standard definition). 

I pay out over £100 per month and the words removed want £2.50 to rent a film that came out 23 years ago. 

It'll only get worse as more steaming platforms open up.. we've had Apple and Disney this year and i'm sure there will be more. 

You'll need 10 subscriptions soon to watch everything decent that comes out.

Luckily with music, 99% of stuff is on most platforms. 

• Like 1

Talking of streaming, I was watching an Inspector Morse on Britbox last night and was enjoying it and all of a sudden there was a huge jump in the storyline. He'd gone from chatting to Lewis one second to another scene in another. I looked up the details online afterwards and most Morse episodes are around 100-103 mins long. This one was 92 mins. Seemingly 10 mins from the middle had disappeared. Britbox must have though... ahh **** it, we've got 90% of the it, lets upload it. I needed to channel my inner Morse to work out what happened in the middle! 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Genie said:

When a group of women are pissed and laugh hysterically after every sentence they shout at each other. 

The usual culprits are at it again (small group of neighbours having a little party on their driveway). Couple of middle aged women can’t catch their breath for laughing so hard, constantly. 

8 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

That chavvy Ja-fake-an accent really pisses me off.  I dunno if it makes me an old fuddyduddy or even a bit racist but I find it really grating.  They always seem to have a couple of young lads on Football Focus or one of the MOTD programmes that speak like it.

A lot of the teens of today seem to talk like it. I hear it in the local shop and wonder where the **** they picked the accent up from.

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Talking of streaming, I was watching an Inspector Morse on Britbox last night and was enjoying it and all of a sudden there was a huge jump in the storyline. He'd gone from chatting to Lewis one second to another scene in another. I looked up the details online afterwards and most Morse episodes are around 100-103 mins long. This one was 92 mins. Seemingly 10 mins from the middle had disappeared. Britbox must have though... ahh **** it, we've got 90% of the it, lets upload it. I needed to channel my inner Morse to work out what happened in the middle! 

You know the issue here. You are the man persisting with Betamax out of (Mike, forgive me, I always get the wrong version of this word) principal. Let it go. 

Edited by Seat68

41 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

You know the issue here. You are the man persisting with Betamax out of (Mike, forgive me, I always get the wrong version of this word) principal. Let it go. 

You got it wrong again.  :)

• Like 1

When the next door makes shit loads of noise in the garden at weekends and my kids struggle to get to sleep. 

Dont want to be that grumpy neighbour but boy do they piss me off.  Lockdown ain’t even over yet and they got loads of guests around.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

When the next door makes shit loads of noise in the garden at weekends and my kids struggles to get to sleep. 

Dont want to be that grumpy neighbour but boy do they piss me off.  Lockdown ain’t even over yet and they got loads of guests around.

Sadly society is becoming more selfish and self centred without giving much thought about others.

amazing really when those in power aren’t like that at all.... oh, wait! 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Sadly society is becoming more selfish and self centred without giving much thought about others.

amazing really when those in power aren’t like that at all.... oh, wait!  

I just don’t get how people can not think they should maybe quieten it down a bit at 10pm or maybe just go inside.  

Maybe it’s just me 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I just don’t get how people can not think they should maybe quieten it down a bit at 10pm or maybe just go inside.  

Maybe it’s just me 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

There’s a street by me that did a bit of a disco one afternoon and a game of bingo (someone in the street is a DJ and had all the kit), people thought it was a laugh. Then they did it the next Sunday. And the BH, and every one of the last few Sundays gradually getting later and later. 
I‘d be well pissed off if I had that shit going on in my street every Sunday till 8 and 9pm. People have little kids to get in bed, do their own thing and because about half a dozen people can’t going without wine and sweet Caroline it happens every week now.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2

Talking of selfish, this was Durdle Door beach today in Dorset. 

Due to a few incidents (people jumping off the cliffs into the sea) the air ambulance was out a few times. Look at the people crammed together on the way off the beach. 

Locals said there were more people there today than at any point in recent memory. 

People just don't care anymore, and can you blame them after the way the Government acts. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Talking of selfish, this was Durdle Door beach today in Dorset. 

Due to a few incidents (people jumping off the cliffs into the sea) the air ambulance was out a few times. Look at the people crammed together on the way off the beach. 

Locals said there were more people there today than at any point in recent memory. 

People just don't care anymore, and can you blame them after the way the Government acts. 

Who’s gonna tell @Xela the proverb about the defender and the wheelie bin?

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

When the next door makes shit loads of noise in the garden at weekends and my kids struggle to get to sleep. 

One of the reasons my folks moved house was due to selfish neighbours. Every summer weekend they'd be out in garden with their pals drinking and singing and screeching until the early hours. No regard for their neighbours, some of who had kids. 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Who’s gonna tell @Xela the proverb about the defender and the wheelie bin?

Where have I missed it? In this thread?

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Where have I missed it? In this thread?

tbh I thought it was in this thread, but it’s actually the virus thread so not such a bindunne as I thought. My bad.

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

tbh I thought it was in this thread, but it’s actually the virus thread so not such a bindunne as I thought. My bad.

Ahhh ok. Don't go in that thread often anymore. 

Edited by Xela

Â