AVFCforever1991

Things that piss you off that shouldn't

1 hour ago, veloman said:

So ; if the defendant was found not guilty but could still be guilty and the accusers are not believed by the jury but haven't lied ....... where does that leave the English Criminal Law system ?

Just as Bicks says above (though the wording is different now, I think).

In order not to convict, there must just be some doubt as to the guilt - that doesn't have to come about by a witness or complainant or (potantial) victim lying.

7 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I went to Tesco at lunch, and as well as many other things, decided to top up on beer. there's a sign up saying "due to demand, etc, etc, each product is restricted to 3 per customer". No problem,. I got 8 different individual bottles of ale.

I got to the checkout and it turns out their policy is actually 3 beer products, total. So I put my 8 bottles back, and got 3 six-packs. That was fine. And 3 bottles of rum, while I was at it.

I get they're doing what they can to prevent hoarding, but what a silly rule. 

6 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

It's done on the SKU number, not the "type of item".

There's a line that's got to be drawn somewhere, without the man power to cover all the grey areas.

I agree it's a silly rule though, it should be 1 multi pack, or 3 individual things (which is probably what you're talking about!) 

Yeah it’s just a rough rule Hastily brought in to stop hoarding. It doesn’t really matter if you’re buying 3 multipacks instead of 8 bottles. They don’t really care about that. 

As long as it stops people buying 39 packets of loo roll then it works

I went into get our weeks supplies yesterday. Got 2 full fat normal milk for the baby, and an oat milk for me and Mrs A. to have in our coffee.

I was told I was only allowed to get 2 milks. I tried to explain that one wasn't real milk. Young girl looked terrified so I relented and just took the two for the nipper. Who was right there? 🤷‍♂️

Did you let her know that you are The Authority on these matters?  That should have done the trick.

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I went into get our weeks supplies yesterday. Got 2 full fat normal milk for the baby, and an oat milk for me and Mrs A. to have in our coffee.

I was told I was only allowed to get 2 milks. I tried to explain that one wasn't real milk. Young girl looked terrified so I relented and just took the two for the nipper. Who was right there? 🤷‍♂️

Me and my GF both react to lactose in different ways, so I agreed to try this out and we've kept buying it. It's quite alright. But waaay too expensive. I think with the economic downturn it might be one of the products I will look to cut. It's £ 4,5 a bottle here (1 litre). 

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's £ 4,5 a bottle here (1 litre). 

Ouch. I don't bother because it's less than a third of the price here, but it's quite easy to make your own.

Realising the rocket polishers next door are shit-music-listening chavs that I can't escape.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Realising the rocket polishers next door are shit-music-listening chavs that I can't escape.

I suspect the feeling is mutual.

They are realising that the twunt next door wants to wear Hawaian shirts and ride the wave :mrgreen:

34 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

My daughter has just discovered the same thing about her neighbours. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

I suspect the feeling is mutual.

They are realising that the twunt next door wants to wear Hawaian shirts and ride the wave :mrgreen:

Hey, I could drown the words removed out with Slayer at volume 11, but the fact is I like to listen to my stuff when I want, not when I'm forced.

• Haha 1

I’m taking this opportunity to win over some converts to rough as **** 70’s dub.

Radio Coastal Dub broadcasting live from the conservatory, making slow repetitive love to your ears.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Yeah I have this too. The dog constantly barking on the rare occasion that the shit music isn't blasting out is quite annoying too!

• Like 1

I’ve eaten the last Tunnocks wafer AND they’ve closed the factory.

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

This is where the isolation starts to really take its toll. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Shhhh, I've got to go shopping later in the week!

• Like 1

I did a joke panic buy a couple of weeks ago, I went in to Lidl and got a single tin of pea and ham soup. Just ate it and it was bloody lovely!

Now I’ve actually got to go back to a Lidl and get more pea and ham soup.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Stock up on beer is my advice, when word gets out of shortages that’s when REAL panic will set in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Stock up on beer is my advice, when word gets out of shortages that’s when REAL panic will set in.

I'm not a home drinker but picked up a few bottles today at Sainsburys. 

• Like 1

Just now, Xela said:

I'm not a home drinker but picked up a few bottles today at Sainsburys. 

I’m not a home drinker at all. I usually never drink at home. Literally. 

But I’ve got through 2 bottles of rum in the past 2 weeks!

Moan post coming up.

My big procurement project at work had a deadline of 4pm today.  Last week, yesterday and today have been so stressful.  I can't emphasise enough just how much of a toll it's taken on me, and I "don't do stress".  

First it was the trust being difficult, not allowing the required time to complete my companies necessary legal/commercial governance.. that finished at 4.30pm today, half an hour after the energy markets close.

We were meant to hand over 4 signed contracts by 3.30.. the guy signing them was working from home and didn't have a printer.. I found that out at 4.45pm.

The company involved in getting the energy deal were having to call the suppliers to stop them locking the door on the deal, which would have seen the trust out of contract and spending an extra 10k PER DAY on gas/electric.

But it was the Trust's CFO at 1pm who, despite giving me the thumbs up on the 11th of March asking to see the rates, then my boss giving me *12* minutes to change the format completely into a full excel spreadsheet.

As of 6pm, I still don't know if those contracts have reached the right place, I still don't know if we are now out of contract until 10am tomorrow, when the markets open.

At 10am this morning, I found out my accounts payable hadn't paid our electricity suppliers, meaning we're "officially" in debt.. you can't put a new contract in place until all debt is cleared.. I put those invoices onto our system in February.. someone in AP was dressing our accounts.. meaning we could have lost this contract.  Meaning the trust are out of contract, meaning the very thing I'm responsible for has failed to materialise, meaning I'm up for the ass **** if there is one.

Plus working from home with a 5 year old, a wife trying to do her job and a 10 month old who we think is allergic to formula milk because he's in screaming pain every time he poops.

I'm honestly on the edge, and I've never felt anything like it.

Sorry for the moan, it's not like me, but it's good to get it down.

Hopefully tomorrow I get the answer I'm hoping for, then I can face the repercussions after, as well as getting loads more shit done for trust because apparently they think I'm an accountant.

Mental.

• Sad 3

Â