Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Ice cream van drivers are words removed, and their chimes ought to be banned.

Every afternoon I get interrupted by this noisy word removed driving around the surrounding streets playing the same 5 seconds of music.

Would we accept any other business dicing around with a loudspeaker advertising their product? It's bollocks. I hope his van explodes.

You mean you don't do this dance when you hear the music?

1. It's spelled L-O-S-E. It's pronounced 'looz'. It means 'be defeated'. 

2. It's spelled L-O-O-S-E. It's pronounced 'looss'. It means 'slack'. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

shut up looser 

• Haha 3

Some of the time, I’m using an i-pad. 

But the pad has this weird version of spellcheck / predictive, where it changes words that were correct, to words that are, frankly, made up.

The most recent being, when I try to write King Leopold   It will correct it to King Leopoldo 

There, the first one I went back and changed, the second one I’ve left as apple think it should be. I’ve even googled to see if there is actually, a more famous Leopoldo, but there isn’t.

But it does it with all manner of random words, I’ll write ‘weird’ and it will decide I meant ‘widet’ I mean, that’s not even a word to my knowledge!

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Some of the time, I’m using an i-pad. 

But the pad has this weird version of spellcheck / predictive, where it changes words that were correct, to words that are, frankly, made up.

The most recent being, when I try to write King Leopold   It will correct it to King Leopoldo 

There, the first one I went back and changed, the second one I’ve left as apple think it should be. I’ve even googled to see if there is actually, a more famous Leopoldo, but there isn’t.

But it does it with all manner of random words, I’ll write ‘weird’ and it will decide I meant ‘widet’ I mean, that’s not even a word to my knowledge!

You are full of dublini shilton, it’s you not the ipangot. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I bought something quite fragile and expensive the other day. I just got the email to confirm it's been shipped.

Hi! Your order is with Yodel.

Now, do I draft the email to customer services to save time later, or just order another and pay whatever it takes to ensure its delivered by someone competent?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 08/06/2020 at 15:28, mjmooney said:

I always assumed loose ment untighten. Not slack. 

40 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I always assumed loose ment untighten. Not slack. 

You're thinking of the verb loosen. As in, loosen your tie.

Edited by AVFC_Hitz
Sergei Rebrov

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

I bought something quite fragile and expensive the other day. I just got the email to confirm it's been shipped.

Now, do I draft the email to customer services to save time later, or just order another and pay whatever it takes to ensure its delivered by someone competent?

"Sorry we missed you. We've drop kicked your parcel into your neighbour's tree. Thanks for using Yodel"

• Haha 4

Police officers that can't fight their own battles and have to get their sergeant to phone me up to complain about the condescending nature of my email.

The Sgt won't be doing that again either.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Police officers that can't fight their own battles and have to get their sergeant to phone me up to complain about the condescending nature of my email.

The Sgt won't be doing that again either.

Defund the Merseyside Police! 

• Like 1

Just now, Xela said:

Defund the Merseyside Police! 

I did actually ask her if she had nothing better to do than phone up people who replied to pointless addition requests with sarcasm

I also pointed out the irony of phoning me to complain about being condescending and then speaking to me like she was my mother

9 hours ago, Chindie said:

After my troubled experiences with Yodel, any chance your ‘fragile and expensive’ item they are handling for you is akin to Novichok? 🤞

Â