Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Underrated: Abney and Teal. 

It’s a curious one. The animation is good.

Not seen it in a while. But remember thinking that the title characters should swap names. Abney seems like it should be the more feminine name (probably “Abigail” influencing my thoughts) and Teal should be the name of the character who is vaguely blue (not quite Teal, admittedly).

52 minutes ago, Xela said:

Postman Pat or GTFO

Don’t often catch Postman Pat as it’s on early in the morning, just as day is dawning (hahaha). But it’s changed a lot, he has a helicopter now.

• Like 1

To completely change the subject... Who writes this shit? I’m listening to an album I bought today. A career spanning Best of for Fad Gadget. These are the liner notes. Talk about pretentious twaddle!

EDIT: Just spotted at the end it was Paul Morley, he always was an arse

22904A49-10D1-43AA-A73F-C8778AA4E75F.png

3 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Waffle the wonder dog, only cus I'd love to bend one up the woman who plays jess (the mother) 

Slim pickings on CBeebies.

You've basically got Jess, Welsh Rebecca, Maddie (from Do You Know), the Mom from Topsy and Tim, Catie (from Amazing Machines) and maybe Ferne (from My Pet and Me) if you like the smell of farms.

41 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

You've basically got Jess, Welsh Rebecca, Maddie (from Do You Know), the Mom from Topsy and Tim, Catie (from Amazing Machines) and maybe Ferne (from My Pet and Me) if you like the smell of farms.

I’ve developed a crush on Evie. Mack’s girlfriend from “Molly & Mack” has her charms too.

There was another newish presenter over the summer, can’t remember her name but she’s nice too.

You’ve also forgotten the sauciest little sexpot on the entire channel.

0448639C-7EBE-4BD6-AF45-3BC3256F4DCF.jpeg

Edited by Shropshire Lad

47 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Maddie Moat. Yum. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Maddie Moat. Yum. 

Indeed. She got herself some social media following from me. Which made me wonder how many other pervert parent and guardians also followed her. As it sure as hell isn't going to be the pre school kids that are her target audience. 

Got stuck in traffic in Solihull this morning. I could see Plod had blocked off the main road so knew it was serious.

Turns out a woman got hit by a bus and died at the scene.

The thing that pisses me off about it...Facebook's Solihull Updates reported this incident, I was appalled to see how many British people now find it "helpful" to send "thoughts and prayers".

Thought and prayers do **** all.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Got stuck in traffic in Solihull this morning. I could see Plod had blocked off the main road so knew it was serious.

Turns out a woman got hit by a bus and died at the scene.

The thing that pisses me off about it...Facebook's Solihull Updates reported this incident, I was appalled to see how many British people now find it "helpful" to send "thoughts and prayers".

Thought and prayers do **** all.

I disagree.

11 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

You're in a minority on this forum then ;)

Fair enough.

You might be right, I think I see where you are coming from at least.

Sentimental gestures are not going to bring these people back, they're not going to wash away the pain, and sometimes they aren't even genuine.

So I think I do see your point.

However sometimes it's nice to know you're not all alone in this world, and sometimes a thoughtful gesture can go along way.

Sometimes even the notion that there's a man in the sky that you can speak to and ask for help is comforting for some people.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, A'Villan said:

Fair enough.

You might be right, I think I see where you are coming from at least.

Sentimental gestures are not going to bring these people back, they're not going to wash away the pain, and sometimes they aren't even genuine.

So I think I do see your point.

However sometimes it's nice to know you're not all alone in this world, and sometimes a thoughtful gesture can go along way.

Sometimes even the notion that there's a man in the sky that you can speak to and ask for help is comforting for some people.

FWIW, I agree with you. 

Even though the "thoughts and prayers" rhetoric has been diluted by the gun crimes in the USA, for a one-off, local incident in Solihull, it's actually quite sweet that strangers have taken the time to send a simple, compassionate message of support to the family and friends of the person who's died. 

I'm not religious, but you don't know the people who are affected by it aren't.  

When the family look back in 15 years time, there may be children who are adults who will see the messages and take great pride in the person who has been lost. 

It's a shame, a horrible shame. 

• Like 1

I find 'thoughts and prayers' a bit insulting personally. It often comes across disingenuous.

That is also based on my own experience of my mum having a ruptured aneuryism in her brain when I was a teenager and my uncle constantly talking about praying for her with his church and telling my family it would help if we did too. So yeah, maybe I'm a bit led by my own personal experiences.

Edited by Sam-AVFC

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

I find 'thoughts and prayers' a bit insulting personally. I find it's often a bit disingenuous.

That is also based on my own experience of my mum having a ruptured aneuryism in her brain when I was a teenager and my uncle constantly talking about praying for her with his church and telling my family it would help if we did too. So yeah, maybe I'm a bit led by my own personal experiences.

I'd say so.

But I'm sorry to hear about your mom, that's awful. 

A really good friend of mine lost his mum in January this year from an aortic aneurysm.  Went to bed fine and dandy, never woke up.  Husband didn't hear or feel a thing. 

Absolutely terrible. 

Â