AVFCforever1991

Things that piss you off that shouldn't

Rice is for the poor benighted cultures that don't have bread and potatoes. 

• Haha 1

What about pilau? Risotto? Paella? Mexican rice?

Anything but boring!

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

What about pilau? Risotto? Paella? Mexican rice?

Anything but boring!

Well I've just had some prawn and mushroom risotto. The prawns and mushrooms were the main event, the rice - meh. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Rice is a great food, it's so versatile.

It's a blank canvass, and the problem is, IMO, most Brits are **** woeful at cooking and often just serve plain, boiled, unseasoned rice, which I wouldn't eat anymore than I would plain pasta.

I do the 8 minute method with basmati, boil required amount in lots of water for 8 mins. Strain. Leave to cool. It's perfect and fluffy.

Yesterday I added a little oil, onion, red pepper, peas, to a pan and fried. Then added rice.

Yummy ;)

• Like 1

Can’t beat a bit of rice with your curry.

😇

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Can’t beat a bit of rice with your curry.

😇

If I MUST eat curry, it's always with a nan bread or at a pinch, chapattis, not bloody rice. Come to think of it, the bread is my favourite part of the meal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I could happily eat rice with the curry sauce without the meat tbh.  My brother is weird in that he eats his dinner in the order of worst things first and save the best til last so eats all the rice plain, then the curry, then the bhajis rather than mixing it all up.  Why bother with the rice at all if you're not using it to soak up the sauce? 

I have chips with my curry or Chinese. I feel no shame. 

21 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Rice is boring. The peas are the best bit. 

There should be a pea fried rice if you want peas. 

I expect only egg and fried rice in my egg fried rice 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I could happily eat rice with the curry sauce without the meat tbh.  My brother is weird in that he eats his dinner in the order of worst things first and save the best til last so eats all the rice plain, then the curry, then the bhajis rather than mixing it all up.  Why bother with the rice at all if you're not using it to soak up the sauce? 

I do that with roast dinners. Vegetables first (taking my medicine, to get it out of the way), meat and potatoes last. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

I have chips with my curry or Chinese. I feel no shame. 

Half n half is the only way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

@blandy changing his profile picture. 

I started with the "Hats" album cover, then an Owl, then a different Owl, then a Wolf, then a month of me at Wembley, then this one of me at the cricket. 5 changes in 17 years - like some sort of Flibbertigibbet :)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, blandy said:

I started with the "Hats" album cover, then an Owl, then a different Owl, then a Wolf, then a month of me at Wembley, then this one of me at the cricket. 5 changes in 17 years - like some sort of Flibbertigibbet :)

Yeah, but we’ve all learnt about exponential graphs and you are out of control.

• Haha 4

There's a new series of MasterChef. I didn't know.. iPlayer tells me there's 17 episodes to catch up on. Cool.

Except the iPlayer seems to only be showing the signed version of each episode. Which absolutely shouldn't annoy me, it's actually cool they offer the signed version. But I'd rather not watch the version shrunk down with a woman emoting and doing signals covering up the corner of the image.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

@blandy changing his profile picture. 

I find it helpful, actually.   I could never keep @blandy and @OutByEaster? straight in my head when they were both mammals with sharp teeth (a visually recognizable subset of the larger group "Mods that aren't @limpid or @bickster")

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Donald Trump interviews, what an absolute Moron. You need to watch some of them on the red button Sky Q especially as to why he is not wearing a mask.

Also that his Covid test was so negative, the doctors had never seen a more negative test 

He really really winds me up 

• Like 1

Â