Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Apart from sex.

Speak for yourself. Those shared baths with 'uncle' Ron were an experience. 

• Haha 1

Checked my payslip earlier, overpaid my overtime and there's an exceptional circumstances payment in there too. Taxman is loving me this month.

10 hours ago, Xela said:

A long way away from the sport I loved as a kid. It wasn't a monolithic corporate monster then, it was a game for the working person and not seen as fashionable or cool. Ok, rose tinted spectacles but much preferred the game back in the late 80's /early 90's. 

You might like these Alex.

4 Villa scorers in the 1st clip - RIP Dalian.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

You might like these Alex.

4 Villa scorers in the 1st clip - RIP Dalian.

Hahaha the commentary on that own goal

”Willy Donahue has never scored for Scotland... and now he’s scored for Wales”

no need to rub it in 😂

• Haha 3

What a team we had 92-93.

When I think of football I’m immediately drawn to that squad and season, I was born in 83 so it coincided with me becoming properly football-conscious.

I remember the VHS club videos from around that time too, there was on called ‘Chapter & Verse’ and we had so many characters in the squad, incomparable with modern football.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I can't put my finger on why the lockdown has changed it when I've spent hundreds on tickets to watch it this year, but I actually don't have even the slightest interest in watching that bullshit anymore. I think I'm just finally done with it.

Same. I actually don't care if the Villa get relegated, either. 

There, I said it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

What a team we had 92-93.

When I think of football I’m immediately drawn to that squad and season, I was born in 83 so it coincided with me becoming properly football-conscious.

I remember the VHS club videos from around that time too, there was on called ‘Chapter & Verse’ and we had so many characters in the squad, incomparable with modern football.

That was my first season supporting Villa, what a start to football that was! I had the season highlights on video which was brilliant. It included things like the end of season awards night too. Good times have never been so good. 

14 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Same. I actually don't care if the Villa get relegated, either. 

There, I said it. 

I won’t lose any sleep about it.

I can see pro’s and con’s of being in the premier league or the Championship, and like many others I’m less interested in football at the moment than I think I have ever been.

Overeating. 

After losing weight (about 40 lbs) and moving on from a more bulky weight lifting body to a lean fit type, I'm having problems with the days I wanna eat a lot. 

Like for instance yesterday we had pizza and I ate about 2 slices more than I should have, cause it was so god damn good. And I felt it was okey cause I had a long workout and run prior to it.  But all evening, night, morning and even now I feel physically ill. It's like my stomach can't handle it. 

Just pisses me off, cause I never had this problem before. And it's really annoying that I've put myself in a situation where I can't gorge on awesome foods anymore. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

All football’s fun when you’re winning games, but I did enjoy the championship experience. For a start I could actually get away tickets occasionally. I would prefer Villa to stay up and build from there though I hate the premier league as an organisation and all they stand for (revenue), but I want to see top quality players at VP again. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

All football’s fun when you’re winning games, but I did enjoy the championship experience. For a start I could actually get away tickets occasionally. I would prefer Villa to stay up and build from there though I hate the premier league as an organisation and all they stand for (revenue), but I want to see top quality players at VP again. 

Yeah I'd prefer us to stay up, but people over in On Topic talk like it's the absolute end of the world if we go down again.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I'd prefer us to stay up, but people over in On Topic talk like it's the absolute end of the world if we go down again.

I know, I’ve popped in a few times to see. Relegation doesn’t really matter that much considering the last few months. It would all work out in the end anyway. 

Only problem with relegation is how close we came to the brink before 

on paper we are in a better position this time around , but I seem to recall we thought similar  during the early stages of the  Dr T era .

I’d prefer the riches of the Prem , but over the past few years I’ve found myself more pissed of when NO Saints lose than Villa ... but even then it’s in a ffs way rather than a go and kick the cat way 

There’s a number of games I’ve wanted to go to this season but couldn’t as it was sold out, at least if we go down I’ll be able to get to more games again. I like waking up Saturday morning and then deciding to go to VP.

• Like 2

Absolute absolute absolute worst case scenario, Villa goes bust and needs players of our calibre to rebuild.

Imagine the opportunity to get your name on the all time list of players list.

That’s as bad as it can get.

The main reason I fear relegation is not because of the league we'll have to play football in.  The Premier League can go f*ck itself tbph.  No, I worry because I'm afraid our owners might think 'f*ck this for a game of soldiers' and sell the club to someone else, and then you're back into that horrible protracted uncertainty of worrying about what kind of mercenary might buy us and the direction the club will go in for the next decade or more.  Staying up would reassure me that our owners are going nowhere.  Now I know it's likely they're probably going nowhere anyway, but it would just reassure me about their longer term ownership if we managed to stay up this season.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, BOF said:

The main reason I fear relegation is not because of the league we'll have to play football in.  The Premier League can go f*ck itself tbph.  No, I worry because I'm afraid our owners might think 'f*ck this for a game of soldiers' and sell the club to someone else, and then you're back into that horrible protracted uncertainty of worrying about what kind of mercenary might buy us and the direction the club will go in for the next decade or more.  Staying up would reassure me that our owners are going nowhere.  Now I know it's likely they're probably going nowhere anyway, but it would just reassure me about their longer term ownership if we managed to stay up this season.

If the current owners were to do that, it would simply out them as mercenaries.

You’d just be finding out a bit earlier.

• Like 1

Â