Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I’m taking this opportunity to win over some converts to rough as **** 70’s dub.

Radio Coastal Dub broadcasting live from the conservatory, making slow repetitive love to your ears.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Realising the rocket polishers next door are shit-music-listening chavs that I can't escape.

Yeah I have this too. The dog constantly barking on the rare occasion that the shit music isn't blasting out is quite annoying too!

• Like 1

I did a joke panic buy a couple of weeks ago, I went in to Lidl and got a single tin of pea and ham soup. Just ate it and it was bloody lovely!

Now I’ve actually got to go back to a Lidl and get more pea and ham soup.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ve eaten the last Tunnocks wafer AND they’ve closed the factory.

Stock up on beer is my advice, when word gets out of shortages that’s when REAL panic will set in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Stock up on beer is my advice, when word gets out of shortages that’s when REAL panic will set in.

I'm not a home drinker but picked up a few bottles today at Sainsburys. 

• Like 1

Just now, Xela said:

I'm not a home drinker but picked up a few bottles today at Sainsburys. 

I’m not a home drinker at all. I usually never drink at home. Literally. 

But I’ve got through 2 bottles of rum in the past 2 weeks!

Moan post coming up.

My big procurement project at work had a deadline of 4pm today.  Last week, yesterday and today have been so stressful.  I can't emphasise enough just how much of a toll it's taken on me, and I "don't do stress".  

First it was the trust being difficult, not allowing the required time to complete my companies necessary legal/commercial governance.. that finished at 4.30pm today, half an hour after the energy markets close.

We were meant to hand over 4 signed contracts by 3.30.. the guy signing them was working from home and didn't have a printer.. I found that out at 4.45pm.

The company involved in getting the energy deal were having to call the suppliers to stop them locking the door on the deal, which would have seen the trust out of contract and spending an extra 10k PER DAY on gas/electric.

But it was the Trust's CFO at 1pm who, despite giving me the thumbs up on the 11th of March asking to see the rates, then my boss giving me *12* minutes to change the format completely into a full excel spreadsheet.

As of 6pm, I still don't know if those contracts have reached the right place, I still don't know if we are now out of contract until 10am tomorrow, when the markets open.

At 10am this morning, I found out my accounts payable hadn't paid our electricity suppliers, meaning we're "officially" in debt.. you can't put a new contract in place until all debt is cleared.. I put those invoices onto our system in February.. someone in AP was dressing our accounts.. meaning we could have lost this contract.  Meaning the trust are out of contract, meaning the very thing I'm responsible for has failed to materialise, meaning I'm up for the ass **** if there is one.

Plus working from home with a 5 year old, a wife trying to do her job and a 10 month old who we think is allergic to formula milk because he's in screaming pain every time he poops.

I'm honestly on the edge, and I've never felt anything like it.

Sorry for the moan, it's not like me, but it's good to get it down.

Hopefully tomorrow I get the answer I'm hoping for, then I can face the repercussions after, as well as getting loads more shit done for trust because apparently they think I'm an accountant.

Mental.

• Sad 3

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Moan post coming up.

It's not a moan - it's a worry and a real worry at that.

Good luck. It may not be much solace but when I found myself in similar situations (x being out of contract if the thing that I'd tried to do didn't go through because of something else, e.g. some payment problem) they usually got sorted as a result of people understanding that the consequences of sticking rigidly to something and the ensuing failure were far worse than being flexible and allowing things to get sorted sensibly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, snowychap said:

It's not a moan - it's a worry and a real worry at that.

Good luck. It may not be much solace but when I found myself in similar situations (x being out of contract if the thing that I'd tried to do didn't go through because of something else, e.g. some payment problem) they usually got sorted as a result of people understanding that the consequences of sticking rigidly to something and the ensuing failure were far worse than being flexible and allowing things to get sorted sensibly.

Thanks Snowy.

I'm really hoping my worry will be a laughing point tomorrow morning.  One, last sleepless night.

I really shouldn't let it affect me, I've absolutely tried my hardest, whether that's good enough I'm not sure, but this thing has been rolling on for approaching 9 months now.. if I don't get the nod that it's completed, I'll really feel like a failure.

