Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

So you admit that your whole post is based on BS and worthless. Thanks for owning up.

No not quite. As I said, I could explain to you what that word means, but it's probably easier if you google it, as you seem difficult for reading on this thread. 

22 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That's fine, but that's funny talk from someone who's initial response was quite different -  telling people to shut up, then makkng stuff up in regards to these stories. Anyway, I have no issues with you disagreeing. 

what? I am happy to be quoted on something but I have no clue what I may have posted that contradicts what I am saying. 

This bugs me. Telling people to shut up really doesn't sound like me. As for making stuff up? I think you may have the wrong person. 

Edited by Seat68

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Seriously **** up. They are massively over worked sometimes doing 48 hours shifts. Let them complain they are saving **** lives. 

How is it possible to work for 48 hours straight? I don’t deny they are working extremely hard and I am enormously grateful, but... a 48 hour shift?

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

In other news... 

The clocks went forward last night. Start of British Summer Time. Just looked out of the window. It's snowing. 

I had to water my garden yesterday as my boy playing football on it is taking it toll and there’s nothing in the forecast for days. When did it rain last? Seems like it was back in the freedom era.

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Oh, and when I went to Morrisons last week, they had loads of milk chocolate digestives. No dark. Bastards. 

The only Choc digestives they had in our supermarket on my last visit were the choc orange ones, proves that its a horrendous taste combo, only the infected will eat those

2 hours ago, Genie said:

How is it possible to work for 48 hours straight? I don’t deny they are working extremely hard and I am enormously grateful, but... a 48 hour shift?

I know. It's crazy. 

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-03-20/nhs-nurse-breaks-down-in-tears-after-she-s-unable-to-buy-food-after-48-hour-shift-amid-coronavirus-stockpiling/

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I think she’s a liar.

this was a widely publicised video and story. I feel that if she was lying, a colleague would make this known. No one has called out the 48 hour figure. 

The actual words she used, not quoted in that article are:

‘I’m a critical care nurse and I’ve just finished 48 hours of work and I just wanted to get some stuff in for the next 48 hours.

I can only imagine she means it's been 2 long days, and those aren't fun, even when they're meant to be 12 hour shifts on a standard day they turn in to 14+. There's no way in the world she's worked 48 continuous hours though, none.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The actual words she used, not quoted in that article are:

I can only imagine she means it's been 2 long days, and those aren't fun, even when they're meant to be 12 hour shifts on a standard day they turn in to 14+. There's no way in the world she's worked 48 continuous hours though, none.

I know a few doctors and nurses, and they do work some crazy hours at the best of times - and exceptionally so in times of crisis. OK, '48 hours' doesn't mean literally non-stop on their feet. But it still means 48 hours without going home for a full night's sleep. They'll probably catch short much-needed nap breaks every now and then (if they can find a spare bed), but it's still incredibly full-on. Not many of us could handle it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When my wife gave birth to my first son, it was Jan 24/25th, there was a shortage of staff on duty because one of the staff had a birthday and half the staff booked that night off.

The midwife who helped with our labour legit worked over 24 hours (helping mom's deliver babies) and ours was her last before finishing that day.

I hate myself for forgetting her name, but she was amazing.  

• Like 1

Now , I have no particular liking or affinity with Alex Salmond but he has been found 'not guilty' ,by a Court of Law , of the charges levelled against him. However , his accusers still bask in anonymity. So is this fair because if he was found not guilty it is possible that some or all of his accusers were lying and on the premise that mud sticks is his reputation may be forever tarnished. Realise it happens quite frequently but this high profile case emphasises the situation. Thoughts ?

24 minutes ago, veloman said:

Now , I have no particular liking or affinity with Alex Salmond but he has been found 'not guilty' ,by a Court of Law , of the charges levelled against him. However , his accusers still bask in anonymity. So is this fair because if he was found not guilty it is possible that some or all of his accusers were lying and on the premise that mud sticks is his reputation may be forever tarnished. Realise it happens quite frequently but this high profile case emphasises the situation. Thoughts ?

Unfortunately, I think this might potentially only be half time. 

His own solicitor has been taped saying the guy is an obnoxious bully and a sex pest, but that all they needed to do was insinuate some dirt on the witnesses and it would be enough of a seed of doubt to get him off. 

So I think maybe there’s more than we know about so its a tricky one to jump in with any conclusions.

Ah, I didn't know that chrisp and as you say would throw  a different light on it. My wife had to serve on a jury ,a couple of years ago, involving an accusation of rape and although there was compelling evidence that the the defendant was innocent (and found so)  the woman was never named. Just seems a little unfair to me.

Â