Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

16 hours ago, il_serpente said:

I've always suspected he was an Antifa agitator.

Nah, I just want to see the ensuing carnage :D

Wake up at 5.00 am.  Awake for ages before eventually drifting back off. Alarm goes off 7.30, hit snooze, instantly spark out again till the alarm goes off again. 

WHY?  AAAAGGHHH! 

People driving a bike on sidewalks (or pavement - guess sidewalks is americanese). It really shouldn't bother me as much as it does, but it's really really one of my pet peeves. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

People driving a bike on sidewalks (or pavement - guess sidewalks is americanese). It really shouldn't bother me as much as it does, but it's really really one of my pet peeves. 

Couple this with people who ring their bell expecting to you to move is a complete trigger for me. If you choose to ride on the pavement and I happen to be walking in front of you and I don't hear you coming, a simple "excuse me" or a "could I get past please"...I can roll with. But just ring your bell at me then don't be surprised if one day I snap, boot you off your bike and shove your bell where the sun don't shine! 

Edited by WhatAboutTheFinish

4 minutes ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

Couple this with people who ring their bell expecting to you to move is a complete trigger for me. If you choose to ride on the pavement and I happen to be walking in front of you and I don't hear you coming, a simple "excuse me" or a "could I get past please"...I can roll with. But just ring your bell at me then don't be surprised if one day I snap, boot you off your bike and shove your bell where the sun don't shine! 

The purpose of the bell is to do exactly what they are using it for :lol: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

The purpose of the bell is to do exactly what they are using it for :lol: 

Beat me to it. Not so much pavements as canal towpaths, but I always thank the (rare) bell-ringers, and curse at the ones who shout "Coming through!" or some such. As I understand it, bells on bikes are compulsory in the UK, but the typical MAMIL seems to regard them as effeminate. clearings in the woods. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, coda said:

With many shops reopening I was planning a trip to Greggs. It's not opening yet! My dreams are shattered.

Me and the missus were talking about this yesterday, it never even needed to close so why it’s not yet reopened is a mystery.

All other takeaways remained open so they could have easily done it, strange all round.

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Me and the missus were talking about this yesterday, it never even needed to close so why it’s not yet reopened is a mystery.

All other takeaways remained open so they could have easily done it, strange all round.

For a high street chain, they're an unusually good employer who actually look after their staff. A few weeks ago they cancelled opening some as a trial because they were worried too many people would go there and they wouldn't be able to enforce social distancing. 

I think the area behind the counter is so restricted they're just concerned about how to keep their staff safe while being able to operate. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

if you are walking on the  pavement  , i wouldn't move at all  , simply get your camera out take a pic and send it to the local police and your MP and upload to your social media platforms of choice   ..its 2020 , this is what you are supposed to do now  

Cyclists are not allowed to ride on pavements It is a criminal offence, contrary to Section 72 of the Highways Act 1835, punishable by a fixed penalty

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

For a high street chain, they're an unusually good employer who actually look after their staff. A few weeks ago they cancelled opening some as a trial because they were worried too many people would go there and they wouldn't be able to enforce social distancing. 

I think the area behind the counter is so restricted they're just concerned about how to keep their staff safe while being able to operate. 

Yeah but F the staff, the customer is always right and i haven’t had a steak bake in 3 months now.

Let that sink in, no steak bake for 3 months. 

Possibly the greatest tragedy of 2020....................................

Edited by bannedfromHandV

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yeah but F the staff, the customer is always right and i haven’t had a steak bake in 3 months now.

Possibly the greatest of 2020....................................

Get thyself down to Iceland.

greggs_2_steak_bakes_280g_66330_T1.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Possibly the greatest of 2020....................................

Top 30 Francis Rage GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

Get thyself down to Iceland.

greggs_2_steak_bakes_280g_66330_T1.jpg

My mum keeps saying this to me but she’s the kind of person who drinks panda pop and says it tastes no different to Coca Cola.

Ive has them frozen ones, they are good but it’s still not the same, they come out too dry, it’s that little layer of grease that makes a greggs.

• Like 2

Â