Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Rice is a great food, it's so versatile.

It's a blank canvass, and the problem is, IMO, most Brits are **** woeful at cooking and often just serve plain, boiled, unseasoned rice, which I wouldn't eat anymore than I would plain pasta.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's a blank canvass, and the problem is, IMO, most Brits are **** woeful at cooking and often just serve plain, boiled, unseasoned rice, which I wouldn't eat anymore than I would plain pasta.

I'm actually really good at rice (correct ratio of rice to water, seel the pan, blah blah), flovoured with all kinds of spices and herbs. It's still the stuff that pads out the other food. the flavours improve it but its still padding at the end of the day

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

What about pilau? Risotto? Paella? Mexican rice?

Anything but boring!

Well I've just had some prawn and mushroom risotto. The prawns and mushrooms were the main event, the rice - meh. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I do the 8 minute method with basmati, boil required amount in lots of water for 8 mins. Strain. Leave to cool. It's perfect and fluffy.

Yesterday I added a little oil, onion, red pepper, peas, to a pan and fried. Then added rice.

Yummy ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Can’t beat a bit of rice with your curry.

😇

If I MUST eat curry, it's always with a nan bread or at a pinch, chapattis, not bloody rice. Come to think of it, the bread is my favourite part of the meal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I could happily eat rice with the curry sauce without the meat tbh.  My brother is weird in that he eats his dinner in the order of worst things first and save the best til last so eats all the rice plain, then the curry, then the bhajis rather than mixing it all up.  Why bother with the rice at all if you're not using it to soak up the sauce? 

Â