Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Some people within the workplace are such idiots. 

I interviewed 3 people for positions in my team, all 3 from the same team. I was constantly pinging their LM as written on Skype, to keep him up to date, if/when he needs replacements etc.

Today some other bloke (We'll call him Baldy) pings me stating 'Hi I'm x, y and z's manager, what's the status of their application? Do I need replacements?'

So I go back to the other guy and I'm like 'why is baldy messaging me saying he's their manager? and asking me for the state of their applications?' 

'I didn't talk with him about it, you told me not to talk with anyone'

.. obviously I told him not to discuss the contents of our chat with the employees in question, but he took that to heart. Then he tells me they actually have 3 managers... God knows how.

So I go back to Baldy and tell him to talk with their actual manager because I don't want to write a week's worth of shite again. He tells me it's weird and I should tell him. These are 3 management level people, all in the same team, incapable of discussing details between themselves. Just shoot me.

3 hours ago, rjw63 said:

The fact that even during this virus scare, some word removed still fly-tipped seven black bags of shite last night by my garage outside the back garden. I didn't get home til 7pm, and I was out at 4.30am this morning, so some arsehole was skulking about in the small hours.

These are the types I really truly hope get the virus, and don't recover.

Fit a secret camera.

2 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Fit a secret camera.

Yeah...not feasible. Garage is 100 feet from house and 25 feet from back gate. No power. Also, the local scum would steal it.

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I was on the daily morning Zoom call with the team and most of them obviously have the kids at home with them. At the end of the call, all the kids came on screen and were waving at everyone

*Xela has left the Zoom call*

There's no "vomit" reaction, so I did the best I could.

• Thanks 1

At my team's handover to the night shift, one of the lads was sat in the kitchen, laptop camera on when his missus "accidentally" walked past in the background in her undies. She is very popular with the other boys at works outings and her other half obviously gets off on the attention she gets, in a "yeah, but she's coming home with me !" way 

Git !

....and before you ask the obvious, i forgot how to screen capture as my fat fingers fumbled and trembled, so no pics 😭

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I can't imagine how shit working from home would be if I had some annoying little kids running about.

Played FIFA with my lad today, had a couple of games of football in the garden yesterday. Little girl read me the poem she wrote today too. It’s not all bad.

Wife will be at work (local council) on Wednesday and Thursday so I’m sure it’ll be less fun then when I’ve got to work and be a parent / teacher!

Edited by Genie

32 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

....and before you ask the obvious, i forgot how to screen capture as my fat fingers fumbled and trembled, so no pics

There’s always tomorrow. Be prepared. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

At my team's handover to the night shift, one of the lads was sat in the kitchen, laptop camera on when his missus "accidentally" walked past in the background in her undies. She is very popular with the other boys at works outings and her other half obviously gets off on the attention she gets, in a "yeah, but she's coming home with me !" way 

Git !

....and before you ask the obvious, i forgot how to screen capture as my fat fingers fumbled and trembled, so no pics 😭

God damn you!! We want evidence man... evidence!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

God damn you!! We want evidence man... evidence!

Dude, i was dumbstuck for the 3 or 4 seconds that it happened...i literally could not believe my eyes.

I know it's no real compensation but look up Jamie Lee Curtis in trading places movie, except this bloke's missus is a red head.....same body though.

I'm off to bed early tonight, sweet dreams ahead 🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

Should have got my Barnett cut before this lockdown 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

I just said that to my brother.

I normally only get it cut twice a year and the last time was October, I think.

Only option is to shave my head but I did that once twenty years ago and the look was not a good one (I do have the same fleece beanie I bought to cover it up, though!).

• Like 1

Â