Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

You could possibly be full of virus now if you went out last Friday 

Your right mate I'm just being stupid as I'm not used to being so bored on my birthday! Ahh well hopefully il get another chance next year 

6 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

Your right mate I'm just being stupid as I'm not used to being so bored on my birthday! Ahh well hopefully il get another chance next year 

Set something up for birthday +half in 6 months time 👍

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

The general attitude of some people and their problems. Yes, my problems are the biggest problems to me because they are my problems. So I appreciate that others will feel the same. But when someone posts on Facebook "More bad news. I'm getting seriously **** off with this virus, it's really bringing me down", why would someone ever feel the need to say "You should try being in my shoes". Why be the kind of dick who thinks it's okay to diminish someone else's issues, just because you perceive to have it worse? If you want to vent, make your own post about it, don't hijack someone else's post and make it abut you, when they may just be looking for a kind word to pick them up.

Another to add to the many reasons I”m happy not to be on FB. 😀

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Why do so many people on facebook dislike facebook?

Talking of Facebook, saw this today on my feed.

spacer.png

I think it’s people being deprived of clapping in a certain minute at football matches.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Talking of Facebook, saw this today on my feed.

spacer.png

I think it’s people being deprived of clapping in a certain minute at football matches.

This is basically why I didnt bother getting involved in the applause the other night.  It won't be long before we are applauding to show solidarity for all the ducks that aren't being fed bread because the old people are stuck indoors or other such nonsense.  That and I'm a miserable cynic in general.

• Like 3

On 27/03/2020 at 19:05, kurtsimonw said:

The general attitude of some people and their problems. Yes, my problems are the biggest problems to me because they are my problems. So I appreciate that others will feel the same. But when someone posts on Facebook "More bad news. I'm getting seriously **** off with this virus, it's really bringing me down", why would someone ever feel the need to say "You should try being in my shoes". Why be the kind of dick who thinks it's okay to diminish someone else's issues, just because you perceive to have it worse? If you want to vent, make your own post about it, don't hijack someone else's post and make it abut you, when they may just be looking for a kind word to pick them up.

I really couldn't give a shit that this pisses you off. 

• Like 1

Must say 100 articles in newspapers from nurses crying about the corona virus is pissing me off. 

I respect the job they do, always have. Always felt they were underpaid most places. But the idea of writing an attention piece about crying cause you're overworked that's just ridiculous. 

When I'm working with compounds that are some of the deadliest man has invented, then got to clock 84 hour weeks cause the project requires it. Does it make me sad? Sometimes. Tired definitely. Do I write whiny crap to the newspapers about feeling overworked. No, it's my job. This is what I educated myself for. 

Cry in your pillow, call a friend. Stop using the media as your damn blog. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Must say 100 articles in newspapers from nurses crying about the corona virus is pissing me off. 

I respect the job they do, always have. Always felt they were underpaid most places. But the idea of writing an attention piece about crying cause you're overworked that's just ridiculous. 

When I'm working with compounds that are some of the deadliest man has invented, then got to clock 84 hour weeks cause the project requires it. Does it make me sad? Sometimes. Tired definitely. Do I write whiny crap to the newspapers about feeling overworked. No, it's my job. This is what I educated myself for. 

Cry in your pillow, call a friend. Stop using the media as your damn blog. 

What the hell. I mean it's spot on for this thread but really you are a long way off public feeling on this. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Jeez - dealing with a deadly worldwide pathogen without adequate equipment and they're "crying about it." - get some f*****ing perspective man.

That's not the case. These articles aren't about missing equipment, it's about feeling overworked. Thanks for the strawman though. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

No. That's not how it works. You post online a ridiculous and reactionary opinion prepare to be taken to task for it. This is an utterly stupid opinion. What are you doing to stop the spread of this? Washing your hands? Maybe not going to the shops as much? Putting your life in jeopardy every single day?

That's fine, but that's funny talk from someone who's initial response was quite different -  telling people to shut up, then makkng stuff up in regards to these stories. Anyway, I have no issues with you disagreeing. 

Â