There have been lots of hurdles to get over, and that's quite right when you're trying to commit the NHS into paying £15m, but if it does go through, I can honestly say I'll be saving the NHS £750k-£1.5m per year for the next 5 years.  I just wish it could have been achieved without some of the nastiness and cold, business feel it has been done in (not by myself I hope).

I know I'm only an energy manager, but my tiny little place on the very edge of the NHS (a subcontracted FM company) I really do feel the gravitas of my responsibilities to helping the NHS and it's a good job surrounded by people who also care, even though we're a big bad, subbie of the NHS.

• Like 1

There was an excellent Johnny Cash cover album from the 80s called Till Things Get Brighter. Pete Shelley doing Straight A's In Love, Dave McComb doing Country Boy. A really good compilation that I have but have no chance of finding. I assumed that Youtube would help me out particularly with those named examples. No. No. Bloody obscure 80s compilations. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Moan post coming up.

My big procurement project at work had a deadline of 4pm today.  Last week, yesterday and today have been so stressful.  I can't emphasise enough just how much of a toll it's taken on me, and I "don't do stress".  

First it was the trust being difficult, not allowing the required time to complete my companies necessary legal/commercial governance.. that finished at 4.30pm today, half an hour after the energy markets close.

We were meant to hand over 4 signed contracts by 3.30.. the guy signing them was working from home and didn't have a printer.. I found that out at 4.45pm.

The company involved in getting the energy deal were having to call the suppliers to stop them locking the door on the deal, which would have seen the trust out of contract and spending an extra 10k PER DAY on gas/electric.

But it was the Trust's CFO at 1pm who, despite giving me the thumbs up on the 11th of March asking to see the rates, then my boss giving me *12* minutes to change the format completely into a full excel spreadsheet.

As of 6pm, I still don't know if those contracts have reached the right place, I still don't know if we are now out of contract until 10am tomorrow, when the markets open.

At 10am this morning, I found out my accounts payable hadn't paid our electricity suppliers, meaning we're "officially" in debt.. you can't put a new contract in place until all debt is cleared.. I put those invoices onto our system in February.. someone in AP was dressing our accounts.. meaning we could have lost this contract.  Meaning the trust are out of contract, meaning the very thing I'm responsible for has failed to materialise, meaning I'm up for the ass **** if there is one.

Plus working from home with a 5 year old, a wife trying to do her job and a 10 month old who we think is allergic to formula milk because he's in screaming pain every time he poops.

Hopefully tomorrow I get the answer I'm hoping for, then I can face the repercussions after, as well as getting loads more shit done for trust because apparently they think I'm an accountant.

Mental.

Sometimes I scream when I poop too.

But seriously.  Best of luck and hoping for a positive outcome.

• Thanks 1

Companies insisting work be done when not imperative in the current crisis.

Example; I work for a large Midlands based cleaning firm and most of our contracts have been shut down. The only ones still open are GP surgeries and banks/building societies.

Except the odd few...at Blythe Valley Business park there is one firm in particular where the client (let's call her Ms R) runs an office that usually employs 100-150 people.

Currently there are THREE people still coming in.

Ms R still insists on her cleaning contractors though, two every morning for 2 hours each and one at lunchtime for one hour. They have absolutely nothing to do, and are being made to work when unnecessary.

I'm wondering why our area manager is allowing this, and if there is somewhere to complain about it?

20 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Moan post coming up.

Mental.

Hope it all turned out ok mate

I can feel the stress you are under just by reading that. Its horrible when you're under immense pressure like that, especially when you are reliant on other people doing their bit in the chain and not throwing in last minute curveballs. It sometimes feels like people are trying to **** you over, even though they aren't. I would have thought the deadlines would have been a bit more fluid noting the situation the country is in at the minute. 

Once it is sorted, you'll sit back and smile about it. Possibly. Maybe. :) 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

I know its a bit of a first word problem but I was expecting a fairly sizeable dividend payment imminently for some bank stock I hold. Following the pressure put on banks by the PRA, they have announced they are cancelling all pending shareholders payouts and future 2020 ones as well. Plus the stock has tanked in value today as well. After all who wants an equity with zero yield?

Â